Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.07, 06:55 AM   #1
babstar
Babstar

Converting front track of 015 to 02

Hi guys,

I was wondering what parts are needed from PN to convert the front track of a 015 to 02. I found this and that shoudl do the trick:

Conversionkit

but is it compatible with this:

PN Stablizerset

I would like to use stablizers on my 015 aswell.

Anybody gone this route befor?

Thx.
▪ MR03 TRP Renault Megane Stock
▪ MR-015 Group A Skyline
▪ Dnano Porsche GT
babstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.07, 08:37 AM   #2
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by babstar View Post
Hi guys,

I was wondering what parts are needed from PN to convert the front track of a 015 to 02. I found this and that shoudl do the trick:

Conversionkit

but is it compatible with this:

PN Stablizerset

I would like to use stablizers on my 015 aswell.

Anybody gone this route befor?

Thx.
That tower bar from PN is for the MR02 not the MR015. Basically if you want to run narrow MR015 bodies on the MR02, you need to use this conversion bar. This bar will not work for the MR015 chassis because the mounting holes will not fit. I have two sets of those tower bars mounted on two of my 90mm MR02's.

You may want to go with the EMU tower bar. EMU's tower bar is made for the MR015 and it give you the same front end width has the MR02.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.07, 08:54 AM   #3
babstar
Babstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
That tower bar from PN is for the MR02 not the MR015. Basically if you want to run narrow MR015 bodies on the MR02, you need to use this conversion bar. This bar will not work for the MR015 chassis because the mounting holes will not fit. I have two sets of those tower bars mounted on two of my 90mm MR02's.

You may want to go with the EMU tower bar. EMU's tower bar is made for the MR015 and it give you the same front end width has the MR02.
Great advice thank you very much. almost bought it for nothing! Don't know that brand EMU, will go look for it.

Is there a 015-specific stablizer set on the market? or can one use the 02 type?
▪ MR-015 Group A Skyline
▪ Dnano Porsche GT
Old 2010.01.07, 10:32 AM   #4
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

EMU is a member here at the site and his tower set is available here at tinyrc (almost positive).

When EMU first came out with his tower design I was one of the first members to purchase it and I'm happy to report that with his creation, proper setup and a nice low slung body i get no traction roll any more and close to comparible lap times to my similarly powered MR02's.

It really is a tremendous product.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.07, 10:41 AM   #5
babstar
Babstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
EMU is a member here at the site and his tower set is available here at tinyrc (almost positive).

When EMU first came out with his tower design I was one of the first members to purchase it and I'm happy to report that with his creation, proper setup and a nice low slung body i get no traction roll any more and close to comparible lap times to my similarly powered MR02's.

It really is a tremendous product.
Great tip! looks and sound excellent. Thanx again for the help. Looks like I might even be able to fit a stablizer bar on it if needed.
▪ MR-015 Group A Skyline
▪ Dnano Porsche GT
Old 2010.01.07, 10:55 AM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Babstar,

You can find the product available in the shop here or at Reflex Racing. You only need an MR02 tie rod to complete the build.

Here is the original MR015 tower thread... http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31792

The front end geometry becomes identical to the PN .5d caster MR02 front end. You may use existing stabilizer/roll bar available for the MR02.

Hope this helps,
Tot ziens
Old 2010.01.07, 01:51 PM   #7
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
If you want to run a MR015 at the MR02 width, the EMU setup is the way to go!!!

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.07, 01:57 PM   #8
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

yup... i have 4 of them.... great rotation...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.07, 04:23 PM   #9
babstar
Babstar

Good stuff guys, thx. I will be ordering one soon
▪ MR-015 Group A Skyline
▪ Dnano Porsche GT
Old 2014.08.19, 04:47 AM   #10
herman

just wondering.... is there a mr015 specific aluminum tower bar? just in case you want to go back to mr015 track width? if there is, i'm hoping somebody can point out where i can get one, or if somebody is selling a set, please let me know...

many thanks
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.19, 10:20 AM   #11
EMU
EMUracing

It isnt very cost effective because you would have to purchase two parts... but it can be done. Unfortunately, with a discontinued chassis, parts are hard to come by now...

JPL upper tower for MR015, and the PN MR02 to MR015 conversion for the lower tower bar.You may be able to come accross one of those more easily. The shop here has both.

JPL: http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=373&page=1

PN MR015 width towers for MR02: just search for: "Mini-Z MR-02 Alloy Front Tower Bar/MR-015 Conversion Set" for all color variations.

Hope this helps :-)

Last edited by EMU; 2014.08.20 at 09:25 AM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.20, 01:12 AM   #12
herman

emu - thank you very much... this is the answer i was looking for

i've also seen some other upper bars being made... like tagu (lol remember them?) but i was scratching my head because they only made the top / upper bar and no lower bar...

i believe i've got a pn mr02 --> mr015 conversion somewhere... i didn't realize that the holes to secure the mr02 & mr015 lower bars were in the same location for both chassis... so i guess i can use the lower bar on the mr015 chassis

it's just that the mr02 chassis is wider than the mr015 - thus the holes to secure the mr02 upper tower bars (regular mr02 bars and mr02 - mr015 conversion) and mr015 bars (emu mr015-mr02 conversion) are different...

incidentally i've got a mr015 with an emu mr015 - mr02 tower bar conversion (great, great product by the way)... and i was wondering if i could convert it back to the original mr015 track width setting...

it is kinda sad... discontinued mr015 and therefore parts are getting harder to find

thanks again for the reply, very much appreciated... on a side note... you still into mini-z? what's keeping you busy these days?
Old 2014.08.20, 09:23 AM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

I try to get to the track to race when my work schedule permits... But Friday races, and transportation difficulties make it very difficult. I try to stay current on the Mini-Z scene, but if I stay too involved, I will find myself buying much more than what I need... and money is more difficult to come by these days.

I race on Xbox (Forza 5) to satisfy my racing addiction, but its not the same, and doesn't quite fulfill me. There is something about racing cars that actually have a physical setup that you cannot get with making adjustments with a computer/console that has virtual physics.

MR02 lower tower mounting position is identical to the MR015. The upper tower mounting holes are 1.5mm inset (3mm less combined) than the MR02, which is basically all that I had to change on the tower bars that I made. I still have at least 100 of them in a bag, poor timing on my part :sigh: Before I made them, I wanted to be sure that parts existed to convert back to MR015 width... which is why I knew the solution quickly.

You should also be able to use the Atomic MR02 to MR015 lower tower if that is easier to find.

Last edited by EMU; 2014.08.20 at 09:27 AM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.20, 08:13 PM   #14
herman

thanks emu for sharing... i checked the link to the shop and emailed them if i could order some... got a reply that they are out of stock in spite of the online store saying that they are available... sure hope i can find one somewhere... many thanks again... and more power to you
Old 2014.08.20, 08:31 PM   #15
EMU
EMUracing

I will check my stock, and see if i have any... i may have given it away with my last 015