Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.03.10, 04:39 PM   #1
zround

Send a message via Skype™ to zround
ZRound 1.12.22

ZRound Suite 1.12.22 is available with new features and bugs fixed

ZRound
  • Starting lights use can be limited to mains (option added on settings)
  • DATE variable added to scoreboard protocol
  • Pass indicator (highlight frame) on Monitor#2 is persistent (highlighting is not cancelled when another transponder is detected)
  • Android app support register racers (instead of transponders). Require android app update
  • Bug solved. Testing sounds on settings window
  • Bug solved. Computing n-best lap after ignoring/split/join laps
  • Bug solved. In staggered start first racer was skipped when an unregistered car was detected and removed

ZRound Manager
  • Best lap qualify can sum results of n-best rounds

Android App
  • Settings include racer selection.

Direct download: http://www.zround.com/request.php?48
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.22, 09:35 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
ok, some weird things happened today.

in practice mode, transponders that had been entered into the driver registry would pop up as unregistered with an odd, error tone each time it crossed the bridge. i could double click on the each and then choose the selected registry entry which was always correct. why are they being picked up as unregistered?

i also had multiple instances where a heat/main was setup and in the practice session to check everyone is counting, some are coming up as unregistered and in a few instances, others were mistakenly on the track and also began popping up as unregistered instead of being ignored. i would clear the track, go back to championship manager and load the heat/main again to clear the unregistered entries and then start the heat/main.

this also happened immediately following a heat/main when others jump back on the track and popped up as unregistered instead of being ignored.

i have never had this happen before installing 1.12.22
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (5).JPG (296.8 KB, 8 views)
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.23, 10:21 AM   #3
zround

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
ok, some weird things happened today.

in practice mode, transponders that had been entered into the driver registry would pop up as unregistered with an odd, error tone each time it crossed the bridge. i could double click on the each and then choose the selected registry entry which was always correct. why are they being picked up as unregistered?

i also had multiple instances where a heat/main was setup and in the practice session to check everyone is counting, some are coming up as unregistered and in a few instances, others were mistakenly on the track and also began popping up as unregistered instead of being ignored. i would clear the track, go back to championship manager and load the heat/main again to clear the unregistered entries and then start the heat/main.

this also happened immediately following a heat/main when others jump back on the track and popped up as unregistered instead of being ignored.

i have never had this happen before installing 1.12.22
I have been received a lot of requests about controlling "unregistered" transponder in race. Prior 1.12.21 the software simply ignored the detection but now the detected transponder is shown as unregistered (in the ZRound console you will see the transponder number).

Here you can find the feature details: http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/...redtransponder

Regards.
Old 2014.03.23, 10:41 AM   #4
arch2b

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.zround.com

does this explain why transponders that have been registered show as unregistered in open practice mode? that's kind of a really annoying problem when opening the track up to practice and its not automatically selecting them from the registered drivers database.

Last edited by arch2b; 2014.03.23 at 10:43 AM.
Old 2014.03.23, 10:49 AM   #5
arch2b

forgot to add, during one main race a driver went thru and popped up as unregistered. it only happened once. i can't explain why this may have happened.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Stock Novice A Main.pdf (64.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 2014.03.23, 03:04 PM   #6
zround

Quote:
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.zround.com

does this explain why transponders that have been registered show as unregistered in open practice mode? that's kind of a really annoying problem when opening the track up to practice and its not automatically selecting them from the registered drivers database.
I use Chrome to edit the wiki pages and I've never had issues (In fact, I prefer to use Chrome over I.E/Firefox/Opera for this purpose). The site is hosted in hostgator, I have just tested the site and it works and I've not notice of site down alarms. Try now please.

Obviously open practice mode is not affected by the feature, it has no sense. Only the warm-up practice and races started from the championship manager with the registered racers of the heat/main.

Why do you say the open practice is not automatically selecting the racers?. I use it one month before releasing the new version and I have not had any problem with the free practice and automatic registration.

I was opposed to implement the feature because there is already a lot of control points (printed list with heat/mains, warm-up time before the race, warning sounds, green/red lights on the console) to prevent an unregistered racer or wrong transponder. However, there are a lot of people out there who asked to add the feature and once I've implemented I must agree it is good. There is no possiblity to miss a lap if the racer run with the wrong transponder (yes, that shouldn't happen but it does).

