Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.08.19, 01:21 PM   #46
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
Or if you where helping run the time at lets say the Mini-Diablo.

Jay
lol

If you guys need me to bring the CPU and run it, thne youll need to schedule around my calendar, which I dont think you would like, lol. I will offer my hand at anything I can help out with on race day, but I dont want to be responsible for anything major, especially since IDK if I can even come yet or not (pending your date).

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.19, 02:12 PM   #47
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Just Kidding

Thanks for the offer or counter offer should I say. I thought you would apprieciate the humor, lol. I think we have our lap counter situation pretty well sorted, I think. Oh well go to get back to work. Later.

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.19, 09:37 PM   #48
pick
Village Idiot

Possible Mini-Diablo Date!!

I know we've been tossing around a few dates, but we need to make a decision . Jim and Vicki seem to like Saturday 09/26. This works with my schedule, but I'd like to make sure it works for as many people as possible . That way we'll have a big turnout . The tentative plan is setup on Friday 09/25 with test and tune afterwards, more test and tune on Saturday morning 09/26, and start racing at 10am. Everyone seemed to be in favor of a one day event, so not to put too much strain on everyone's family/work calendar . So, everyone check their calendar and see if this works. This goes for the Myrtle Beach crew too ! We can easily change to another date if needed, but this date seems to work for everyone I've talked to so far . I won't be racing tomorrow, but I'll come by to get the results and see what the non internet users think also .

James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 08:16 AM   #49
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

9/26

9/26 works for me, I think. sounds good though.

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 10:32 AM   #50
Daddy Rabbit

The 26th works for me.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 11:07 AM   #51
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i can make this work for me as well
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 11:29 AM   #52
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

The 26th should work for me as well. I may have a football game to attend on Friday evening as Zak is in the band but we should both be there Sat.

Were the updated rules in post #30 agreeable to everyone? I suppose we will have to settle on classes for the event. It was mentioned that we should limit to three to stay on schedule. Leave out F1, just give Rodney the trophy! JK, just someone step on his car... either that or he should drive using the Happy Hands technique.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 12:04 PM   #53
pick
Village Idiot

Sounding Good!!

Rodney and Wade also said the 26th would work for them . Haven't talked to Mike or Marwan yet, but hopefully we'll hear from them soon. Landon, surely you can hitch a ride with the Rabbit .

I think the rules are fine Pedro. As for classes, whatever the masses want . Stock (GT), Lemans, and F1 would be great........but I'm not sure what everyone else wants . I think some of the guys in MB primarily run pan bodies, so we need to figure out a way to work them into the mix. Maybe the Pan Stock 70t could run in the 70t Lemans class ? It wouldn't look as cool as all Lemans bodies, but it would give them an option.

As for Rodney's F1, I'll build a sacrificial lamb car to wreck him with everytime he attempts to pass . Sooner or later it's gotta break .

James
Old 2009.08.20, 01:31 PM   #54
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

stock gt, lm, and f1 works for me. personally i bored with pan right now. now what about an awd class?

Last edited by chad508; 2009.08.20 at 01:37 PM.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 02:21 PM   #55
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick View Post
Landon, surely you can hitch a ride with the Rabbit .

I think the rules are fine Pedro. As for classes, whatever the masses want . Stock (GT), Lemans, and F1 would be great........but I'm not sure what everyone else wants . I think some of the guys in MB primarily run pan bodies, so we need to figure out a way to work them into the mix. Maybe the Pan Stock 70t could run in the 70t Lemans class ? It wouldn't look as cool as all Lemans bodies, but it would give them an option.

James
Im sure the Rabbit would let me tag along with him Ive just been waiting to see what date you guys choose, so I can try and plan out my fall racing schedule If this race is the 26th, two weeks later is the enduro, two weeks after that is looking like the ALS race, then two weeks after that is NekoCon. Thats a packed up race schedule for two months or so. I know I wont be able to attend all four events, but hopefully I can make it work to be at y'alls. You guys have always tried to support our events, and Id hate to miss out on supporting yours. I had such a good time last year too. I know you guys can draw in a good sized crowd, and Im sure the bigger it is, the more Vicki will want to do it again, so I want to be there Also, Maybe Ill finally get to meet that Crazy Cajun, lol.

As far as classes, dont make anything special for us. The group that is talking about coming is made up of a bunch of flexible guys. We can run anything from standard touring, to pan, to LM, and any from of mod as well.

I would however deter you from letting the pan cars run with the LMs, unless you are allowing people to run standard wheels and tires on the LMs. The pan cars would be at a huge advantage if they had the unlimited tire selection, and wheel choice. Part of the joy of the LM spec class is having to adapt the materials allowed and be fast. Personally, I think the tires keep it closer than the similarity of the bodies.

If had to choose for y'all, Id do just what you did last year, stock (no pan), mod (pan and LM allowed), and F1. I know the LM class is happeneing with you guys right now, just like the 70t pans are popular here, but some of those 'fun' classes have to be left out of events like this. Of course, if you run a fourth class, it should be whatever gets the most support locally (the event is primariy for your guys), and let us comform to it, or choose not to run it

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 04:23 PM   #56
Daddy Rabbit

Chad,
I doubt we will see a AWD class in the Queen City, but I would be in, if it happened.
Come on MBMZR's lets show some interest here who do we know is going, lets see a show of hands, sort of speak
This is going to be a fun filled long day, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 06:23 PM   #57
B-main
previously spakey

im down for LM pan stock and stock .ill have my hands full running 3 classes with one car but i dont care i love racing .o yea my car is a pos can i car pool

let's go racing
B-main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.20, 09:20 PM   #58
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Thanks for all the support guys, looking forward to a great event!
I would be up for Stock, F1, LM and Pan Stock. The LM class at our track allows any wheel as long as the LM tires fit. This allows the use of higher offsets so you don't have to buy an LM ball diff. I wouldn't mind a Pan Stock class if it will be well supported. I don't think we should do a mod class because though the track will be a bit larger it still won't have the room to really open one up.
Old 2009.08.21, 10:16 AM   #59
pick
Village Idiot

It's Official - The Mini Diablo!!!

Alright guys, it's in stone !!!!! I talked with Jim, Vicki, and our non internet guys last night...........09/26/09 is definitely the date . Looks like this will work for everyone I've talked to so far and HSH is very supportive. Also looks like the tentative schedule I posted is what we'll run. We'll get something more formal posted asap. Looks like the entry fee will be $10 per class, and we will be running 3 classes for sure. Depending on how many people show, I don't think there will be enough time to run 4 classes. That's asking alot out a one day event...but it could happen . As for classes, I'm open to whatever. However, I think we'll see the largest amount of participation in Stock (GT) and Lemans. Most of the guys down here have converted their Mod cars to run Lemans (since it's open board / 70t). We also have a very strong following of F1's. But, like Landon, I like running Mod too........it's just real hard to run on our track, so there's not many true mod drivers left. What I don't like is seeing a mod class full of stock cars, which is what I am afraid would happen. That's just my opinion though. My vote is to run Stock(GT), Lemans, and F1 with an option to run Mod if time allows . I'm all for 4 classes if we have time. This would also give the MB guys somewhere to run Pan and AWD, because Mod is RUN WHATCHA BRUNG . We'll get the classes firmed up very soon though .

James
Old 2009.08.21, 11:27 AM   #60
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Had a chat with James and we think we will need to limit the day to three classes just to make sure we don't keep Jim and Vicki too late. Do all you MB guys have LM bodies? Would anyone be left out?
I will get together an event thread and post rules and schedule soon!