Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion

View Poll Results: 4WD Overland or Monster?
Overland 33 37.08%
Monster 9 10.11%
Both 46 51.69%
I don't care ether way, it's a waste if you can't tear up a track with it. 1 1.12%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006.03.16, 12:21 AM   #1
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Overland or Monster: With 4WD?

I am making this poll from all the posts I have seen by members on maybe the next big Mini Z thing. This is for the Kyosho reps to see, so I hope for a good turnout if you want to be heard. I am making the choices for the Overland series and the Monster. I'd love to see the 4WD Monster, but like to see a 4WD Overland snuck in first. I say that as the Overland is more suited to crawling, and 4WD has a way of slowing down an RC. What makes the Monster fun is it has a livelyness to it with it's rear drive setup. And if they make it 4WD it would be a two motored beast.
Old 2006.03.16, 12:02 PM   #2
G-Class
Big Slugger

It looks like people want both.

My Gallery NEW OL PICS UPDATED:07/27/2006

"There's a momentary pause while a Nomex finger stabs at any button relating to safety." Top Gear Magazine FEBRUARY 2007
G-Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.16, 01:06 PM   #3
jason barnes
jason barnes

Send a message via AIM to jason barnes
Thumbs down awd monster

I think the 4 wheel monster would be sick awesome . yes
jason barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.16, 10:09 PM   #4
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

I'd like to see both as well. The Overland is a good one because you wonder how they can cram all that stuff inside the bodies. The Monster on the other hand just plop the body on the top of it. Ether way the gears should be tough enough to churn up rocks. With the one vote on the Monster only, I guess the Monster don't really need 4WD as half the time or more it is in the air. All the extra hardware would do here is wheigh it down. A 4WD Monster would still be cool to have.

Glad to see a positive feedback here, and so far nobody voted for the last one. I admit I did that one for a joke anyway, have to have a little humor with a poll. Just to make it seem more interesting.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2006.03.16 at 10:14 PM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.17, 04:54 PM   #5
AustinMini

Monster

I chose only to do the monster.
Reason: I couldn't care less for the Overland never liked it never will.(sry)
Would be a Good thing dow 4wd Monster.

Grtz
AustinMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.17, 06:32 PM   #6
Stoovey

It would be cool to have both available but if they didn't, I'd prefer having the Monster. Make it like a Clod, dual motors on the axles. The only thing they'd need to do is re-design the axle assembly so the gears were more centered, thus leaving room for the steering knuckles and servo. It could be done, cleanly. Heck, if they did that, they might as well just make it 4WD and 4WS.

I'd buy a bunch of them if they did that.
Stoovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.18, 12:20 AM   #7
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Doing the Overland would very much mean that that whole chassis would need a redesign. And is the Overland popular enough to spend that much R&D on? Still it would be nice to do the Overland as a crawler with those parts stuffed under the body.

The Monster is a more solid design to start with. The Monster would just about have to be a two motored beast to make it worthwhile.

At this point these are a big "what if". Still nice to see the posts and interests in this.
Old 2006.03.18, 06:07 AM   #8
Ryutech

Well, I think that the Nylint crawlers really increased the popularity rock crawling with the masses. Kyosho could ride that wave by releasing a 4wd "rock crawling" version of the Monster of Overland I think. Most of us already mod our Overlands to crawl (lssm's and such) so I think the market niche is definitely there.

So yeah, I think it would be worth the R&D investment.
Ryutech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.24, 09:23 AM   #9
chrille_pro-z
EMP AWD

Send a message via MSN to chrille_pro-z
I voated for the Monster! But after thinking for a minute or two i changed my mind, i would like to have a 4WDS Monster and a 4WD OL, just for fun!
Old 2006.05.30, 11:46 AM   #10
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZ
I am making this poll from all the posts I have seen by members on maybe the next big Mini Z thing. This is for the Kyosho reps to see, so I hope for a good turnout if you want to be heard. I am making the choices for the Overland series and the Monster. I'd love to see the 4WD Monster, but like to see a 4WD Overland snuck in first. I say that as the Overland is more suited to crawling, and 4WD has a way of slowing down an RC. What makes the Monster fun is it has a livelyness to it with it's rear drive setup. And if they make it 4WD it would be a two motored beast.
AWD Mini-Z car is actually faster than the 2WD cars. Why not make a FWD chassis for us Honda fans? Anyway, either will be good AWD's. More power for crawling over things. Plus, make the chassis more dirt and mud proof.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.31, 09:42 AM   #11
mavrick

I would like a Overlander with 4wd option. Actually Id take 2. Been waiting for it to come out forever.
mavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.03, 09:58 PM   #12
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
See my avatar at least untill I change it, its currently a monster Ferrari F40... the Monster mode of my chassis... wich will fill inthe 4wd overland desires you all have... and hopefuly before Kyosho does it .

GROUND CLEARANCE ANYONE?! its strattleing a Road cone from the old MR01 readysets... in the render... and incase I change my avatar again, ill attach it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MonsterF40Little.jpg (1.9 KB, 75 views)
Old 2006.06.04, 10:06 AM   #13
tzero
Team Nomadio 007

Send a message via AIM to tzero Send a message via Yahoo to tzero
OMG, Drac I gotta get one! Hurry Up lol
Thats the coolest pic of your chassis yet.
Old 2006.06.04, 11:33 AM   #14
builthatch
yes, it's a boxer

where's the m18t spot? ; )

FS: several built "old school AM" MR-02s + stuffs
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.19, 10:47 AM   #15
Natedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZ
...I'd love to see the 4WD Monster, but like to see a 4WD Overland snuck in first. I say that as the Overland is more suited to crawling, and 4WD has a way of slowing down an RC. What makes the Monster fun is it has a livelyness to it with it's rear drive setup. And if they make it 4WD it would be a two motored beast.
Agreed, but also need to make them all more water and dirt proof. The 4x4 versions would have to have strong gears! I voted for both!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote