Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.17, 06:31 PM   #61
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage
Here are some great pics of the new F-150.

CLICK HERE
I do like the BF Goodrich tires! Hope they will fit the OL.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.19, 04:31 PM   #62
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Send a message via AIM to Roketmini
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakmoose1234
Supposedly, these things turn better than a gen1 with tight turns. The only issues with these things are that they are heavy, and they are not out yet.............. DAMN!!!
They are out, but because of the high demand not many people have recieved them.
Old 2005.09.19, 04:43 PM   #63
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
RS sounds like they opened a can of worms with this one.
Old 2005.09.19, 09:41 PM   #64
Em&em
Element6968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roketmini
They are out, but because of the high demand not many people have recieved them.
technically no they are not out, RadioShack only put them on the D2U list for a few days, only a few people got them including myself,the F150 and 05 Mustang were only on the D2U list for ONE day,the Evo 8 and Firebird were on for about 4 days, they are coming out for good in "mid" october
I will post pics of mine if wanted
right now it has a blown Diff. tho
Old 2005.09.20, 05:38 PM   #65
Boss302
Mini-z Addict.

Send a message via AIM to Boss302 Send a message via MSN to Boss302
A stupid RS employie put them on RS-D2U by accident, it was no can of worms, again RS forgot its own plan, for it to be the #1 RC toy this Xmas.

New Release date is OFFICIAL OCT-20-05, confirmed by RS employies.

Xmods arent really a RC , just a marketing Campain thought up by Radioshed.

MA-010-Completely Stock.
Boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.20, 10:09 PM   #66
Em&em
Element6968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss302
A stupid RS employie put them on RS-D2U by accident, it was no can of worms, again RS forgot its own plan, for it to be the #1 RC toy this Xmas.

New Release date is OFFICIAL OCT-20-05, confirmed by RS employies.

Xmods arent really a RC , just a marketing Campain thought up by Radioshed.
people really need to bad mouthing xmods, just cuz kyosho has a little compititon you all get defencive, theres no need for "O MY CAR IS BETTER THAN YOURS!" its all in good fun people , are you all forgetting the point of a HOBBY!???!
F.U.N., from a person who has owned both a Mini Z MR02 and a Iwaver 04/02, the Evo will really give them a run for there money , believe it or not!

and NO I cant spell so dont yell at me
Old 2005.09.20, 10:24 PM   #67
TNB
Pet Human

I didn't "bad mouth" Xmods. As a matter of fact I purchased 2 new Xmods the other day and two new body kits. I also recently purchased an Iwaver Tank to go with my other 2 Iwavers. And quite frankly, I only asked you a very simple question prior to purchasing my latest toys and that was if you could use a standard AM transmitter with the new Xmod, yet I had to get the "NO" answer on another forum since you didn't answer the simple question. Thanks anyway.
Old 2005.09.21, 05:16 AM   #68
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
lighten up a bit.... it wasn't even that bad of a slant. i've read far worse on other forums. besides.... this is a mini-z forum. that doesn't mean i want to see trash talking but you will find far more z bashing on xmods forums than you will xmods bashing here.

besides, most complaints are related to it's quality rather than it being any competition. competition iw always welcome! look at the stuff coming out this winter.... new iwaver platform, xmods awd revisions, new awd kyosho! regardless of whom makes what though, if it turns out to be less quality than others within the same scale (not necessarily price range), expect to hear about it is all.

and yes, i own xmods too
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.21, 10:58 AM   #69
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Here's something I posted on RCuniverse regarding my opinions of what to expect with the new xmod...

Ok I'm going to post what's bound to be a controversial opinion- and it's not intended as a flame, so take it easy. First, let me say that my xmod experience is limited to owning 2 xmods (one stock, one hopped up including tight turns kit). I also own 7 mini Zs, an Iwaver 02, and have spent time around 1/18 buggy, 1/8 buggy, nitro truck and planes.

While the new xmod may fix a lot of basic problems with the old one, I don't think we're going to see a new class of car simply because RS's business plan has never been to produce hobby-class RC products. Now I don't claim to have the inside track on RS's intentions, but it's obvious when you consider RS's price point and target audience accross their entire RC line- these products are not in the same class (and aren't intended to be) as hobby-class RC. If they were then RS would at a minimum, include higher-grade, industry-compatible electronics in their products. (i.e. even mini z and iwaver will run on my Airtronics M11). There are a lot of people on this board who know much more then I do about the specifics of RC electronics, but this much is obvious: If you don't have good electronics, then you're not competing in the same class as RC products that do.

I'm not here to diss xmods- they play an important role in the general RC hobby... and they're a blast to upgrade and rip around with- but they are in their own class, and unless RS changes their business plan, then I don't expect anything different from the new xmods.

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.21, 03:58 PM   #70
Boss302
Mini-z Addict.

Send a message via AIM to Boss302 Send a message via MSN to Boss302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em&em
people really need to bad mouthing xmods, just cuz kyosho has a little compititon you all get defencive, theres no need for "O MY CAR IS BETTER THAN YOURS!" its all in good fun people , are you all forgetting the point of a HOBBY!???!
F.U.N., from a person who has owned both a Mini Z MR02 and a Iwaver 04/02, the Evo will really give them a run for there money , believe it or not!

and NO I cant spell so dont yell at me
That wasen't a "diss", I don't even have a Z ,just 2 Xmods!(Have ya read my sig? ). So I don't have the RIGHT to diss Xmods. Hell I haven't even touched anything by kyosho (Besides a Crushed MR-02) let alone driven.

My remark Is clearly a fact, Do you think radioshack put any thought into the XM gen 1?

MA-010-Completely Stock.
Boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.23, 04:55 PM   #71
Em&em
Element6968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss302
That wasen't a "diss", I don't even have a Z ,just 2 Xmods!(Have ya read my sig? ). So I don't have the RIGHT to diss Xmods. Hell I haven't even touched anything by kyosho (Besides a Crushed MR-02) let alone driven.

My remark Is clearly a fact, Do you think radioshack put any thought into the XM gen 1?
no way they didnt but i think they are really trying with the Evo, you will be surprised when the come out turst me...
Old 2005.09.23, 10:43 PM   #72
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

I think all the thought in a gen 1 Xmods, if anything was marketing and that is about it. They had the bells and whistles, like the adjustable battery boxes for weight ballance and the plug in light kits. Mostly surface stuff that looked good, but the basic design was a joke. Also they could have revised the suspension at any time, but never did.

This new one from the pictures I have seen look's more like it was designed as a real RC car, mostly looking at the suspension layout it makes way more sense to me. It also look's alot like an MR02 was used as a starting point for the design, looking at the batteries and motor placement.
Old 2005.09.24, 12:00 AM   #73
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZ
...looking at the batteries and motor placement.
I thought it was more like the F1.

A CF chassis kit looks like it might be more simple than the 1st gen. There will probably be more upgrade parts from the other companies too.

I wonder what the Mega-Prize will be for the X-Mod Championship in '06? Maybe another super-car. With a new chassis and a huge 1st place prize, the number of contestants for this event could easily get out of control. Maybe they'll even race on the traction side of the RCP this time.
Old 2005.09.29, 03:06 PM   #74
Random Insanity
Your G.F.'s best friend

Hmm, I wouldnt mind having one of those trucks as something cheaper than a OL... Skimming through the thread I never noticed if anyone said anything about a lift kit... Any links?

Yeah, im back!
Random Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.29, 11:40 PM   #75
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

There are a few threads over on Tiny RC in the Xmods section and one with some pictures. I have seen a lowering/lifting kit for the Evo Xmods, I think it is for the truck chassis. I am not sure how much a lower or lift it will give you.