Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.06.15, 03:52 PM   #1
Faze

- Project Silvia S15 -

I took a little break after the AE86, but I can't stay away from these things too long, Haha. I chose a Silvia S15 for my next project. I don't know if I will do any body work yet, because I want to have a body I can use and not be afraid to beat up. I ordered a pink chassis along with the body from the shop, and i'm going to build a chassis I can drift with.

Thanks for looking!
Old 2009.06.15, 04:33 PM   #2
boohoo
team xi

yes we have another faze project. i really liked the ae86 cant wait to see what you have planned the only thing i found with my silvia is the ride height at the front sits to high
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.15, 04:37 PM   #3
Faze

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohoo View Post
yes we have another faze project. i really liked the ae86 cant wait to see what you have planned the only thing i found with my silvia is the ride height at the front sits to high
Haha, thanks I'm leaning towards a custom kit for it. The ride height is perfect for driveability, but it does sit a little high for cosmetic reasons.
Old 2009.06.15, 05:27 PM   #4
ZachRS

Cool!

I bet youll favor it more then the other ones because its a relative to your kouki, zenki or whatever you want to call that 240sx of yours.

Is the offset 1.5 narrow in the front and 0 wide rear?
ZachRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.15, 05:33 PM   #5
Faze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachRS View Post
Cool!

I bet youll favor it more then the other ones because its a relative to your kouki, zenki or whatever you want to call that 240sx of yours.

Is the offset 1.5 narrow in the front and 0 wide rear?
You're probably right, haha. For the record, it's kouki :P Yes, those are the offsets i'm using. Good eye.

I've decided the body kit on it has too sharp of edges. I'm going to do something along the lines of the Vertex Lang style body kit. I'll probably start work tonight (filling in the spoiler holes, etc). So, stay tuned!
Old 2009.06.15, 05:46 PM   #6
ZachRS

Neat man! You bought the chrome plated wheels right? Thats just fancied up saying their painted chrome?

I have some waterslide decals for a drift Silvia the Key Office green s15 Silvia made by Aoshima. I'll dig around for them and if you want them I will be glad to mail them to you or something?

Is the body fairly thick or thin? I mean compared to the new GTR road car body is the Silvia body thin as the GTR? I like them thin.= FAST. But hey I like them thick too but not too thick= SLOW but tough. Kinda like my ladies...

ZachRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.15, 05:54 PM   #7
Faze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachRS View Post
Neat man! You bought the chrome plated wheels right? Thats just fancied up saying their painted chrome?

I have some waterslide decals for a drift Silvia the Key Office green s15 Silvia made by Aoshima. I'll dig around for them and if you want them I will be glad to mail them to you or something?

Is the body fairly thick or thin? I mean compared to the new GTR road car body is the Silvia body thin as the GTR? I like them thin.= FAST. But hey I like them thick too but not too thick= SLOW but tough. Kinda like my ladies...

I bought the chrome plated wheels from pinoyboy (another member on the forum) recently. No thanks on the decal, but thanks for your generous offer! I've never owned the GTR autoscale, but I feel like the body is a little thicker than any previous body I have owned (mostly the AE86). I hope I could help you.
Old 2009.06.15, 07:31 PM   #8
okoye

can i give you a ae86 to work on?
Old 2009.06.15, 07:47 PM   #9
Faze

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoye View Post
can i give you a ae86 to work on?
Maybe when i'm done with this project. It depends on what you want done also. I think i'm going to put my pink AE86 on eBay soon if you're interested.

*EDIT*

I'm working on mocking up two different types of spoilers i'm making. I'll post the mock-up pictures when i'm done. I need to see which one you guys like better.

Here's a fuzzy picture of one of the spoilers mocked up. I am going to work on the other one tomorrow probably.

Last edited by Faze; 2009.06.15 at 08:09 PM.
Faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.16, 01:51 PM   #10
Faze

Here is a rough idea of the side skirts, and rear bumper. Keep in mind these are just quickly cut pieces to give me an idea of what it would look like, not the final product.

I like how aggressive it looks. Let me know what you think!
Old 2009.06.16, 01:58 PM   #11
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Whats your ETA this time man, half a year? A year? Looks mild thus far, what are you gonna paint it? Any graphics? Why a pink chassis?
Old 2009.06.16, 02:05 PM   #12
Faze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Whats your ETA this time man, half a year? A year? Looks mild thus far, what are you gonna paint it? Any graphics? Why a pink chassis?
Haha, i've become known for how slow I complete projects

I'm going to try to work on it a little bit every day, but who knows how long it will take. I have spurts.

No graphics on this one, i'll probably paint it yellow or light gunmetal.

I've always liked the look of the pink chassis for some reason. It's something a little different from the usual black or blue/grey chassis also.

Last edited by Faze; 2009.06.16 at 02:08 PM.
Faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.16, 04:46 PM   #13
okoye

skirts seem abit long. it is going to be lower right?
Old 2009.06.16, 08:00 PM   #14
Dr. Kustom

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom
Here we go again, gotta keep my eyes on this one!

GSR / Atomic
Dr. Kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.17, 01:37 AM   #15
Faze

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoye View Post
skirts seem abit long. it is going to be lower right?
It's just a mock up. No, this is the height it will be driven at. My AE86 was so low because I had no springs in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kustom View Post
Here we go again, gotta keep my eyes on this one!
Thanks! I always look forward to your projects too.