Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.12.27, 10:38 PM   #31
hpgod

we ran up to 3 classes at one time. I race 3 classes if I travel sometimes. locally this last year we have only raced stock(pn/HFAY 70T) with AAA batteries and hard plastic bodies. suspension/drive train fetts are all open to tuning.

I run mild modified classes, stock and mod f1.
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.28, 08:22 PM   #32
hyper-me

so basically I have to have a stock 70t motor and I can do anything else I want to the car right ?
hyper-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.29, 06:24 PM   #33
hpgod

yes 70t motor and nomajor lightteningof the body. minor adjustemnts for fender/track rubbing, wheelbase adjustment are allowed.

For the big track events June/december I will run modified if you wouldlike also.
Old 2010.12.29, 06:37 PM   #34
hyper-me

according to my tracking number my car will be here friday but I still need to get a stock 70t motor before I can race. I hope I can be ready before the season starts
Old 2010.12.30, 06:50 AM   #35
hpgod

if you dont get a 70t,
I have spares I can loan out
Old 2011.01.03, 07:37 PM   #36
russp

Seems like the Mini-z community is dying not just here but everywhere? I have to admit my enthusiasm is largely gone for these. Very sorry about that Art. Planes have just taken over.

I sent email to Cliff at Atlanta Hobby the other day offering a possible trade of plane stuff for my track if he needs it. If not it's not hard to keep around for when I want to run as I still enjoy running a few times a year. I wish we could find enough interest for a truly big track event one day this year. I could easily procure our church gym for such an event.
russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.03, 07:55 PM   #37
hyper-me

stop !!!!! its not dying !
I just got my mini-z in the mail today and I also made a local friend who also loves mini-s and owns a few of them. we are planning on racing with you guys and also we would be interested in setting up a large race event regularly and the church room sounds great.
Old 2011.01.04, 12:21 PM   #38
hpgod

Russ I understand. I doing the rc cars since 1985 and racing since 1990. I know you am mr02 is on its last legs and your passion for the planes.
If you sell you stuff and ever want to come back you are welcome to drive my loaner cars. Thankyou for opening you house to hold races over the last 5years.

I enjoy rc cars and it is my hobby, My kids love them too and will start racing soon. They just called on the way home from preschool and said go home and play racecar! I enjoy the competition and will continue to hold the races.

We have some new racers (lurking) ready to start racing. Another called yesterday.
I know it is a non public location, but the price is free and I have more room for track(25x15trackroom) then we had when we did race in the hobby shop.
Practice is available most nights.

For those who plan on racing this year
Any preference on which Saterday this month to hold the first season 11 HFAY races Saterday the JAN 22 or 29.

The race 2 in Feb. will be either the 5th or 26th.

The track temp is low right now and I recommend reflex racing 2wd rear tires and pn8 fronts for the next couple months. Come march I will switch back to pn 15 fronts and freely switch rear tires from reflex,kyosho 20 rears/pn6s
Old 2011.01.04, 12:33 PM   #39
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Hey guys, if y'all put together a Saturday "event" I will do my best to be there. If it looks like it is going to have any sort of decent turn out, I could most likely sway some of my buddies to come down too

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.04, 01:54 PM   #40
hpgod

I have a fair amount of track, 5 ovals, 1 L and 1 wide turn kit. Not nearly as much and landon or the guys in NC. Mike and DADDY Rabbit have enough to build 1/10 scale tracks.

I would need to charge for ther event to cover some of the cost for additional transponders to handout. Right now I would like just to get some regular club racing goin again. Last season had many no shows on raceday and a few out of town visitors.

I have space for ~ 15 drivers and a HFAY BTE layout in my basement. My lap counter can run 5 cars on the track at a time.

Landon give me a heads up when you start planning your events for this year. I have lots of vacation time and the kids are begging to come back to mytle beach (hopefully this time with the trip to the ER for my wife). My wife makes her schedule up ~2 months a head of time
Old 2011.01.04, 02:11 PM   #41
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I don't know that I could bring a crew down for a 10-12 man event, but I would be game for it. It'll just be an excuse to come see some family

I think would only be fair if you did charge a small fee. I think any racer would understand

Ill try and get my dates up a couple of months in advance this year.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.04, 03:09 PM   #42
hpgod

My hat is off to you and your crew for pulling off the events you have the last couple years. I have enjoyed them. I know I could not do it as a one man crew.
Old 2011.01.04, 03:42 PM   #43
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

if an event is setup i would come down as well. im sure it would help your local racing to see a bigger event ran with new faces, its bound to get some locals pumped up again.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.06, 10:55 PM   #44
hyper-me

Can werun hfay on the 29th ?
Old 2011.01.08, 10:54 AM   #45
russp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgod View Post
Russ I understand. I doing the rc cars since 1985 and racing since 1990. I know you am mr02 is on its last legs and your passion for the planes.
If you sell you stuff and ever want to come back you are welcome to drive my loaner cars. Thankyou for opening you house to hold races over the last 5years.

I enjoy rc cars and it is my hobby, My kids love them too and will start racing soon. They just called on the way home from preschool and said go home and play racecar! I enjoy the competition and will continue to hold the races.

We have some new racers (lurking) ready to start racing. Another called yesterday.
I know it is a non public location, but the price is free and I have more room for track(25x15trackroom) then we had when we did race in the hobby shop.
Practice is available most nights.

For those who plan on racing this year
Any preference on which Saterday this month to hold the first season 11 HFAY races Saterday the JAN 22 or 29.

The race 2 in Feb. will be either the 5th or 26th.

The track temp is low right now and I recommend reflex racing 2wd rear tires and pn8 fronts for the next couple months. Come march I will switch back to pn 15 fronts and freely switch rear tires from reflex,kyosho 20 rears/pn6s
I'll still show up from time to time even if I do sell the track. I'm thinking about selling the F1 as we don't race those anyways but would keep the MR-02 cars. I'm guessing no-one will be willing to give me much for the track so it's worth keeping until it gets in the way (not likely as long as I live here).

What I really wish is that it was easy to convert a Mini-z to Specktrum as I occasionally come across killer deals on Specktrum land radios. I'd like my 1/10 truck we keep around to be 2.4 Ghz just since it's soo much nicer.
russp is offline   Reply With Quote