Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.03.31, 10:02 AM   #31
Terry_S

Hi Stu, apologies I've not been back to the forum for a while.

I'd guess it takes around a week to ship to the states from the UK.
There's no concrete USD$ price, but it's most times around $60US
for the shrink version unless there's a big change with the US$/GBP
exchange rates. Just checked earlier today and it was $60.75 with
free shipping. Don't forget to enter the store checkout or the price
is shown with VAT (17.5%) UK sales tax included. You need to use
the dropdown and select the delivery location.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.31, 04:19 PM   #32
Hood
Corvette Killer

We can't wait to try them out, but buying these from MRT has been very difficult to say the least. Finally gave up on getting a bulk order and pricing after waiting for weeks for untimely responses and no answers to our questions. I told our club members to purchase their own since we couldn't get any response, and didn't feel safe sending them all of our transponders and/or 500$ overseas to someone that doesn't respond. I ordered two of them to start trying them on our system. It has been 19 days since payment, no transponders..

I hope their product gets here and works better than their Sales, PR, Delivery, and Customer Service..
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.01, 05:23 PM   #33
stuZ
mini-z muckraker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S View Post
Hi Stu, apologies I've not been back to the forum for a while.I'd guess it takes around a week to ship to the states from the UK.
There's no concrete USD$ price, but it's most times around $60US
for the shrink version...
Thanks terry, I should've posted a 'Never Mind'. I figured it out and got one.
It took 10 days to get here from across the pond which wasn't too bad.

The thing works killer!!!

It is very small (a bit taller than I had hoped, but still)
It fits under the canopy of my 2.4 Porsche body, barely, but darn good enough. It still gives a good signal sitting above the board and batteries.
The price is right and it works great. A great development for Mini-Z Racing.
stuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 05:49 PM   #34
Hood
Corvette Killer

They arrived

It took 21 days to recieve these from the UK. They look great, and easily change from number to number.. Will have to wait until the end of the month before we get to try them out in our Zs.. We will be running them this weekend in the AZ PanCar Shootout.

Hood
Old 2008.04.02, 07:12 PM   #35
Terry_S

Hood, I have to apologise about any delays with my replies and the time it took for you to receive your order. I have to admit your early enquiry came through at time when we had been caught out by the response all over for our new transponders. We don't have extra office backup right now, I do all the replies to emails and forums plus take all the phone calls etc, so any problems blame me.

I hope we have made up on the product itself now you've got something to try out. We don't like to have less than first class customer service and a product that works well at a reasonable price. We've been finding it hard to keep up with demand we're getting from rc racers all over the world, it's tough going but we'll do whatever it takes to improve!

Stu, sorry for the delay you had too getting caught in customs can add extra days to the delivery time but most times it seems to be a week or just over. We designed the PTX to be small, about half the footprint of an AMB PT is pretty small I'd say. The 'shrink' (shrinkwrap) version is smaller than the cased versions and for indoor use with mini/micro scale cars I'd have thought is what's needed? The cased versions are 100% dust, fuel and waterproof so are really best for outdoors use.

Thanks for your feedback Stu it's good to know what you think. We'll have to wait to hear how Hood gets on this weekend in the AZ PanCar Shootout..
Old 2008.04.03, 09:12 AM   #36
Hood
Corvette Killer

Terry may be a one man show..

I will vouch that every bit of communication came from Terry. I believe it is his signature on the shipping receipt.

The product looks good, but the delivery is going to hurt your business. I already spoke to another local hobbyshop that recently opened using AMB and looking for transponders to sell to their racers. They will not be purchasing any of these due to the slow responses..

It would be really nice to have a US distributor that could answer questions, help with the support of the product, and ship directly.. I looked on your webpage and you have a US supplier, but they don't list any of your products on their webpage?

I can't wait to start using them..

Hood
Old 2008.04.03, 01:35 PM   #37
Terry_S

I'm a one man contact person for MRT.. that's my problem

There's a few hobby shops and clubs that have stopped selling AMB transponders because of the high prices.. we don't have distributors or dealer prices for our transponder products to keep the prices as low as possible. It seems to be what people want, having a smaller and improved transponder with customising options if required is proving to be popular with racers which is great

The proof is in the product.. and the product is proving popular!

Please forward any enquiries to me at terry.stockham@team-mrt.com as I don't get to be on forums regular. Thanks Terry_S

Last edited by Terry_S; 2008.04.03 at 01:49 PM.
Old 2008.04.04, 01:30 AM   #38
stuZ
mini-z muckraker

...and with good reason!!

