Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > New Products

Old 2009.05.22, 07:07 PM   #16
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
Bump for a Bud, but...... gold rims?????

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.22, 07:18 PM   #17
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I didnt have any white 1N wheels... so I used the LP500S gold front wheels.

You know, I allways use white wheels, unless I cant find ones in the offset that I need.
Old 2009.05.22, 08:57 PM   #18
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Got mine last week and all I have to say is WOW!!! I cannot get over the amount of rotation that is produced... the car feels very stable and predictable... all the guys at MHS are converting their 015's.... im running it at 98mm with the nissan body.. plus 2 rear plus 1 front.... super competitve for a simple setup.... Thanks Eugene!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.24, 02:23 AM   #19
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Junior... I can see your WOW, and raise you to a "Holy $#*^!!!"

I happen to already be a MR-015 lover, I'm faster with them than my 02's now. While I was fighting with my 02 tonight, my 015 was just a pleasure to drive. I was on a big new high grip track tonight and drove my EMU-mobile for the first time. The ability of this setup to rotate and transition is smoother than ever. I had such a big smile on my face it hurt.

This really upped the ante. Thanks alot Eugene!
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.24, 02:40 AM   #20
EMU
EMUracing

Im glad that you both like it. I produced the tower bars because I wanted to use it bad enough to get them custom made. I have wanted to do it ever since the 015 first came out. At first I thought that either PN or Atomic were going to do it... But the part never came. So I took a big gamble, and put my money behind the idea.

The main design is based off of the PN .5d caster tower bars. Besides the screw holes on the upper tower, they are identical. I thought about only releasing the upper tower, but that would make no sense without having the lower tower available seperately.

I even thought about making it compatable with both MR02 and MR015, but that just over complicated things, and would make it too expensive for me to have produced.

GIHOSU, your car looked very smooth today... And I barely saw you do any setup work on the MR015. It ran very competetive in the ATM USA spec motor class. With a little more wheeltime behind the setup, I think it will be even better.
Old 2009.05.24, 02:58 AM   #21
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

EMU, you're right. I build the car up last night and used my favorite MR-015 setup but set it up for 98mm... Hard rear and a soft front, ATM AW-40's up front and Kyosho 20 radials out back with my trusty old McLaren. The only change I had to make all night was to go from a hard PN t-plate to a Kyosho medium carbon t-plate. The car felt so dialed.

I am a solid B-main racer, lately I've been able to get more practice time on the track and it has really paid off. I feel that my performance in Spec class was pretty good too. There was so much grip tonight that it took some laps until my driving could deal with the high front grip. New RCP is so nice, it's been a while since I have been on such a nice new surface. I want to see how the ATM Spec motor runs, when I was marshalling they sounded so good winding up on the straight.

This car is giving me a serious "I need some RCP at home" vibes.

Now I want a EMU-LeMans.
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.24, 03:34 AM   #22
EMU
EMUracing

It is bold, but I do think that a 70t or Atomic USA powered Mazda 787 body with an EMU MR015 would have a strong edge over an MR02 LM car with the same motor. Faster motors, it would be a toss up.

The LM cars are so wide, that the mass centralization of the MR015 would definitely benefit the handling without sacrificing the stability. Basically, you could use slightly more rear bias in grip.

I plan to build my Nascar road course car into a Mazda 787 after the season is finished. Should be very fun to drive.
Old 2009.06.02, 01:43 AM   #23
mugler

How will the EMU car work out with a pan car setup? Has anyone tried it yet?
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 01:56 AM   #24
EMU
EMUracing

You have to use the Atomic 94mm VDS 2.5 body designed for the MA010. Or, you have to modify the pan body of your choice to clear the battery compartment.

When we had an MR02 70t pan car class, I had left my pan car at home... but had just received my 94mm VDS 2.5 body from the paint shop... I set up the car in about 20 minutes, and finished 2nd in the main. I was only permitted to run it for that race, so no further development went into the car. It is now the Nascar above...

The car had good rotation, and felt good, not quite as good as my MR02 which had been through about 10 weeks of development, but close. Considering that this was a throw together build with less than 30 minutes of work, I would say it was very good. The body sat very low, and rubbed the track on hard corners, so I couldnt push it too hard.
Old 2009.06.02, 02:57 AM   #25
mugler

Yeah I just tried to clip my 015 chassis in a PN pan body and realized the clearance issues. Good to know the VDS option is there though.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 06:55 AM   #26
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I thought i'd chime in now that I've had some good runtime with my 015 to 02 conversions from EMU:

This past weekend I set up a very turny RCP track at my house.

Right out of the box the 015 was the most agile yet the most planted car of the fleet. EMU's conversion allows me to run 0 narrow fronts on my F430 body instaed of the wider offsets (and possible wheel/suspension jacking issues from said offsets).My setup is very basic yet the combination of aggressive body, soft rear end and EMU's conversion makes for a very pliable yet traction friendly car.

Once I got in the groove of the layout it wound up being second fastest on the day with stock 3010fet and stock motor.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 07:15 AM   #27
-J-

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Faster than a MR-02 of similar specs? I'm not doubting you, just trying to finalize my decision for which 2wd mini-z to get, and this is making it interesting.
Old 2009.06.02, 07:30 PM   #28
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I don't know if I'd call it faster in itself. but the setup combination of the wider front end (thanks to EMU's tower bar) reduced suspension jacking, an aggressive body style (Ferrari f430) and a pliable car setup (medium FRP RM plate and medium kyosho front springs) made the car perform well on the track layout shown above. Responsive turn in with just enough tail release to exit the corners on a good amount of throttle.

It's no doubt that EMU's tower bar improved the car...in combination with other elements it made a very capable competitor to my simliar MR02's on this track.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 08:20 PM   #29
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Can't wait to get mine even though track won't be the first thing I'll use it for.
Old 2009.06.03, 01:11 AM   #30
Tjay

still waiting for mine Eugene...
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote