Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.03.12, 01:58 PM   #16
MTseo

Oh I have another request also. I really like the repeat race feature when race is selected because I don't have to go back and reset all of the times.
I think it would be nice to have a repeat on the practice races too. We like running the practices when it is only1 or 2 of us for the verbal lap times.
Old 2019.03.13, 01:36 AM   #17
BladeSling

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

I have made a nolt board specifically for the next level timing software like we have on the next level timing communities side. Feel free to vote and add items:

https://nlt-software.nolt.io/

I started it off with the things suggested on the forum, some of my ideas, and ideas emailed to me.
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.13, 08:03 AM   #18
briankstan

thanks for setting that up. I've voted for a few, and made a few comments.

Our Club Ran your software last race and it work perfectly, no missed laps and seemed really consistent. We'll be using it some more at our race tomorrow as well.

some of the comments were things that have already been brought up, and I look forward to the develpement of the program. Thanks for supporting the hobby with your programming skills.
Old 2019.03.13, 03:43 PM   #19
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSling View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

I have made a nolt board specifically for the next level timing software like we have on the next level timing communities side. Feel free to vote and add items:

https://nlt-software.nolt.io/

I started it off with the things suggested on the forum, some of my ideas, and ideas emailed to me.
Thanks for the continuous work on the software as it is the backbone the program stands on.

On nolt I noticed before, creation of a central HFAY info & registration page went to "in progress" mode however I don't see that item listed there any longer ...has that suggestion been already completed or was the idea scrapped?
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.14, 12:33 AM   #20
BladeSling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Thanks for the continuous work on the software as it is the backbone the program stands on.

On nolt I noticed before, creation of a central HFAY info & registration page went to "in progress" mode however I don't see that item listed there any longer ...has that suggestion been already completed or was the idea scrapped?

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I have two different pages, one for the racing software and one for the online community features. They may be merged one day but I think most people still use other software.

It was announced within a rambling post on the HFAY forum post. You must have just missed it. But I believe the work is done, here is the page: https://nextleveltiming.com/communit...e/racer-manual

Let me know your thoughts on it.

You can see the completed roadmap items for the community items here:
https://nextleveltiming.nolt.io/roadmap
Old 2019.03.14, 12:40 AM   #21
BladeSling

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
thanks for setting that up. I've voted for a few, and made a few comments.

Our Club Ran your software last race and it work perfectly, no missed laps and seemed really consistent. We'll be using it some more at our race tomorrow as well.

some of the comments were things that have already been brought up, and I look forward to the develpement of the program. Thanks for supporting the hobby with your programming skills.
I've been meaning to bother you to find out if you ended up using it and how it worked out. I'm super glad to hear that it worked well. That was a super fun week of programming for that decoder.

I know the application is still needs work but I feel like most small clubs/individuals have been fairly happy. I like getting the feedback in the group setting because it is showing me what the priorities really should be. I especially appreciate those like you who take the time to comment and share more of how you feel it ideally should work. I am not a "race director", I went in this wanting software that could help me get in the zone. For me I especially enjoy practice as the consistency steaks help me get in the zone.
Old 2019.03.14, 07:36 AM   #22
briankstan

Quote:
I've been meaning to bother you to find out if you ended up using it and how it worked out. I'm super glad to hear that it worked well. That was a super fun week of programming for that decoder.

I know the application is still needs work but I feel like most small clubs/individuals have been fairly happy. I like getting the feedback in the group setting because it is showing me what the priorities really should be. I especially appreciate those like you who take the time to comment and share more of how you feel it ideally should work. I am not a "race director", I went in this wanting software that could help me get in the zone. For me I especially enjoy practice as the consistency steaks help me get in the zone.
Honestly I didn't use the practice feature. I'll give it a try tonight. When I'm practicing I prefer the system to call out every lap time so I know what I'm hitting and how consistent I am running.

this helps especially when you are trying to mades changes and see how it affects the lap times. if you don't get a call out with the time you don't have the imediate feedback as to the results of your changes, faster or slower. I like the fast laps callouts and the individual best laps per racer during a race, kind of a personal "High 5"

Russ on the other hand would prefer the silence, as the callouts tent to push him harder and then he makes more mistakes.

this is why the option to turn them on and off work good.

During the race the timed anouncments as to laps per racer is nice, we have used it also as a guide to how our run is going. Knowing you have 85 laps with 2 minutes to go, can be just the push you need to push a little bit more to gain a lap or 2.
Old 2019.03.14, 11:00 AM   #23
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Honestly I didn't use the practice feature. I'll give it a try tonight. When I'm practicing I prefer the system to call out every lap time so I know what I'm hitting and how consistent I am running.

this helps especially when you are trying to mades changes and see how it affects the lap times. if you don't get a call out with the time you don't have the imediate feedback as to the results of your changes, faster or slower. I like the fast laps callouts and the individual best laps per racer during a race, kind of a personal "High 5"

Russ on the other hand would prefer the silence, as the callouts tent to push him harder and then he makes more mistakes.

