Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.05.15, 10:26 PM   #1
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Racing Club News- TT Columbus

Preseason Practices/ Hooters Race?

Season One is now over giving the members a short recess from the minor stress of competitive racing. Though Season Two is scheduled for sometime next month, the members of TTs Racing Club are not taking things sitting down as preseason open practice is already on the calendar. Members have agreed to meet at TTs Racetrack on May 24th to keep things geared up for the upcoming season. No doubt there will be testing of new and proven hop ups during this session.

There have also been talks among the members to do an informal race during a Hooters Car Show in Columbus scheduled for June 7th. The miniz race has no affiliation with Hooters but when given a chance to show off the motorsport, why not at a car show and best of all one that is near a Hooters. More news on this as things develop.

Awards Ceremony

An awards ceremony was held Saturday May 10th where trophies were handed out to the podium finishers of Season One. A single First place trophy went out to mark saunders (skrogger79) for the F1 modified class. In the mod sedans, first place again went to mark saunders. second place to abe delacruz (westf1) and third to mickey combs (no alias) who unfortunately didn't make the event:

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album72/fc284552.jpg

(just two normal joes and a mercedes front row- sedan modifieds. third place mickey combs not pictured)

The meeting was held in conjunction with the Slot Car Club at TTs which included pizza and drinks. on the house by the owner. No beer though but still alot of fun. With the next season around the corner, a few of the slot car racers are said to be joining in the miniz mayhem so we can look forward to more participation in the upcoming season.

The Future of TT Racing

The rules- Early in the ceremony, a meeting was held with the members to discuss rule changes for Season Two. The revised set being penned by the owner of TTs with some additional input from the members. The contents had some influence from the IFMAR model and is planned for use in future venues at TTs.

The track-Tom Thumbs ports a 20x14 ozite carpet where the reverse side side is used for extra traction. For Season One, there was a single track layout used in all Four Rounds of the Series which worked well. For Season Two however, members were asked to submit different ideas on future layouts to be used throughout the season hence mimicking an actual series held at different locations. Season Two will consist of road style courses with (possibly) one fast track oval. The final verdict on layouts for the next series is still to be determined.

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album72/fcaa6d80.jpg

(one of many track configurations used at TTs- this one by kyle keller(Latency))

Rally Class- The advent of a new Rally class ( thanks to a push by Jason Vicars (BigVxxx)) is in the works for next season where the track will be modified a bit just for this race. Already there are plans for multiple jumps and a simulated water crossing. No telling what else will unfold as more ideas are brought to the table. The rally Main will somehow reflect the Special Stages seen in actual WRC races. more info on this as finalizations progress.

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album72/fc272388.jpg

(prepping for the rally, now that bodies are starting to arrive at the LHS- this one belongs to jason)

[reporting brought to you by Abe Delacruz, member of tom thumb hobbies miniZ racing club- all comments welcome]

Last edited by West.F1; 2003.05.16 at 06:03 PM.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.05.15, 10:43 PM   #2
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Send a message via AIM to latency
Talking Nice work Abe!

As always, nice work Abe!

For all the Mini-z racers out there, you should move to Columbus. It really is amazing the support that Tom Thumb provides us and the interest the Z's have spawned. We have lost some racers now that the 10th scale cars are running again, but we have a great group of racers, and best of all, we currently have 4 tracks...each being completely different.

Can't wait to start season two, I am hoping to be able to make more that just 2 races this series, that sort of hurt not being able to make the races. Having a baby will do that to you!

Abe, get your car together, I already have something for you in the sedan. Don't worry, I will help ya keep track of how many laps down you are!

All in good fun as always!
BMW M3 GTR MR02 PNRacing Speedy powered
Corvette C5R MR01 PNRacing Speedy powered
Cup Car conversion ChaserRC Stock Modified powered

KoPropo Helios 10EX
latency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.05.15, 11:06 PM   #3
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

thanks kyle

here's my season two contender that will replace the clk. if you only knew whats in store for you.

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album72/fc2724a9.jpg

upgrades:

[due to security measures at Abe Racing Technologies, changes from season one will be undisclosed at this present time]
Old 2003.05.16, 09:27 AM   #4
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Talking Ahhh....but see...

Ahh, but see, the problem Abe is that your Skyline still has a roof for me to flip you onto...there lies your problem!

