Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC

View Poll Results: Who wants 2 have a race car spec race
Yes 2 race car spec race 5 83.33%
No 2 race car spec race 0 0%
Yes 2 making it an endurance race 3 50.00%
No 2 making it an endurance race 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008.11.02, 10:16 PM   #1
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Race car spec race

A long time ago, soyverde came up with a race called JGTC spec race which consisted strictly of JGTC bodies but ended up just being an open class race so I am expanding on this idea. The following bodies are allowed 4 this race

All JGTC bodies
All DTM bodies
All GTC bodies
All LEMANS bodies
All NASCAR bodies
No pan car bodies. And U can't race the street car versions 4 example U can race the ferarri 360 GTC body but not the 360 modena body. White body versions are allowed. No trimming of the body or parts. All parts such as mirrors, wings, etc. MUST BE ON THE BODY. I am thinking of making a weight limit but I will leave that decision up 2 all of U since I'm pretty sure not all of U have a scale. The rules 4 chassis are the same as the past few races.

Must be 1/28 scale chassis
No fet limit
No motor limit
No receiver limit
Must use proper wheel offsets 4 body that U race
No reflex tower bar kits but pn or atomic tower bar kits are allowed(reason 4 this rule is that U can't use the proper wheel offset 4 the body that U race)

Any questions or suggestions please speak up and happy voting. Also I would like 2 know if everyone would like 2 make this a endurance race or not.

Last edited by TheRinger; 2008.11.03 at 10:22 PM.
TheRinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.02, 10:42 PM   #2
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Should of added 2 the poll if everyone wants a weight limit or not, my bad,
Old 2008.11.03, 09:18 PM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i like this type of event as much as i do the compact, mini-van, classic ideas. i think it would be great to get a couple of these in each year as they are lots of pure fun and for many of us, the chance to run something we normally never would.

as much as i like endurance races, i'd prefer we not do them every time. they kinda loose thier individuality if we run them all the time.

we could easily make more heats, resorts and bump ups to make it just as interesting.

lemans bodies are sort of the same as pan car class to me, if were talking mazda/porsche lemans class, not cr5 lemans style. they are vastly different from gtc, dtm, jgtc. i'd love to get to actually run my lemans for something though... i have not run it in a race since i bought it.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 10:35 PM   #4
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i like this type of event as much as i do the compact, mini-van, classic ideas. i think it would be great to get a couple of these in each year as they are lots of pure fun and for many of us, the chance to run something we normally never would.

as much as i like endurance races, i'd prefer we not do them every time. they kinda loose thier individuality if we run them all the time.

we could easily make more heats, resorts and bump ups to make it just as interesting.

lemans bodies are sort of the same as pan car class to me, if were talking mazda/porsche lemans class, not cr5 lemans style. they are vastly different from gtc, dtm, jgtc. i'd love to get to actually run my lemans for something though... i have not run it in a race since i bought it.
I also like having these races 4 the fun factor and challenge. I knew that most of us would probably not want 2 do another endurance race but I thought I throw the option on the table. I kinda figured that including the LEMANS bodies would be an issue but like U said, getting a chance 2 race your lemans body(as well as my 787 mazda ) I thought I'd make that an option, but if this becomes an issue I will drop them from the list. But I forgot about 1 group of bodies that I know everyone is dying 2 race, NASCAR BODIES! I know everyone wants 2 race these! But of coarse this race will involve more than left turns.
Old 2008.12.26, 08:28 PM   #5
arch2b

so is this the next one?

also had an idea about cops and robbers... everyone get a body that is either made to be a get away car or cop car. naturally creativity is encrouaged.

another could be beater bodies, make any body as worn out and beat up.
Old 2008.12.29, 08:15 PM   #6
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Looks like it so far? I thought I release these ideas 1 at a time. I have another race idea but its still work in progress.
Old 2008.12.29, 08:20 PM   #7
arch2b

i've already got a couple bodies that fit for this race so it's just a matter of time for me....
Old 2008.12.29, 08:28 PM   #8
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
I'm more of a street guy, plus no motors to match this spec. I would be down for endurance to see what I can squeeze out of my new 2.4s.
Old 2008.12.29, 10:31 PM   #9
arch2b

there is no specificed motor...

you missed last season which had many endurance type races... i think everyone wanted a break from that format.
Old 2009.01.12, 09:28 PM   #10
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Rule change

I hate 2 change a rule but I found out trying 2 tune and race a DTM red bull audi body involves alot of dremel work and glue due 2 the bodies front end easily cracks and the front wheels hit the headlight buckets when turning. So do 2 this, I'm allowing trimming of the bodies not every piece has 2 be on the body. I'm pretty sure everyone else would agree especially if U have a race body that U already have and would want 2 race and that is not in the best of shape.