Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.01.27, 01:23 AM   #1
rc1q2w3e4r

Neo Magnets

Hi,

I done a search with minimal results.

Just wondering if the stock board on the MR-02 can support a kyosho X-Speed modded with neo magnets ?

Will this mod increases the load on the ESC ?

Thanks in advance..
rc1q2w3e4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.27, 07:43 AM   #2
ExtraPickles
Bringing up the rear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1q2w3e4r
Just wondering if the stock board on the MR-02 can support a kyosho X-Speed modded with neo magnets ?
I personally have had no trouble with this combo, including the magnets from Drac which will try to attract cars passing by outside on the street they're so strong.

-pickles

Last edited by ExtraPickles; 2005.01.27 at 07:47 AM.
ExtraPickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.27, 08:54 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraPickles
I personally have had no trouble with this combo, including the magnets from Drac which will try to attract cars passing by outside on the street they're so strong.

-pickles
that is soo true i have a picture of a motor with his magnets holding up a couple pair of pliers, screw driver adn various other things
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.27, 03:20 PM   #4
maestroelite

Ive been running a MZM with this combo and a bb can for a month and no problems.
maestroelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.17, 07:15 AM   #5
moskito42

Is a neo magnet with a motor with about 50 turns a good idea? I read that neo magnets are reducing top speed. MZW have advised me, to use neo magnets for 45 turns or lower only because of this reason.
moskito42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.24, 07:20 PM   #6
Ibrake Ifry

neo magnets do decrease top speed by about roughly 25%...but the increase in torque is well worth it plus you can always use a taller pinion if you want the top speed back.
Using neos on a low turn motor does get great results since the lower turns increase the top speed but the neos still boost the torque
also neos decrease current draw so its actually even safer to use neo magnets on an xspeed than just an xspeed by itself
Ibrake Ifry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.24, 07:41 PM   #7
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Decrease current, I dont know about that, maybe at some points in the motor RPM spectrum.. but the stall current, is always the same... for all intent and purposes there is basicly no change in AMPs with neo magnets, but sometimes it goes up .1% or down .1%... lol depends on motor variables... and weather, orbit of the moon lol...
Old 2005.05.25, 11:26 AM   #8
Ibrake Ifry

well in my experience the stall is just a little bit more(hold the trigger a little bit more to get the motor to start spinning) but with a load the current is less since the extra torque from the magnets allows the motor to rev faster...in fact to prove this...take a normal armature and run it for ten minutes with normal mags then measure the temperature...use neos and then do the same and you will notice that the neo motor doesn't heat up as much because it doesn't draw as much current under load...just my 2 cents...i could be wrong though and i really don't want to start an argument...with no load current i am unsure so i'll test it tonight...i'll let you guys know later on...i am going to take a 25 turn arm 30 ga and test it with an ammeter and 2 lithium batteries...
Old 2005.05.25, 12:38 PM   #9
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
http://www.quantumrc.com/Photos/Diagrams/NeoXSpeed.jpg

The neos DOUBLE the torque, making it easier for the motor to do its job.. so its gona get less warm yes...

This is a Motor Dyno read out a past customer of MY Neo Magnets made for me...

I am not argueing Just tossing in more info...

Note that on this chart a few of the variables like efficiency were multiplied by 10, to make them show up on the graph better the dyno is for larger motors . and even when multiplied by 10 there is little to no difference in amps... this is my only point, not saying there is 0% difference just so minimal that it realy aint a factor...

The Stall amps are the primary factor in a motor its the MOST amps a motor can do, and its when you give the motor FULL THROTTLE, but hold it from spinning... thus it just acts like a resistor... and the wire in the motor usualy melt first... but in the Z the fets will go first if you dont upgrade them... even the X-Speed unaltered will fry the Fets if you hold it from spinning and give it full throttle long enough... (ive typed that a lot on this forum LOL)
Old 2005.05.27, 09:12 AM   #10
Ibrake Ifry

neo magnets

ok thats really interesting about the efficiency of the motor and that dyno looks great. Ok so the fact that the motor has more toque is the reason why it doesn't get as warm...It makes sense and I totally agree...But, would you say that the reason the motor is getting warm is because more current is flowing though it also with neo magnets you should get slightly better runtimes(stop and go)didn't test anything out yet haven't had the time but the only way really to find out how much current the motors are drawing under load is to have the same resistance on the motor in the same conditions, etc. and that is nearly impossible with the equipment i have...rad shck fluke...no speed checker