Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.02.13, 08:27 PM   #16
kromie101

gonna have my A game face on tomorrow.ya watever. it's gonna be some close racing.cya
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.13, 08:28 PM   #17
kromie101

i'll bring the mod motor. just in case.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.16, 04:13 PM   #18
hrdrvr
MBMZR

That was a great race day this saturday! Unfortunately, there were some malfunctions with the CPU and we had to run the mains manually. This means the files werent available in the regular format and Ed didnt get them. I neglected to grab the sheets, and 843 isnt open on mondays Ill stop by there tommorrow and get everything posted up. I will say, I went through my master score sheet, and there has been an error in Kevins score. He has actually scored one more point than has been posted. In race two, he was originally scored with 11 points (same as Chris), but by the results, he should have been scored 12. Things will all be cleared up when I get the sheets tommorrow and post everything.

Hopefully, the videos will pop up in the next day or so!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 01:08 PM   #19
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Race 4 recap, season standings

Race 4 Run-down:
This was another great race weekend! Eric brought the Hanna boys out to run the sportsman class and mix things up a bit Collin was smooth all day, ended up TQ, and cruised to the win in the A-main. He ended up almost two laps ahead of second place Matthew, who got tied up early. Matthew ran a consistant, fast race to get back up to second after his mishaps. Woodie came through with a great qualifying run to get into the A-main. He then put down a career race and pulled off a third place finish. He had a couple of bad laps, but for the most part he fought Matthew for the second position the whole race, holding it for quite a few laps. Chad followed Woodie in fourth place. He didnt have as clean of a race as he was looking for. It seemed the new body threw him off kilter a bit and he spent a better part of the day chasing handling. Kevin rounded out the top 5 with a solid run. Despite having an off-oace lap towards the end, he managed to sneak by Tannie and take over the 5th spot right at the end. It was worth a point in the standings, so its a big move. Both of those racers are in close battles in the LMPS, so that position was important to both of them. Tannie finished the race only 3 seconds behind Kevin in the final A-main spot.

Griffin was the only racer there at the end that didnt get to run in the A. He had good runs in qualifying (pole for the B ), but couldnt get it together in the B-main. Kevin and Tannie stole the bump-up spots from him. Stan left early and didnt get to run the main, but since he qualifed for the B, he grabs the last 11 points to be handed out for the day.

The Pro class was just as exciting. We had a visitor Matt (VAzRACER) from VA, who put down a win in LM class last time he visited. Also, Eric (kromie101) was out to run for the day, and hes been known to put down wins as well! It was a very tough day qualifying, and Matt ended up starting in the B-main with KB (one of the season leaders and usual front runners), Ed (the overall points leader) and Monty, so you know the competition was tough! KB ended up winning the B, with Matt in second, so they got to bump up. Ed followed closely, and ended up finishing just 8 seconds out of 2nd, with Monty right behind (2.6 seconds) in fourth.

Matt started out 6th on the grid, with KB in 5th. Both of those guys were coming off of the intense B-main race, and both of them were focused and determined to get to the front. bobby was on pole and had been running about half secind faster laps than any one else all day. I knew if he cleaned it u pa little and stayed out of trouble we were all in trouble! I wanted to stay close but bobbled and gave a position to Eric, Bobby built a lead from us in the early parts of the lap then parked it and had to let the field pass. He and Matt were in the back of the pack, but oth of them had fast cars. They pushed KB to the front while moving through the traffic themselves. Bobby and Matt had the fastest cars by far, but my consistancy and clean air gave me the advantage I needed to stay out front (after Eric parked it and let my by on lap 2). It was obvious at about 4 minutes in I wasnt going to cruise to the lead, KB was steadily gaining on me, and I could hear Matt and Bobby constantly trading fast laps. As I was coming around to lap Eric and Shane I made a few small mistakes running off-line, then finally I planted it in the wall. I didnt loose my spot, but KB was then only a turn away from me. I could feel the pressure building on me, and could see the deperation in his driving with Bobby triling him and applying pressure. I was driving as fast and as clean as I could, but he was driving tighter and faster than I was. He was staeadily gaining and I was getting nervous. I was still onyly a few tiles ahead of him when I planted it in the wall coming into the chicane. Luckily as I glanced back, I saw him on the wall too. We pulled off together with Bobby and Matt now right behind us. Bobby really wanted to make a move, and was coming fast. I didnt see what happend but a few moments later he was gone, and Matt was right on KBs bumper. With them racing I gained a little space and tried to calm myself. After Matt got by KB he drive right up behind me like I wasnt even hitting the throttle. I held him off the best I could, and luckily he made a mistake trying to overtake me. It was a small mistake and few turns later he was right back on me. I knew there wasnt much time left, and I was defending as hard as I could. For the last part of the last lap, Matt was right on my bumper, trying to get inside on every turn. I held him off nervous there was going to be another lap. Luckily, I heard the announcer call "done" for a ocuple of people, and I knew, I only had to hold him for another ocuple of turns. In hte last series of hairpins I tried to stay as tight as I could to keep him behind me. Me made a nice inside out move on me, and had the position to overtake me on the inside of the final turn! I kept it as tight as I could, and luckily Matt glanced off of the inside apex. UIt wasnt enough to spin him, but it slowed him just enough not to be able to get by! I took the win by .655 seconds! KB took third less than 3secinds ahead of Bobby, and Shane followed him less than 2 seconds ahead of Eric!

It was a great day and has made for some interesting standings! Things are heated up, and we are now half way through the season points series! Keep an eye on those top three spots for each group. Those are the paying positions!

Here are the standings in spreadsheet form:

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2009.02.17 at 01:11 PM.
Old 2009.02.18, 10:25 AM   #20
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
Landon

Good report. (you like me need spell check)
The close racing is lot's of fun, this has turned into a great series for both groups!
Mat glad you got to come down and race look forward to seeing ya at the Beach again soon!!
Tannie
Old 2009.02.18, 10:54 PM   #21
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I dont have time to write a report, but man, what a night of racing!!

Here are the resuts the best I can get them for now. I dont have time to print and scan in everything.

Here are the standings, just copy and pasted from the spreadsheet.

Pro Class Standings, total points:

Ed 79
Bobby 77
Landon 75
Shane 74
KB 72
Monty 36
Eric 29
Matt W. 18

Pro Class Standings, wtih Drops:

Landon 60
KB 56
Ed 52
Bobby 49
Shane 47
Monty 36
Eric 29
Matt W. 18

Sportsman Class Standings, total points:

Tannie 85
Chad 81
Woodie 76
Kevin 69
Andy 58
Matthew 33
Steven 29
Stan 26
Collin 20
Windell 13
Griffin 12
Chris 11

Sportsman Class Standings, points with drops

Andy 58
Tannie 56
Chad 52
Woodie 49
Kevin 43
Matthew 33
Steven 29
Stan 26
Collin 20
Windell 13
Griffin 12
Chris 11

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.02.19, 11:08 AM   #22
Ed Roberts

Results from Round 5 of the February 2009 LeMans Point Series.

LeMans Mains 2-18-09.pdf
Old 2009.02.20, 10:04 AM   #23
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Thanks for posting the results Ed! Ill get the videos and the full spreadsheet posted up on monday. If you grab the ones from saturday, and get them up, Ill add them in.

Did any one post last weekends videos up to youtube?

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.02.21, 06:02 PM   #24
Ed Roberts

Results from Round 6 (2-21-09) of the February 2009 LeMans Point Series.

LeMans Mains 2-21-09.pdf

Some great racing today.

Landon will have the point standings up Monday.

Thanks everyone,

Last edited by Ed Roberts; 2009.02.21 at 06:07 PM.
Ed Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.23, 08:42 AM   #25
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
It is monday Landon!!!!
Old 2009.02.23, 10:01 PM   #26
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

you know your in the lead 2ez. quit rubbing it in.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.24, 07:42 AM   #27
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Haha! WECLOME TO MZR Chad!!

You are right, Tannie is in first, and Woodie has moved into second with his first win of his short career!!! Youve got your work cut out for you over the last two races of the series!!

I slacked last night nd didnt get the spreadsheets scanned in. Ill get them up today I promise. In the mean time Ill get the official standings pasted in, so those are available atleast.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.02.24, 02:10 PM   #28
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Looking forward to tommorrow guys!! Here is the layout for tommorrow and the current standings!

The track (sorry about the crappy celll phone pics)

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.02.25, 11:24 AM   #29
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

man thats going to be a turn marshal nightmare. but it does look good. is your dad back in town?
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.25, 12:34 PM   #30
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Good thing weve got our sticks, lol.

My dad is back, and ready to race!

LET's Go Racing!