KoPropo Helios 10EX
Old 2003.05.16, 06:03 PM   #5
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Old 2003.05.31, 10:59 PM   #6
mini-z
Administrator

Re: Nice work Abe!

Quote:
Originally posted by latency
For all the Mini-z racers out there, you should move to Columbus.
Not sure about moving, but I hope to come down and visit you guys some time soon!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.05.31, 11:55 PM   #7
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
let me know when I'll drive down and stay for while and drive home.. but only if there will be more then two or 3 racers
Old 2003.06.10, 05:23 PM   #8
Kev71h

Send a message via AIM to Kev71h
columbus OH

I will be flying into COLUMBUS OHIO (chillicothe to visit) This week. When and where is the mini-z track? Let me know direct:

Kev71H@aol.com

and does anyone know where else they race???? in Columbus OR chillicothe?

Kev71H@aol.com
Old 2003.06.10, 07:04 PM   #9
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

you've got mail kev71h!

Season Two starts this weekend. Check out our Tom Thumbs section under Tracks

later.
Old 2003.06.11, 01:22 AM   #10
Kev71h

Talking ITS ON!!

Gotta love some competition! I'm comming a long way to race with you guys!

I hope to have some friendly fun competition. My F-1 will be ready
***MY Sedan only has an x-speed. but it will be there also.

DRR also will be on tap for some fun!
Old 2003.06.11, 07:05 AM   #11
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Cool!

Hey Kev71H, glad to see you may make it out. Hopefully West sent you some directions to the track.

Should be a good time. Typically (with it being Summer and all) on a race day we have anywhere from 5-8 racers.

We run an open sedan class, open F1 and new this season a rally class. Tons of fun.

The track is an Ozite carpet, foams seem to do well, but do not last very long. I like rubber 20's myself.

With my mod sedan, I typically run harder compounds up front to keep me from traction rolling in the big sweepers. It pushes more in the infield, but I can carry more corner speed in the sweepers without flipping it! Hope you can make it, we usually show up around 12:30 to setup and get things ready.

I am the scrawny Adam Sandler look alike, should be a good time...

KoPropo Helios 10EX
Old 2003.06.11, 07:41 AM   #12
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Quote:
I hope to have some friendly fun competition. My F-1 will be ready
guaranteed the competition will get your blood pressure up in a hurry. all in good fun. i'd get foams for your F1 though and make sure you have at least the xspeed in that thing. only way to stay competitive.

the hobby store btw carries upgrades so you'll have no problems replacing things if you need to.

Quote:
***MY Sedan only has an x-speed. but it will be there also
our top runner mark saunders uses an xspeed only. goes to show the fastest motor doesn't always mean a win. Or the rest of us can't drive

With the xspeed you should be ok to run the sedan class with us.
If you switch it to the stock motor you can run the rally too afterwards. all you'll need is a rally body which are available at the LHS.

say, if we end up carpooling i'll give you the heads up on the competition

Last edited by West.F1; 2003.06.11 at 07:43 AM.
Old 2003.06.19, 04:30 PM   #13
TrigunPunisher7
I play drums...

Send a message via AIM to TrigunPunisher7
Once again.... This is prolly getting annoying so this will be the last time im gonna say this........ IM GONNA BE THERE ON JULY 26!!!! That's a nice skyline...... Makes we want to get a "Sedan" looking body....... I might jus bring my red skyline up....... or jus but a Vette bod when I get there.... And jumps are a good thought for the rally class. Ok im done wasting peoples time........

(If not ill have a black Peugeot body.)

Metallica:St. Anger...... Buy it!
TrigunPunisher7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.19, 07:56 PM   #14
Kev71h

Great racing

I really enjoyed racing with you fellas there that Saturday. You guys are top quality fun and good guys. Swaping secretes/checking out things/or just plain learning was very fun.

Racing on the other hand, I had a hard time with my foams being too "hard" The TAMIYA foams are but too dense so I slid alot and I could not get good traction to the rear. Squat foams or softer in general will be the order of the day NEXT TIME I get to race you all.

Once again a good track, good guys, and good racing was had.

THANKS TO ALL FOR A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!!!!!
THERE WILL BE ANOTHER TIME FOR US TO RACE!

Kevin
San Jose CA

Abe: Were are those pics??

Direct: Kev71H@aol.com
Old 2003.06.19, 08:02 PM   #15
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

kev71h-

here are the pics. different section.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...&threadid=8671