During the race the timed anouncments as to laps per racer is nice, we have used it also as a guide to how our run is going. Knowing you have 85 laps with 2 minutes to go, can be just the push you need to push a little bit more to gain a lap or 2.
I don't know if I'm spilling beans here, but I heard talk of a future with personalized RDing to an individual's phone. Probably a distant future, pie in the sky thing, but that would be cool to have an earbud in one ear calling out just your lap times.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.14, 12:54 PM   #24
RussF
Salt Lake Mini-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
I don't know if I'm spilling beans here, but I heard talk of a future with personalized RDing to an individual's phone. Probably a distant future, pie in the sky thing, but that would be cool to have an earbud in one ear calling out just your lap times.
This forum needs a like button. I like this idea. Way cool idea!!
Old 2019.03.14, 01:15 PM   #25
RussF
Salt Lake Mini-Z

Quote:

Got that right! I dont like the constant jabbering of the computerized voice during a race, especially at the beginning. But during practice its ok. As Brian stated its nice to know what you are getting with changes you make to your line while practicing but too much during a race. Fast lap announcement is cool though.

Something a different software did that I liked was a small sound indicating if the lap was consistent, faster, or slower than the prior lap. I'm afraid it would get crazy though with short 3-6 second laps but might be cool on bigger tracks.
Old 2019.03.14, 02:07 PM   #26
mugler

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I have two different pages, one for the racing software and one for the online community features. They may be merged one day but I think most people still use other software.

It was announced within a rambling post on the HFAY forum post. You must have just missed it. But I believe the work is done, here is the page: https://nextleveltiming.com/communit...e/racer-manual

Let me know your thoughts on it.

You can see the completed roadmap items for the community items here:
https://nextleveltiming.nolt.io/roadmap
Yes I had missed both of those links, thank you for pointing them out ! I already shared the racer manual link on my FB page and would just suggest it would be a good next step towards HFAY promotion if everyone participating in HFAY would start sharing the link as they fit on social media. There's surprisingly very little HFAY exposure on social media.

Also I just made a new suggestion on nolt for a HFAY Logo for further promotion of the series.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.14, 02:16 PM   #27
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Yes I had missed both of those links, thank you for pointing them out ! I already shared the racer manual link on my FB page and would just suggest it would be a good next step towards HFAY promotion if everyone participating in HFAY would start sharing the link as they fit on social media. There's surprisingly very little HFAY exposure on social media.

Also I just made a new suggestion on nolt for a HFAY Logo for further promotion of the series.
yep, that is my failure.
Old 2019.03.14, 05:43 PM   #28
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
Something a different software did that I liked was a small sound indicating if the lap was consistent, faster, or slower than the prior lap. I'm afraid it would get crazy though with short 3-6 second laps but might be cool on bigger tracks.
Next Level does this in practice mode. There's a tone that signals a "starting point", and then there's a tone for a lap that falls within the (user-settable, default is 10% for faster and slower) range for consistent lap. Then, after the 5th consecutive lap, it calls out "5 consecutive laps, 6 consecutive laps, etc." If you fall off, it starts over. I got it into the teens once. The only thing it doesn't do is tell you if it was faster or slower. Once you hit that 5th lap and it calls it out every lap, it's like Tetris when things start speeding up.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.12, 02:45 AM   #29
BladeSling

As for the phone app- yes I want to build it. Yes I want it to announce your times into your ear especially during practice/race when there are 8 people racing and you can't really hear what is going on. Also since directors can neglect the back markers or just don't mention those stats you care about.

My strategy to get to the phone app is a bit further away at the moment. Trying to get the communities more self sufficient. Then integration of the desktop app and the community features.

Full disclosure, that particular feature will probably be part of a racer feature subscription package. The subscription package is going to include a features I hope people are willing to spend a couple bucks a month on. I'm looking at around $24/year. $2/mo basically but it would be more of a pain to do $2 monthly. This will help keep things going.

While I keep things running relatively cheap some things like equipment, design, and hosting cost me a couple grand a year. I'm not dying over this money as they are expected operating costs. But the plan is to continue working towards getting to the racer subscription features by working on the ones communities need to run their races. I would only need like a 100 paying racers to pay operating costs.

More features will be added to the software for free though. The software was built to remove frustrations of getting races going and I know it has some gaps. For example race formats and automatic race director announcements are totally on top of my todo once I shift my attention to the desktop application again.Those just make sense and fit my audience.

I'm more willing to talk about some of the future features in private because I can't guarantee anything and hate people feeling like I made promises.
Old 2019.06.15, 07:54 PM   #30
BladeSling

Updated website

- Championship Page: Changing the verbiage races to rounds
- Championship Page: Added round details
- Race Page: Added race details
- Race Page: Fixed races not displaying for users not logged on
- Database clean up for tracks, races, race participants, and race formats