Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.04.20, 07:08 PM   #1
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Cowboy's Custom One-Off collection

Hey Gang,

This is my new page to show off my (mostly) unique collection of Mini-Z bodies.

For the longest time I've been longing for something different from the race bodies most show up with and the deciding factor was one day there was 4 of the same Ferrari 360/430 Ecosse shells on the track at the same time (including mine). I find it distracting so i figured it's time to start some shells no-one will usually see at the track.

First up was a collaberation job with myself (decals) and hrdrvr (paint and clearcoat). I saw this representation of the Honda HSV online at nogripracing and though that i had to do it.

Repsol Honda SuperGT

The following is a loose represetnation of the Arrows A23 F1 from the 2001 F1 Championship. The team principal (Tom Walkinshaw) is sort of a hero of mine for being a true underdog privateer (and since Jordan was liscensed by Kyosho and Minardi was all black paint I chose this one)

Arrows A23

These next three are recently finished. I thought this thread would be a good place to show off before they get ravaged by racing...

Castrol Toyota Supra 1995 (I know it's liscensed but try to find one for less than $100 that you want to race)

Marlboro Porsche 911GT1 1995

Farnbacher Racing Hankook Ferrari 458 GT2(my pride and joy of the bunch)

I have a couple more coming down the pipes and I'm also searching for white bodies that i can buy to reproduce some interesting race liveries.

Thanks for viewing and comments welcome (just don't point out too many flaws, though)

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.20, 07:38 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
nice job on them. i to prefer something unique, which is why i had phases with the mini-zracer theme, fluorescent lighting theme and now maryland pride. keep up the work and look forward to seeing them as they are being done/completed
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.20, 09:11 PM   #3
gctkaz

OMG I love that Hankook theme! Makes me want to bring out my Hankook S15 autoscale. I guess I might as well since it has already sustained some race damage, no sense in trying to preserve it any longer.

How long does it take you to do one of these up? I wouldn't have the heart to race them if I put so much effort into them.
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.20, 09:24 PM   #4
imxlr8ed

They're all amazing work! Really like the 458, but the Porsche makes me wanna step out and burn one!

Awesome job! Excellent race themes!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.20, 10:05 PM   #5
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

They are not just race themes they are copies of actual competitors in various catagories. Google them to see the actual racers.

They take a couple afternoons of easy paint and decal application. As for fear of using them I say if they get damaged beyond usage it'll give me the incentive to do new ones.

my custom body album...
Old 2013.04.20, 10:50 PM   #6
TheSteve
VE7FM

You must be the one who leaves all the paint rub marks on my bodies, lol.

Excellent work, when you leave tomorrow make sure the F1 car is in your bag cause if it finds its way into mine I'm gonna take it home!

btw, really looking forward to the Abarth...
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.30, 04:15 PM   #7
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

looks like photobucket has allowed free accounts again....

Hankook Mosler MT900

my custom body album...
Old 2019.03.30, 04:20 PM   #8
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

SuperGT YellowHat Nissan 350Z

Interprogress Bank Lamborghini Murcielago GT1

my custom body album...
Old 2019.03.30, 04:24 PM   #9
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

These bodies were my toughest to date.

2018 Leman GT-Pro Porsche "pink pig retro"

ADAC Masters Audi R8 LMS 2015- BWT

This one was a full body wrap to get the carbonation effect through the entire pink surface...in total about 12hours to complete from white body to clear coat.

my custom body album...
Old 2019.03.30, 07:59 PM   #10
MTseo

Really impressive. I am going to have to try a custom body someday. Not sure if I have a steady enough hand for it but it seems like it would be a lot of fun and rewarding.
Old 2020.10.04, 05:59 PM   #11
Minizorro

Thumbs up Mosler

always very classy the Mosler, this livery works beautifully, clean and bold!

Last edited by Minizorro; 2020.10.05 at 04:05 AM.
Minizorro is offline   Reply With Quote