Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2020.03.31, 11:41 AM   #106
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Given many state now have stay in place orders for the foreseeable future, not sure we can make up March/April.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.04.01, 12:06 AM   #107
TPDazzle

Yes, we are looking very doubtful in WA state. Stay safe everyone.
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.04.01, 07:24 AM   #108
briankstan

same thing here in Utah. We'll look at what do do in the next few weeks, It Looks like most things are closed until at least May 1st.
Old 2020.04.01, 08:17 AM   #109
Thorvald

I was hoping to join in from home as it would be a great distraction from the quarantine.

However the tracks are just slightly too large to fit in a double car garage. HFAY layouts seem to be max 12 x 9 tiles. Looks like a double car garage can only fit 10 x 9 maximum.

Once the weather warms up, could setup the track temporarily in the driveway and run some laps with the kids.

Cheers
Tim
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.04.01, 08:43 AM   #110
arch2b

Yeah, 2 wide l sounds small until you try to squeeze it in a basement or garage. When you get to other locations where there running 30’+ straights, it feels like a Mini-96. It’s all a matter of perspective. I started with HFAY in my basement and it often went wall to wall on some of the layouts.
Old 2020.04.01, 07:51 PM   #111
KWT

I tried running a 2 Wide L on my driveway. It got windy once and the wind picked up the track and spilled the cars onto the driveway.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.04.01, 11:15 PM   #112
art4242

Same situation here in CA, we're on shelter in place until at least May.

Technically I can still run some official rounds, just need to convince my 2 kids to join me (easier said than done!).
art4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.04.02, 07:19 AM   #113
briankstan

I have the space for most of the tracks but since we race at my house, I just don't want the have exposure for my family. I have lent some track out to members so they can practice at home with whatever space they have. just trying to help people keep busy while they have all this extra time.

for me our family also enjoys playing Ping Pong so the table is setup now where the track usually is. we play almost every night for an hour or so, lots of fun.
Old 2020.04.02, 08:37 AM   #114
arch2b

Part of my open space is occupied by a ping pong table as well and we are also playing daily! Helps break up the day and good physical activity for indoors. I’ve only got at best 3-4’ buffer though so it’s really tight and constantly backing up into things.
Old 2020.04.03, 07:48 AM   #115
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
Part of my open space is occupied by a ping pong table as well and we are also playing daily! Helps break up the day and good physical activity for indoors. I’ve only got at best 3-4’ buffer though so it’s really tight and constantly backing up into things.
that's funny. Ping Pong is a favorite of ours, with my wife being from China she grew up playing. I don't think I had ever played until we met. We have had a table for going on 17 years and although the track is there the majority of the time the Ping Pong table gets out quite a bit as well.

I have a pretty good space for it. maybe 6ft on each end about 4ft. on each side. My basement living room, recreation/Race Room is empty of all furniture, we setup a basement bedroom for that with the TV an such.
Old 2020.04.07, 07:56 PM   #116
mtse0

Smile

Could we move the time to upload all remaining races to July 3rd? That may give some clubs time to complete races 5-10.
It will be quite interesting to see all of the results posted at once
mtse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.04.09, 08:29 AM   #117
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtse0 View Post
Could we move the time to upload all remaining races to July 3rd? That may give some clubs time to complete races 5-10.
It will be quite interesting to see all of the results posted at once
we might have to do something like that, We'll keep everyone updated as things need to move.