Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.12.29, 12:13 AM   #1
Zillon
Real men race Coopers

Send a message via AIM to Zillon
Question D in ball questions

I will be ordering 2 Mini-Z Overland Readysets from D in ball .com, and I would like to know how the frequencies are selected. Do the packagers just select two Mini-Z's out of the blue and throw them in a box, or is there any way to select a frequency that you desire?

Also, what experiences have some of you had with d******? I don't feel like getting the short end of the stick here, as they are the only ones who sell the Pajero Street in a readyset, as well as all the things I want to order with my Pajero.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Zillon; 2003.12.29 at 08:41 PM.
Zillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.29, 06:15 AM   #2
Mr. Furious

Before you make the overseas order, have you tried to contact the store here to see if he can get you the PJ street version? By buying here, you support the forums and the service is top notch, the best I've seen on the net. D-ball seems like a reputable dealer but why take the chance on a long distant shipment, pay all that shipping and risk getting beat with some customs charges when your item arrives. You'd be pretty annoyed if you got tagged paying duties on your big order before you could pick it up. I'm not sure if you have to pay duties/customs fees but no one can give me a definitive answer as to whether you do or not. On small/cheap items I've heard no but on bigger dollar items I've heard it's possible. There are some PJ street versions stateside as I've seen them on another MZ site. So e-mail the shop here and see if he can get you the sets and the parts you need. With the free shipping and his prices, I'll bet it comes in pretty close in price and if you have a problem, you are not dealing with a language barrier and thousands of miles of seperation. In short, check into it with the shop at minizracer.com before you send your money overseas.

Last edited by Mr. Furious; 2003.12.29 at 06:17 AM.
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.29, 07:39 AM   #3
El Tigre

They're pretty good to deal with, but I would check with your local post office to question the duties fee for goods sent in from another country. I have never spent more than $60 or $70 with them and never paid any duties fee, but, I think it may be different if you buy $250 worth of RC cars from them. Overall, they are AOK. One thing, after you place your order, ask them an obscure question about Mini-Z's and you will find the mock english reply quite entertaining. I will reply later with USPS's answer to the question of duties fee's, I myself am very interested in the answer to this one.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.29, 07:39 AM   #4
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

I would agree with Mr. Furious. With a name like that I wouldn't want to get him mad at me. Send David a Email at the shop. If it is sold out there, he can get it and be a better experience with purchasing over the internet.
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.29, 09:50 AM   #5
Zillon
Real men race Coopers

I do plan on buying parts from here in the future, but I would rather not have to wait for a custom order for stuff that they do not sell on here for now.

If he sold everything to begin with, I would have bought it already.
Old 2003.12.29, 10:09 AM   #6
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally posted by Zillon
I do plan on buying parts from here in the future, but I would rather not have to wait for a custom order for stuff that they do not sell on here for now.

...i don't even want to get into that one. i'm pretty sure he had them but they sold out maybe. maybe it was just the autoscales?

ok, i'll get into it but just alittle. mini-z has to run a business...he can't afford to order x amount of everything and have racks of shelf warmers. i can't speak for him but from watching the shop contents move, he stocks what is requested when he can get it and what shows potential of being in demand. these things are not off the shelf, as they must be ordered and shipped from overseas, this takes time. if you don't want to wait, that is your perogavtive. there are other u.s. shops that might have what your looking for. i for one try to spend as much money stateside as i can.

as far as din... i've heard good and bad things. most seems pretty happy. the shipping is a killer though. i've had about $170 order from model shop online and there were not any customs/duty charges. if there is a threashold, i am not aware of one. i am curious to know the answer as well.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.29, 10:28 AM   #7
Zillon
Real men race Coopers

Exactly, I figured it might be too much of an effort, and take too much time to have David custom order me a whole list for an Overland.

As for the customs cost, I might be able to avoid that by purchasing the other Overland either here or on Tower.
Old 2003.12.29, 01:35 PM   #8
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
make sure you tell them you want the paper work (if youd o want it) db usualy opens it to take out the paper work, and make the box liter... at least they use to say this on their site.
Old 2003.12.29, 08:35 PM   #9
Zillon
Real men race Coopers

Well, the total is going to come out over 300, because I am ordering an overland for my friend as well, because I figured it would be more economical instead of having 2 seperate orders.

Hopefully, I don't get the short end of the stick here with D******.
Old 2003.12.30, 12:37 PM   #10
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zillon

Zillon, we often have parts in stock that aren't listed, either because they just arrived, or because we pulled them to list on eBay, etc. We have both white and red street Pajeros in stock as AutoScales, though not ReadySets.

http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=836

That said, we can always special order things; because our shipping is so fast, and because we're located close to the US distributor, the turnaround on an out of stock ReadySet is still a lot quicker than ordering from Dogbowl as it only takes about 4 days to get to us tops, then 2-3 to get to you, while Dogbowl takes weeks, then arrives damaged and with no warranty.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.30, 12:37 PM   #11
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULANGELO
I would agree with Mr. Furious. With a name like that I wouldn't want to get him mad at me. Send David a Email at the shop. If it is sold out there, he can get it and be a better experience with purchasing over the internet.
Thanks PAULANGELO!
Old 2003.12.30, 12:38 PM   #12
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Furious
Before you make the overseas order, have you tried to contact the store here to see if he can get you the PJ street version? By buying here, you support the forums and the service is top notch, the best I've seen on the net. ... In short, check into it with the shop at minizracer.com before you send your money overseas.
Thanks for the support Mr. Furious !
Old 2003.12.30, 04:04 PM   #13
Zillon
Real men race Coopers

Well I ordered from ******, order will be here either at the end of this week, or the beginning of next week. Getting good, reliable shipping with a tracking number was basically a mass murder, but I split the shipping cost with a friend because we lumped together our orders. So shipping wasn't that bad.

Sorry about all that Mini-z, it's not that I don't wish to support the site, just I didn't feel like waiting. I will order stuff from you in the future no doubt, because your shop is one of the few around to stock any aftermarket for the OL.
Old 2004.01.04, 01:27 PM   #14
Zillon
Real men race Coopers

Well, order arrived yesterday morning, no problems at all, nothing missing. It cost quite a bit to get it shipped here, but these OL's are cool as hell.