Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.09.30, 08:28 AM   #16
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Albert, I may do a double straight layout for the event. The one I have down now is pretty tight. The chicane at the end of the straight means you have to scrub a lot of the mod speed coming into it, and the other fast section ends up in the hairpin at the top of the first 'up' hill. I've gotten air there a couple of times when I let off too late :O I am going to use one of the different inclines, and have a little flat spot to slow down on before that hairpin, but this layout is just not mod friendly enough for an event with two mod classes Also, I want it to be fair for every one, so I won't put the event layout down until late that week.

Eric, the sweepers coming down the hill are awesome! It makes me want to make sure I have that on the event layout.
The little section coming down the hill on this layout was uber cool though!

I'm thinking to do something like this, but lead it onto a second level straight...something different from the other "second level straight" layouts we had in the past.

How about instead of you buying carpet, AND a couple of scalpels, you just get a Z or two and come race on the RCP? I know a store with a great staff who would love to hook you up with all the latest Z tuning technology We are gonna have buggy racing too, as soon as I get my hands on a couple of MiniZ lazers!

It'll take a lot of interest for me to invest in the 1/12th scale/X-Ray/Scalpel scene. Although the place is great for a nice competition sized Mini-Z track, I think it would be a tad small for anything bigger. It has already crossed my mind that I may need a piece of carpet for under the RCP track, and if that happens maybe, just maybe the space can do double duty

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.30, 10:51 AM   #17
kromie101

you know me,i always wanna go bigger. maybe we can do 1/10nitro. i showed myssie the pics and she couldn't believe how big it was,the store that is. i just need something to get that spark back in me.

time to go play in the dirt.

mike,i think robotronics makes them?

now with the shop at the mall i'm gonna go broke if the wife comes. isn't victoria secrets across the way? i need to get some new thongs for my self.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.30, 11:09 AM   #18
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Eric, If you drove an X-ray M-18 you would never again think about the pile of parts taht a scalpel becomes in a short afternoon.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.30, 03:13 PM   #19
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Here are a couple of videos, also from the club track. Ill get some footage of this one as soon as we have a race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XLFc6PvHTo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ynEB-VlLQ

I like the 3 level track in the first video. Wonder if you can do a 4 level and still see the top track and under the 2nd level on the bottom track. I guess it depends on the height of the drivers stand. Would love to set something up similar to this at an upcoming trade show. Great job!
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.30, 09:10 PM   #20
kromie101

man,watching those vids again makes me wanna wheel. who knows,i might get some z 's again. sense all our offroad stuff was stolen.

mike,i use to have 2 of the m-18. they r awesome. i use to race them probably about 7 years ago,they r fun. that was collins first car he raced. a proud time for me.
Old 2011.09.30, 09:46 PM   #21
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I have enough for a main. with parts to support them. When I got back n it was the first car I bought. As usual I went overboard. They are so neat though that I didn't have the heart to get rid of any of them. They have so much dust on them that when I tried to run one it looked Like Indiana Jones running from the Indians in Raider's of the lost ark.

With the size of that store and the amount of RCP that can be gathered it would be possible to host a world class X-Ray event.

All your gear stolen? That isn't likely happen with a Z crowd.

I'll have to forward you a goody or two to make you feel better.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.30, 10:51 PM   #22
bermbuster
GF Racing

I had M18s Scalpels Micro RS4s and even BRP cars.....
personally I think in a Mall you want to run what is main stream and hot....
while you can still get the m18 its not like it was 4 or 5 years ago....the platforms are way too old....
The only way it will work is if you have separate groups of racers....
mini z crowd and an 1/18th crowd otherwise you will be racing a losing battle for customers.

If you have enough room I would run the mini traxxas stuff....

Wait till you see the the mini z buggies....very well made but they arent cheap.

Hopefully your mall traffic spends money on kids..... (both young and old)
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.01, 10:57 PM   #23
geeunit1014
Reflex Driver at Large

You could do M18 in a 50x25 area no problem, any smaller and you get to know each others bumpers pretty well haha. But I would agree with berm that they arent mainstream anymore, a lot of the goodies we use for the M18 to make them right arent really available any more, if you have them its good, but not easy to find any more, id stick to the Z's (theyre more adjustable and easy to dial in anyway )

mleemor60- You can make the scalpel an awesome, dialed, solid car, once you change basically everything but the knuckles and diff

Hope I can make it out there sometime soon, the place looks awesome

Reflex/Team Associated/Reedy/LRP/Castle Creations/Psycho Cells/Exotek/5nines/EMU Racing
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.02, 08:25 AM   #24
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Im going to stick with only Zs for a while. They are readily available, well supported, and can be raced inside most houses or garages. They are also decently priced for christmas and birthday gifts, which it's a target audience in the mall.

I will be selling other micros that fit that criteria, but will focus on building one race scene at a time. Since I already have a following for miniz, it only makes since to push them first.

I'm going to take a look at spacing for a larger track, but honestly, I think I'm taking all the available space for the RCP track right now.

RCP - It would be hard to see a four tiered track. You can see with the three level one, the lowest level can only be tucked in one tile. Also, at that location we had lighting under the main straight, to brighten up the shadows under it. The lowest straight wasn't lit, and was very dark if you got back on that rear tile. What, three levels isn't extreme enough for you? I guess with a different height drivers stand (and maybe moving it away) a for level track could be done, but you'd definitely need lighting between the levels. The three level one is enough for me, and works modular, so I'm not locked in to always having the extra straight.

By the looks of popular demand it looks like I should do the double straight on my next event layout

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.10.02, 12:06 PM   #25
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

love the double strait idea (just saying) but ill race on any track see u on nov 4 and 5

albert
miamimcnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.03, 05:24 PM   #26
kromie101

might have to go old skool and get an mr 02. maybe just keep it simple.
Old 2011.10.03, 06:06 PM   #27
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

Thats what im getting to run the box stock class with. Lt has a couple for sell. Bes get one before there all gone:-)
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.03, 08:38 PM   #28
hrdrvr
MBMZR

The MR-02 should be really competitive in the stock class. I'm debating on going big and stable or small and light. If I go with the 03, Ill have the option to run a 90mm RM with a narrow front end The old 86mm cars were a blast to run, and Id love to be able to make one of them competitive! The one I really like runs on classic wheels, which would limit me to LM tires That may not be too bad though

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.10.04, 08:39 PM   #29
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Practically finished pits.

Lighting placed, bottom doors starting tomorrow.

Miniz race control station.

V2 dots installed.

Excuse the dust

I may make a change to the right side of the track...not layout, just adjusting elevations. Here is a shot though, showing the smoothness of the inclines on the left side.

Got the off-road completed today. Have no clue what happened to the pic I snapped with my phone. Will try and UL another one tomorrow.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.10.05, 07:41 AM   #30
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

looks great

when u get a chance can u give address of shop so i can find it with garmin

thanks albert
miamimcnutt is offline   Reply With Quote