Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.03.14, 10:56 PM   #1
F1-ERNIE

North East Nat

Hi guys:

I'd first like to thank CP Raceway & Kyosho for holding a great day of racing. Special thanks to Dave ("cupcake"), the announcer, and all participants for their professional manner & sportsmanship (for the most part...). I personally finished 8th out of 22 competitors in the F1 field and had a great time doing so. All classes were exciting and fun-filled - from the high flying and crashing Overlands to the Porsche taking the Ferrari on the inside of the sweeper, or the 6 F1's flying into the first turn. The day was long but worth it (I only ran one class...so had a lot of wait time).

One thing needs to be brought up here though...CP Raceways lap counting system should have been used, at the very least, for a back-up to the piss poor Kyosho set-up. The winner of the B-Main,"F1" who would have bumped up to the A-Main along with the second place finisher in the B, was absolutely robbed. On his second lap, his transponder did not count and all racers could tell by the run down that was being given by the announcer. We were actually talking among ourselves as we were racing, about the mishap. And at the end, the number one finisher was actually counted as the last place finisher. All racers knew what had happened and Eric of CP Raceway pursued the issue with the Kyosho rep. It was quite obvious on the printout that he was put down one lap by mistake. The Kyosho rep, Alex, refused to go by what everyone saw (including his own eyes) and went by the transponder readouts, thereby robbing Tom of a chance at the A-Main. As if this was not bad enough, we now go to the A-Main. Ten laps into it, the race was black flagged and called for a restart. Once more the Kyosho system has failed us. The leader at this point, Jamie, with a half-track lead, was forced to give it all back due to the fact that his car did not count on lap two. On the restart, instead of being up a half lap, Jamie was involved in a first corner crash and within the first lap, was down a half lap. Through some very impressive driving over the next 7 minutes, he caught up and ended up with a trophy in his hand for third place. You could kind of say...from first to third, thanks to Kyosho's lack of professionalism in the lap counter/transponder department. The second place winner was local fast guy, Gerd, and Bill Crotty, Jr. took first. But, I doubt he would have come even close if it wasn't for the restart.

Other than this problem, which needs to be addressed, Kyosho and CP Raceway put on a kickass regional race and I can't wait for next year! By the way guys - they unveiled the first body in a series, "American Muscle" - a 427 Cobra - blue with white stripes - nothing but a windshield and rollbar on top, white side pipes on the side. I'm sure there will be more to come (hopefully a '64 Impala, several years of Corvettes, GTOs, GT 500 Mustangs, first & second generation Camaros, 442s, Superbirds, and if we're real lucky, some Lead Sleds from the 50's or maybe the best body they could ever put out - a 30's era Willies coupe).

Hopefully next year we'll have a class for those kick ass monsters and split this into a 2 day race running F1, Monster Trucks, & Overlands on one day, and Stock Mini Z, Open Mini Z, and MRO2 on the second day. With 88 competitors this year, and sure to be more next year, the 12 hours it took this year to complete, could be split into two days and everyone would be happier (especially if there is an extra class for the Monsters).

Yours Truly,

Passin Ya On The Inside - F1 Ernie
Old 2004.03.17, 05:53 PM   #2
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

unfortunate there was a lap counting problem. On the other hand, you guys definately had a much better turn out than we did here in columbus. The more the merry.

And 22 F1 entries. That's unreal.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.18, 07:21 AM   #3
F1-ERNIE

yup

It was sweet!But it can get bigger and better.Can't wait till next year!how many f1's did you guys get?
Old 2004.03.18, 07:34 AM   #4
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

we had only 8 F1 entries with one no-show. So with 7 vying for an A-main spot, you had a decent chance to get an invite to anaheim, not to mention a podium finish.

i think all together we had a total of 25 people at our cup race with most having multiple entries.

Not as big a showing but having less of crowd is not such a bad thing
Old 2004.03.18, 07:50 AM   #5
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Abe, your right, having a smaller crowd has it's advantages. I enjoyed the the crowd though. It is great to mingle with all the enthusist's who feel the same way about this hobby. Seeing eveyones setups from the simple take it out of the box, slap batteries in and run to the Bill Crotty Jr' setups . and all those inbetween. I am sorry I couldn't make more of the races like some on these forums . It would be great to be able to compare the different sites. Each one has their merits and I am glad to be part of the bigger turnout 2nd year running. So I will throw out this challenge... Next year, lets see who can get the most enterants!

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.18, 11:58 AM   #6
F1-ERNIE

lol

not to rub it in but i was off by 5 there was 27 f-1's.witch is cool b/c that means i beat 5 more guys lol
Old 2004.03.18, 12:28 PM   #7
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Quote:
not to rub it in but i was off by 5 there was 27 f-1's
hey, the more the merry.

Finishing 8th out of 27 is definately a good sign. Goes to show you were up there with the best of them
Old 2004.03.19, 08:11 AM   #8
F1-ERNIE

i am happy

I wanted 6th but that would have made spend money goin to the big show.So maybe 8th was better lol.I have only been runnin miniz's for half a year and f-1's for 3 1/2 months.So look out boys next year i will be A maining it for sure.;-)
Old 2004.03.22, 09:30 AM   #9
RedRSX
Bahrain GP - 04/04/04

Send a message via AIM to RedRSX
Quote:
Originally posted by West.F1
And 22 F1 entries. That's unreal.
It sure is I dont even know 10 people with any type of RC car...let alone 22 with the same kinda car...your lucky man

- Custom Black Land Crusier, LSSM Lift, Silver Alloy Main Gear Cover, Silver Alloy Motor Heatsink, Silver Alloy Battery Clips, Silver Alloy Knuckles, Gunmetal Alloy Rims, Silver Alloy Underguard, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Suspension Mounts, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Gearboxes, Super U Swamper Tires
RedRSX is offline   Reply With Quote