Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.12.22, 08:05 AM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
-it introduced a new screw that is only available (screws by themselves) in a part kit non associated with Mini-Z and not used anywhere else on the car.
-it requires a very fine point screw driver, not necessarily needed for the standard Mini-Z screws.
-given the location and delta between the sizes, i doubt the infinitesimal weight savings is even perceivable nor appreciable.

the dnano screw driver is perfect fit/match for these size screws. the green color also makes it harder to loose amongst all the other tools. it's not cheap though and i'm sure a suitable driver is commonly available and equally fine fit. I just happened to have the dnano driver from my brief excursion into 1:32 scale.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.22, 08:11 AM   #17
Tammer

Thank you everyone who chimed in this has turned into a very informative thread.

So let me summarize what I have read so far.
The MZ401 series is for brushed. The colored version of this chassis is weaker.
The MZ501 series is for brushless and slightly different in the sense of the binding hole and the screws used for the servo mount.
The SP version is gold plated however there is not a noticeable difference in it's performance.

The PN 2.5 chassis seems to be the route to go. I have thought about this chassis for a little while now. My only concerns with it are two things. I noticed the top plate does not cover the entire board and has part of the board and wires exposed, could this ultimately become an issue with RCP dust. not saying that the standard chassis is sealed but it is better covered. My next concern is the body limitation on this chassis. I typically run the 12c, ferrari 458, and the nissan 2014 concept. I do not want to limit my self to the 2 or 3 bodies that I have read fit with confirmation. Is this true that only a handful of bodies fit?
I wish the guys at PN would improve part description and compatibility. I understand there are hundreds of bodies but if they could just list the most popular bodies that fit with or without modding it.
Tammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.22, 08:28 AM   #18
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
2.5:
yes, parts are exposed. No, this is not an issue unless you intend on driving it through puddles or prone to drooping loose bare wires over your exposed chassis. if overly concerned, you can shrink wrap the board. i have yet to see anyone concerned about this, locally.
It is designed and made for designated 'wide' bodies. there are instructions for modifying the body clip on the 12C i believe it is on PN's social media page, nothing extreme required. I have not tried an Enzo which also has deep sides.
PN made an improvement that best suits the most commonly used bodies at the time of development. testing fitment with the catalog of available autoscales is impractical to say the least for any number of reasons. as it's performance centric, it doesn't need to really address 'narrow' bodies nor unexpected to need to make minor fitment adjustments if necessary. if you making the switch to a performance based 3rd party chassis, minor adjustment of the autoscale is no unexpected labor really.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.12.22 at 03:01 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.22, 10:26 AM   #19
RussF
Salt Lake Mini-Z

Pretty much ditto on everything arch2b said. I like the PCB being open for cooling and the minimal dust that gets that high is easy to blow off. I use the 12C and the modification was very easy with a dremel with a cuttoff wheel. Or even easier if you are painting a new white one just do the mod prior to painting and gluing the clips on. This is what I used the first time to do the mod. https://www.fk.com/search/top/?q=McL...2.5W%20chassis

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.12.22 at 03:00 PM. Reason: social media link
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.22, 10:50 AM   #20
Tammer

Awesome, thank you both.
Too bad Kenon is closed and tiny is out of stock. I'll have to wait until the 5th.
Tammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.22, 12:01 PM   #21
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammer View Post
Awesome, thank you both.
Too bad Kenon is closed and tiny is out of stock. I'll have to wait until the 5th.
I know for a fact that Cruizin has two in stock. Here is their website http://cruizinrc.com

try calling and he should be able to ship out. He also has good stock on a lot of mini-z gear, including older qteq and reflex goodies that can't be found easily.