Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.09.09, 11:53 AM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
EU Truck Racing Class Development!

EU Truck Racing Class Development!

Development of our EU Truck Racing class is continues at a quick pace. We are narrowing down our motor gearing specifications after some preliminary testing this past Saturday. Current spec is either PN Racing 70T or PN Racing 3500kv brushless with an equivalent gear ration range limit. I drove both a brushless and my own 70T and prefer the 70T myself.
ByebyeRacing has updated us with revised printed truck skirt post support and 102-108mm disc damper plate that supports greater adjust-ability in positioning of damper/shock if so desired. I currently run a PN #4 T plate only and it seems to work brilliantly. I'll do some further testing with a damper at some point however it's running much better than anticipated so not so eager to go messing around with it.
A tip on assembly of the body, I am using an elastic glue, Walthers Goo, to assembly the body as it has great adhesion and remains somewhat flexible. You can slice up an old gift card to likewise fill in the gap at the side skirt just under the cab doors. If you then back putty this area with copious amounts of glue, it remains strong.
We've seen the initial concerns regarding durability were largely unfounded. The bodies so far have held up fine. I'm sure something at some point will break however than is really to be expected and the Buggyra bodies in particular are very affordable as body kits.
We have seen the development of lexan bodies for this type of class however we are also focused on the scale beauty and realism the slot truck bodies provide and are frankly more affordable than autoscales.
My truck is a stock MR-03 with PN #4 t plate, ball bearings, PN 70T motor in a PN motor pod (highly recommended to use an aftermarket motor pod for adaptability of rear diffuser, etc. I am running PN +3 narrow up front and PN +3 wide at the back. +2.5 narrow up front would likely be the smarter choice to keep tires from scrubbing the rails, I choose to simply stay off the rails as best I can vs. building to bounce off them.
ByebyeRacing has designed and provided the rear diffuser, front nose clip adapter, front body posts, rear skirt adapter and posts, damper plate and transponder carrier. For really low investment cost, this class pays off tremendously in the smiles it produces Can't thank our local wizard ByebyeRacing enough for the quick iterations to make a very affordable adaption kit that is simplistic and reliable and most of all uncomplicated to assemble and install. The only user required modifications are drilling 4 2mm holes in the truck body.

There are no restrictions on the type of slot truck body one can use except that is be the same 1/32 scale. I have video of our test session that has a short nose design and there are completely cab forward/over trucks built in the club as well. These all mount slightly differently and will need to cover those at another time.

arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.09.09, 11:53 AM   #2
arch2b

Old 2018.09.09, 01:08 PM   #3
arch2b

HERE is some test session video.
Old 2018.09.09, 06:52 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Thanks for sharing the under shots of the body and the chassis. I still havent had any time to work on my cars and trucks.
Old 2018.10.14, 01:28 PM   #5
arch2b

Championship Truck Test Session, October 13, 2018 VIDEO
Old 2018.10.14, 06:25 PM   #6
Mike Keely

Ray, if you are running +3's on a narrow front end then you should be able to change the chassis to the wide set-up and run 0 front rims.
Old 2018.10.14, 06:43 PM   #7
arch2b

yeah, I grabbed the chassis out of a box and never paid attention to what front end setup was. I'll try it next race day on the wide setup.