I can't say enough about how great they are.
I was giving out your website out at the track, everybody loved the thing.
I just thought I'd post some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1chassis w canopy n tsp2.JPG (223.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 2tsp thru window r.JPG (168.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 3tsp side view.JPG (193.6 KB, 47 views)
stuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.04, 09:26 AM   #39
Hood
Corvette Killer

Part of the Problem..

Terry,

This is a direct quote from your email to me on June 4th, "I'm sorry we don't have any details or prices available for deals just yet, I'll let you know when we have some info ready."

This is your comment yesterday, "We don't have distributors or dealer prices for our transponder products to keep the prices as low as possible."

It would be nice to give good info to Sales Leads, not something misleading that keeps them waiting and asking more and more questions waiting for the pricing info to come.. You still haven't responded back to my many emails asking about the bulk pricing that you referred to on RC Tech, and in my communications with you.. I guess you have decided to not offer these prices, but have ignored the Dealer and Club Sales Leads asking for large orders, not even informing them of your change in plans.

Mini-AZ our club has the current HFAY Club Championship, and the past two seasons Overall Champion. We are the only club to use AMB in HFAY and the only club in the US to run AMB at a PN Regional Qualifier. We would have been/and still will be, a great way to show off your product and get some feedback from a large group running regular events in cars that have voltage issues with the AMB PT Transponders, instead of encouraging that kind of involvment you put us on the back burner and never got back to us about our questions and concerns..

Hood

The product looks great, I guess I just didn't like waiting six months for nothing..
Old 2008.04.05, 04:01 AM   #40
Terry_S

Robin, I think when you first enquired we were in final product development before releasing new versions of the PTX (shrink version etc) and at the time we didn't have any details or prices available for deals. The deals are not dealer prices but quantity discount prices that anyone can take advantage of. The discount is 5% for ordering 10+ of one type of PTX, clubs like to have the discount when buying for their members.

As I said I take responsibility for replying to enquiries and I apologise to anyone who has enquired and not had a timely reply to their questions. Sometimes I can't answer questions immediately and occasionally I mess up and may miss one I should have replied to. We get lots of enquiries where I have to explain the 20 generic numbers, why we have them, what a custom number is, how the cloning procedure works etc. We also get lots of questions about the pricing, online ordering, custom built versions.. it's not as simple as it is with an AMB, you get one type with one number and that's all there is to know. Maybe we've got too many options trying to give people what they want?
Old 2008.04.06, 11:50 AM   #41
Hood
Corvette Killer

Worked great..

We used both transponders on Friday and Saturday Nights at the Arizona PanCar Shootout. Didn't miss a lap all night running 4 cell stock on either car.

I was also TQ and Winner with the Shrink PTX in my car.. The only thing I did was bring my reciever and drive the car. None of the equipment was mine, Team HyperDrive gave me a perfect car and Joe did all my pitwork. As I was busy, running the timing and scoring equipment for the event.

Same system we use for our Zs every month.. The low voltage issue in the Zs is bigger to overcome than the 1/10 scale..
Old 2008.06.12, 12:39 PM   #42
Tjay

I drove almost 2 hrs to get to Hobbytown in Petaluma, Ca to race with local folks. It was good experience for me. Different crowd and all. Everyone was friendly and such. I believe stuZ is from there. (that's what the team fast eddie crew said )

Anyhow, I was surprise when they told me that they use AMB transponder on their mini-z. It was pretty BIG transponder for such a lil car.

Last edited by Tjay; 2008.06.13 at 11:21 AM.
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.13, 11:10 AM   #43
ByronF1
ByronF1

What does this mean?

They look great, and easily change from number to number.
We have AMBrc and the transponders are personal with unique ID, do you mean change this number?
Old 2008.06.13, 12:10 PM   #44
Hood
Corvette Killer

These are great, they are half the size of the AMB PT. They have 21 numbers stored in them.. You can change your PT number to any of the 21 numbers at the push of a button.

They have solved our low voltage issues with the AMB system and our power hungry cars.

Delivery of the product still needs some work, as my last order still hasn't arrived after 6 weeks of waiting. None of my orders have gotten here in under 3 weeks. Just be prepared to wait for a while, it is worth it in the long run..
Old 2008.06.14, 01:55 AM   #45
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I've been running the shrink wrap version of the PTX for several races now. Fantastic! It fits neatly over the Nose Clip inside the body keeping the weight low and the signal at the front. On my F1 it fits easily into a notch I cut in the back of the motor pod (also keeping the 2g mounted low).

I've been meaning to post pictures. Busy. I'll get some posted soonish.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote