Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.09.13, 09:51 AM   #16
Faded92mx5

Thank you for all your help, Pedro.

Saturday was fun, despite the small number of drivers. I think we sold five Losi's on Saturday... I've started promoting Losi racing as every Saturday at noon as well. With all the cars we've sold and as hot as the interest is now, it just makes sense to try and run them asap. If we get the interest, great. If not, oh well.

So, back to Mini-Z: Mike M's Core system seems to work great, with the tags mounted inside the car - but you have to make sure they're pretty much flat. If you mount them too far back, they tend to want to take the shape of the windows/roof and deform just enough to cause timing issues. We've found that if you tape them in the hood as far forward as possible, there is no issue. I have Mike's tags available to loan out for races, but we have placed another order with Mouser and should have our own before the next event on 9/21. Hope to see everyone then!
Faded92mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.13, 10:02 AM   #17
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I also think you should promote the Losi class, great to hear you will be racing them every Sat. I hope to make it every Sat.

Looking forward to the Z race Tues the 21st. Will you be racing the Losi class then as well? Hope we can get a few more HS Z racers out that night.
Old 2010.09.13, 02:29 PM   #18
Faded92mx5

Absolutely. We'll run them on the same days as Mini-Z for sure. I'm hoping the Losi acts as a gateway into Mini-Z for the guys who have a hard time envisioning/justifying the cost.
Old 2010.09.19, 11:13 AM   #19
Faded92mx5

We ran the 1/24 Losi trucks yesterday on the CORE timing system without a hitch. We've also gotten in our most recent order for large tags from Mouser Electronics, so we can sell tags that actually work. If you want a tag to keep in your tool box, with your name programmed on it (which you can also use for practice any other night of the week) its just $1.99. These will mount inside the body, not on the bottom of the chassis.

Hope to see everyone Tuesday!
Old 2010.09.19, 12:17 PM   #20
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Timing system worked great and the SCTs and rally cars were fun to race. Mark, I owe you guys $1.99 cause the tag is still taped in my truck!
Hope some of the 20+ people who have bought trucks so far from this HT can come out to race off road this Tuesday or some weekend, Saturdays starting at 12pm. Bashing in the backyard or running a couple of cars with friends can be fun but nothing beats 6-7 cars on a track with a timing system: going as fast as you can and trying to stay clean, passing and racing side by side, the thrill of competition!

Come join the fun, racing is $5, kids 16 and under are free!

We hope to get the same level of competiton going with the MiniZs at this track as we have at High Speed in nearby Landis. Anyone wanting to get involved in fun, affordable on road racing come check out the racing this Tuesday.
Old 2010.09.19, 02:59 PM   #21
nitrojunkie

We plan on being there Tuesday.
nitrojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.20, 10:38 AM   #22
Faded92mx5

Don't worry about the tag, Pedro. We're offering them free with the purchase of a race-able vehicle. So, you would have gotten one if we had them in stock when you bought yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojunkie View Post
We plan on being there Tuesday.
Good news, E!
Old 2010.09.20, 10:48 AM   #23
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Bonus! See you tomorrow. Hope to see 20+ Losis and a few Zs tomorrow!
Old 2010.09.21, 06:23 AM   #24
rla4runner

Sorry for the absence. But I have been keeping tabs, great news about the tags. I will be there tonight for some much needed track time.
rla4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.21, 11:02 AM   #25
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Great news Lee! Look forward to racing tonight at the HT! We should have a reliable timing system and a few Z's. Hope we get a few Losi Rallys and SCTs too!
Old 2010.09.21, 08:35 PM   #26
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

We just had a test night and the Core system worked flawlessly. The new tags picked up every lap. Look forward to getting together for some racing now. Remember, Losi SCT and Rally racing this Saturday at 12:PM!
Old 2010.09.22, 10:52 AM   #27
Faded92mx5

Sorry I wasn't there, for those who showed up. I don't have a good excuse, just plain forgot! I had planned to come in around 6pm, and it never crossed my mind until I was laying in bed last night. Hope everyone who showed had a good time, and we'll see you at the next one.
Old 2010.09.22, 11:40 AM   #28
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

It was just Mike, Lee and myself. We ran quite a few practice laps with the new tags and it worked great. Brent talked to Mike about HT keeping the Core.

Hope you get a few racers on Saturday, I can't make it this time. What is the Z schedule for October?