When you start a race from the championship manager, only registered racers should run (practice/race). If you want a free practice, start a free practice instead. If you have a heat/main loaded you can "clear the registered drivers" clicking the left icon (white sheet) on the zround tool bar and start a free practice as usual (clock icon).
Old 2014.03.23, 03:19 PM   #7
zround

Quote:
forgot to add, during one main race a driver went thru and popped up as unregistered. it only happened once. i can't explain why this may have happened.
If you don't want it on zround report, please remove the "unregistered" racer from the race with the registering/unregister option on the context menu (see the documentation link on the first answer). If it belongs to a racer who has installed the wrong transponder you can assign them with the context menu too.

I could add another option to enable/disable the strict transponder number control but I.M.O. it should be another setting that eventually every body will have enabled. If it becomes an annoying behavior for other users I will consider to include it. Please let me receive more negative feedbacks before adding the new setting to the configuration page, you are the first who doesn't like it.
Old 2014.03.23, 03:26 PM   #8
arch2b

Quote:
I use Chrome to edit the wiki pages and I've never had issues (In fact, I prefer to use Chrome over I.E/Firefox/Opera for this purpose). The site is hosted in hostgator, I have just tested the site and it works and I've not notice of site down alarms. Try now please.
got to the site fine now, thanks.

Quote:
Why do you say the open practice is not automatically selecting the racers?. I use it one month before releasing the new version and I have not had any problem with the free practice and automatic registration.
i was running open practice mode and everyone running came up as unregistered. i know it shouldn't do that but it was and can't explain why or what i may have done wrong. i went so far as to close race manager and open it again to restart open practice and it still picked up everyone as unregistered.

Quote:
When you start a race from the championship manager, only registered racers should run (practice/race). If you want a free practice, start a free practice instead. If you have a heat/main loaded you can "clear the registered drivers" clicking the left icon (white sheet) on the zround tool bar and start a free practice as usual (clock icon).
thank you. i didn't know i could do that as the roll over states 'clear registered drivers' which is reads counter intuitive to what is wanted to be done which is remove unregistered drivers from a race started from the championship manager.

no, others should not be on the track when getting ready to start a heat/main but when you have a HFAY sized track in a small space in a busy hobby shop environment, it happens frequently.
Old 2014.03.23, 03:45 PM   #9
zround

Quote:
i was running open practice mode and everyone running came up as unregistered. i know it shouldn't do that but it was and can't explain why or what i may have done wrong. i went so far as to close race manager and open it again to restart open practice and it still picked up everyone as unregistered.
mmm. They should be automatically registered or show "TX=XX" if XX belongs to more than one racer. I cannot reproduce the issue .

Quote:
thank you. i didn't know i could do that as the roll over states 'clear registered drivers' which is reads counter intuitive to what is wanted to be done which is remove unregistered drivers from a race started from the championship manager.
The "clear registered drivers" is like a soft "reset" of the race manager. All racers are removed from the session. It is not used to remove "unregistered" racers from the heat/main started from the championship manager but to remove all of them.

Quote:
no, others should not be on the track when getting ready to start a heat/main but when you have a HFAY sized track in a small space in a busy hobby shop environment, it happens frequently.
I understand. If there are a lot of "unregistered" racers you can select all of them (ctrl-click) and remove them in a single operation.
Old 2014.04.13, 02:38 PM   #10
arch2b

I used the latest version yesterday and ignoring a fast lap did not correct the ranking.
Old 2014.04.15, 08:13 AM   #11
zround

Could you please send me the zround.mdb file located in "Datos" folder and the details about the affected race?

Thanks in advance.

Jesus.
Old 2014.04.15, 10:45 AM   #12
arch2b

I would be happy to send you the file but it will be 2 weeks till I am back at the track .
Old 2014.04.15, 02:43 PM   #13
zround

OK. Thanks.
Old 2014.06.04, 03:34 AM   #14
NoBrainer

I don't get white text on blue background on the race reports.

http://prenting.net/mini-z/konkurans...FinalJune.html

It's the same for Chrome, Firefox and IE.
Old 2014.06.04, 04:49 PM   #15
zround

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBrainer View Post
I don't get white text on blue background on the race reports.

http://prenting.net/mini-z/konkurans...FinalJune.html

It's the same for Chrome, Firefox and IE.
The directory structure for uploading html files is:

/whateverpathyouwant/class/championship/race

If you use championship manager ftp feature, you can use the option "resend root files" in order to publish the common files required. If you use a ftp client, please upload the content of "Datos" folder to the zround root path (i.e. /whateverpathyouwant).

In your site the ZRound root path is "/" so you must put the files there.

However, I see you only whant to publish a single race so the only file really needed is "zround.css". If you place a copy of zround.css into http://prenting.net/ the race should be displayed as expected.

Regards.