Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.12.03, 01:29 PM   #31
Tim Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz
rlc77,

looks good, i have one of the old nsx bodies as well. did you do anything to the body mounts to get it to sit lower in the rear? mine seems to sit higher on the chassis (on mr01 & mr02 chassis though).
to get that NSX body to work you would have to do some mods to the body, and the chassis.
Old 2005.12.03, 01:38 PM   #32
rlc77
Hippygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
to get that NSX body to work you would have to do some mods to the body, and the chassis.
Actually I just put it on. I am using the widest offset wheels, that came with the chassis kit, but otherwise, I did nothing. Edit:......Oh wait. I was using this body on an MR-02 and I did Dremel the front wheel openings to accommodate the wider offset. So I guess I did do some body modding, but the chassis is factory.

Last edited by rlc77; 2005.12.03 at 02:01 PM.
rlc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 02:11 PM   #33
rlc77
Hippygeek

Chassis Pic

Here is the bottom view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bottom.jpg (63.5 KB, 524 views)
Old 2005.12.03, 02:52 PM   #34
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ

My new addition with my oldest body in the back on an ASC case. It's nothing fancy or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
This looks too much like the Japan Video to me.
It is kinda sorta, but not exactly. What caught me was the Caprice following it blured out in the background. It's more like the outlaw drifter on the run, from the way it looks to me. Maybe it was the kid from Cali with the Corrola made up to look like the famous Fujiwara Tofu car?

Last edited by HammerZ; 2005.12.03 at 03:18 PM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 03:12 PM   #35
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious

Scuffs still come clean with a mr. clean pad
Sigh I can see it now, kyosho buying the mr clean pads and stamping the mini-z logo on them and selling them as a cleaning kit

Edit: Eh, now that im looking at both images next to each other... David? Did I like rub some of the black paint off the front bumper area?! or is that debris that stuck to it at last second?!

Last edited by Draconious; 2005.12.03 at 03:17 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 04:40 PM   #36
kaz
Swedish wacko guy

i bought some options today, here's my drift setup:

Front:
3.5* camber
Medium springs
1.5mm lowering
3.000wt grease in diff
Drift Tyre 8.5mm

Back:
0* camber
Hard springs
1mm lowering
15.000wt grease in diff
Drift Tyre 8.5mm

and i tried to fit the 350Z to, worked like a charm!

kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 05:29 PM   #37
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Had a little time at least mount the proper offset wheels so I could see how the Ferrari 360 body is going to fit.
Here are a few of pics. The first two are of the chassis and the last two are with the body mounted.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...o=2827&cat=500
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...o=2828&cat=500
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...o=2829&cat=500
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...o=2830&cat=500
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 05:43 PM   #38
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
That Endless Z fits awesome. Much tweaking to get it to fit that nice?
You must have a LHS to be able to buy hop ups on the fly like that... so envious... my LHS is over 9 hours highway driving away, and they don't carry Mini-Zs!!!
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 06:31 PM   #39
kaz
Swedish wacko guy

My LHS is a 10min walk away and it's even specialized on Mini-Z - i guess im a lucky man
They've got 2 tracks and a shop there, they even have a portable track for different motorshows they attend. check out theyre website at www.cargel.se - click on "Bilder & Film" and "Mer om Cargel"

Regarding the 350Z, I lowered the front body mount by using an old MR01 cf h-bar that i have dremeled down to fit in between the chassis and the body mount. It lowers the front of the body some. But the back still sits a little high, i will move the rear body mounts on the body higher up to lower the body later.

oh and i use 3.5mm offset wheels in the back and 2.5mm in the front, both 8.5mm wide.
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.03, 06:44 PM   #40
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

I know the white unpainted 350Z bodies set high in the back. I am not sure about the ASC bodies if it is the same way. I did have to move the side mounts up for it to set level with the chassis line, on the MR02 chassis.
Old 2005.12.04, 12:07 AM   #41
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
of the 3 awd cars that ran on my track tonight, 2 had the body sit high in the front and low in the back
here, you can easily see the difference in how the same body sits on an awd and mr-02 (back).

here is mine

here is eddie's

kenotap's was a beater red r34 for the night
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.04, 04:19 AM   #42
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

My old Skyline body the first thing I did was cut off that lower lip for clearance for the MR01, With this AWD the front lip has way more clearance to the ground. The readyset has the lowering rings for the knuckles.I noticed on mine the rear knuckles have a bit more travel than the front built in. So if you get a spare knuckle set and use the rear ones up front with the spacers to bring it down. Shimming the front mount can work, only if you have the underbody clearance. With the AWD that can be an issue.
Old 2005.12.04, 08:02 AM   #43
techno
Hopeless Z addict

Here’s a few of mine I need to go to photography school
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/Techno/awd1
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/Techno/awd2
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/Techno/awd3
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/Techno/awd44
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/Techno/awd5
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/Techno/awd6

Last edited by techno; 2005.12.04 at 08:08 AM.
techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.04, 08:45 AM   #44
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz
My LHS is a 10min walk away and it's even specialized on Mini-Z - i guess im a lucky man
They've got 2 tracks and a shop there, they even have a portable track for different motorshows they attend. check out theyre website at www.cargel.se - click on "Bilder & Film" and "Mer om Cargel"

Regarding the 350Z, I lowered the front body mount by using an old MR01 cf h-bar that i have dremeled down to fit in between the chassis and the body mount. It lowers the front of the body some. But the back still sits a little high, i will move the rear body mounts on the body higher up to lower the body later.

oh and i use 3.5mm offset wheels in the back and 2.5mm in the front, both 8.5mm wide.

Wow, that shop is 10 minutes away! I wouldn't have a spare cent left if I lived that close to something so amazing... those two tracks are absolutely stunning... I wish that I could build something like that, but I don't know if I would be crafty enough to do it without some kind of tutorial.

Arch, really like the FD you ran, can't believe you ran an Initial D body on a race night... hope it didn't get destroyed. Hope to hear more on your impressions. This front clearance issue is starting to make me wonder... are we going to have to wait for bodies to be released especially for the MA-010 just so we can have a nice looking chassis?
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.04, 10:25 AM   #45
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
of the 3 awd cars that ran on my track tonight, 2 had the body sit high in the front and low in the back
I had to slightly trim and sand the mounting brackets on the Modena before it would fit somewhat properly. It seems to be a bit high in the rear and just about right in the front. Here's a pic of the chassis w/ the body mounted in profile.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...php?photo=2873

Hopefully, I'll get some track time today to test it out.

Last edited by Hammer; 2005.12.04 at 10:28 AM.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote