Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.02.07, 09:29 PM   #1
Tbone Racer
Mini-Z Novice

Question Need some info on the DTM

I have done most of the little scale R\c, but when I saw Russ's 56 mph clip I knew I had to get on that DTM action. I could use some info on the batteries. I got one in the mail but I'm not sure how to power it. I would like to build the batteries but i don't know if it will work. I'm gonna put a focus 4 plane controler in it. Does anyone have any Tamiya Tampacks willing to sell. I have got a black tamtech moter that is suposed to make it get. I'll try to get a video once it is all runing.
Tbone Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.02.07, 09:45 PM   #2
Russ
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Russ
Sorry to break your heart, but it's not my video, it belongs to NOMOTORLIMIT. I'm just hosting the video on my server for him.

--------------------------------------------
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.02.09, 02:34 PM   #3
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

What a coincidence! I didn't run my ABC DTM for 6 months. I just now put it back together, and ran it 10 minutes ago. (12:28 pm 2/9/02). and here you are.

I ask myself why did I waste my time on these mini Z's? There is no no no no comparison. I have two types. One to terrorize micro RS4's , and the other to overtake real cars passing by my street, and leave 'em.

I think I'll lay off on the Mini Z for a while. I miss the 1000% difference in power.

My suggestion is use the 180 sized motor for now. You won't be disappointed. With that motor, guaranteed 32 - 35 mph.

You made the right choice in buying one.
Old 2002.02.09, 03:09 PM   #4
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Before you go using a Air Frequency.. make sure there are no planes flying around using those frequncies, you might get some one knocking on your door with their hands out expecting 1000$ for the plane u shot down... --- there are diehards that have frequencie trackers . -- wich is also why its illeagal to use air frequencies.
Old 2002.02.10, 04:32 PM   #5
Tbone Racer
Mini-Z Novice

Hey NOMOTERLIMIT, How Fast Should My Black engine make it go? Where did you get your Tampack? I am giving serious consideration to going and geting one made at a Batterys Plus. I could only find them in one spot for $48! I don't think horizon sells the batteries. I am seeing if the sunberries can get me a pack. One last ?. What moter did you use in your notorius speed run?
Old 2002.02.10, 05:05 PM   #6
zanthrax
Tha Trackmaker

Quote:
Before you go using a Air Frequency.. make sure there are no planes flying around using those frequncies
I did some RC plane flying when I was even younger.
As far as I know you're only allowed to fly them in certain designated areas.

Beware, driving a Z (or any RC car for that matter) on the open road is also illegal. Atleast nitros are prohibited (noisy) and I'm pretty sure the cops aren't to keen on electric cars also.
zanthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.02.10, 05:46 PM   #7
Tbone Racer
Mini-Z Novice

Oops, it was NUTZ that did the speed run movie, sorry
Old 2002.02.11, 07:20 PM   #8
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbone Racer
Hey NOMOTERLIMIT, How Fast Should My Black engine make it go? Where did you get your Tampack? I am giving serious consideration to going and geting one made at a Batterys Plus. I could only find them in one spot for $48! I don't think horizon sells the batteries. I am seeing if the sunberries can get me a pack. One last ?. What moter did you use in your notorius speed run?
The black motor is a 180 sized motor. It is really good! Put a 13 tooth pinion, and you still can't tame it. Save your $48.00. You can do a lot with that, like buying graphite chassis etc. I will contact someone to see if he still sells these batts.

Notorious speed run: C can open with Quads. ($120.00 motor)

I just tried it the other day, and I don't think I'll be touching my mini Z's for a while. This is the real deal for me.
Old 2002.02.13, 04:35 PM   #9
bbc5

Send a message via ICQ to bbc5 Send a message via AIM to bbc5
does anyone know how the dtm compares to the micro rs4 in
terms of speed? when pricing is held as a constant that is
bbc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.02.13, 05:31 PM   #10
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

In terms of a heavily moded DTM SP, the Micro RS4 cannot and will not touch it. Even some of the 1/10th scales out there.
Old 2002.02.13, 05:57 PM   #11
DIRTYMAN
Mini-Z Pro

size

so the dtm is the same size as a z lenth and width
DIRTYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.02.13, 06:17 PM   #12
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

size of a model car. 1/24 th. Slightly bigger than a mini Z. It is truly the serpent of Mini RC's.
Old 2002.02.14, 11:04 AM   #13
bbc5

Send a message via ICQ to bbc5 Send a message via AIM to bbc5
i was looking at the specs for the dtm x4 and it seems
that it doesn't have independent front suspension?
the dtm sp does right?
i'm wondering if the dtm handles well on regular
parking lot asphalt......
bbc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.02.14, 04:46 PM   #14
Tbone Racer
Mini-Z Novice

Where do you get your stuff from

I ordered a battery and a bunch of other crap from horizon. New tires (cuz mine were rotten), a safety pad, and a front spring i lost puttin the turning on. Were do you get your engines and stuff from? I hve got the stock pinion on my black (goin for the best top end). Man, I went to Hong Knog this summer, where I purchased My Miniz, I sure wish I new about DTMs.
Old 2002.02.15, 08:49 AM   #15
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

No DTM's here

I've been looking into a DTM, but not available in the UK
I contemplated an HPI Micro RS4, but they have their boundaries.

The Schumacher AXiS 1/10th was an option too, but I don't like the short run times on 540 motors..

Now, I am busy looking into a Traxxas T-Maxx Nitro, 50 mph out the box, the LHS owner has one with all the blue parts on and a 3.5cc motor, make that 70 mph+ for an off road Nitro!

In contradiction, it is a big RC car and I like the smaller stuff.. so my quest for an ABC DTM continues..

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote