Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.11.15, 04:11 PM   #1
loganberry

mini -t vs monster

i am looking at either at either a monster or a mini-t . i dont care to run any of the trucks ouside because i have my nitro for that. i would run it in my house or down stairs. i have plenty of room in my basment, cause its about 100 ft long. the mini-t with a rechargeable pack goes around 20 mph. i dont know if it could reach close to top speeds in less then 100ft though. how fast would a monster go with rechargeables and an x speed motor? i know that the stock monster can go 10.4 mph. i want it for jumping and something to do in the winter cause its snowy till march. if any of you drove both and have comments they would be apreciated. thanks.
loganberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.15, 04:14 PM   #2
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganberry
i am looking at either at either a monster or a mini-t . i dont care to run any of the trucks ouside because i have my nitro for that. i would run it in my house or down stairs. i have plenty of room in my basment, cause its about 100 ft long. the mini-t with a rechargeable pack goes around 20 mph. i dont know if it could reach close to top speeds in less then 100ft though. how fast would a monster go with rechargeables and an x speed motor? i know that the stock monster can go 10.4 mph. i want it for jumping and something to do in the winter cause its snowy till march. if any of you drove both and have comments they would be apreciated. thanks.
If you wanted to make a track 100' seems liek a nice area for a mini t track but just to bash around you may have more fun with the MZM
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.16, 12:12 AM   #3
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

The MZM is much more of an indoor truck than the T. You need a good amount of space to really have fun with a T.

David
Old 2004.11.16, 01:50 PM   #4
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Mini-T vs Monster

No comparison.

Monster = 1/28th scale fun vehicle

Mini-T = 1/18th scale racing class truck

Either way they are both tons of fun. Fore more insight on the Losi Mini-T visit YourMicro.com

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.16, 02:25 PM   #5
cdeath

I dont think that you want a minit for what you are doing with it. They just cost too much to keep up ie I had my minit for about a month and had to replace all the electronics,turnbuckles,cvds, steering linkage, broke the chassis twice, and basicly had to spend a ton of money on it. Mabey the monster is the same way but it seems like its more scaled for indoor use.
Old 2004.11.24, 09:48 AM   #6
bithed
Retired Super Hero

Send a message via MSN to bithed Send a message via Yahoo to bithed
...mr Z is a nice easy going fellow who likes a bash every now and then but prefers to hang out with his racer buddies and shoot the sh*t...Mr T loves it when a plan comes together nad is much more suited ripping head long into disasters he might not just come out of alive...Hope this helps
Old 2004.11.24, 11:37 AM   #7
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithed
...mr Z is a nice easy going fellow who likes a bash every now and then but prefers to hang out with his racer buddies and shoot the sh*t...Mr T loves it when a plan comes together nad is much more suited ripping head long into disasters he might not just come out of alive...Hope this helps
I'd get both....I have a Mini-T and I think I need an LE MZM
Old 2004.11.24, 04:55 PM   #8
loganberry

yeah i think ill get a monster. sound cool. thanks.
loganberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.24, 05:04 PM   #9
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganberry
yeah i think ill get a monster. sound cool. thanks.

Not to stir the pot anymore but that little tamiya looks pretty darn sweet too...and then theres the clone..I think by hobbico...hmmm
Old 2004.11.24, 07:09 PM   #10
mini-z racing
Team Losi

Send a message via AIM to mini-z racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeath
I dont think that you want a minit for what you are doing with it. They just cost too much to keep up ie I had my minit for about a month and had to replace all the electronics,turnbuckles,cvds, steering linkage, broke the chassis twice, and basicly had to spend a ton of money on it. Mabey the monster is the same way but it seems like its more scaled for indoor use.

i have a mini-t and never broke anything on it also did you break the dogbones that came with the mini-t? is that why you bought CVD's?
www racingcity com
mini-z racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.24, 07:15 PM   #11
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

I ended up breaking my front shock tower. also I upgraded to CVD's didn't break the original ones just wanted the upgrade. also needed to upgrade the motor (twice) but they are both for different things. The Mini T is better outside and the monster is really a indoor truck. Allthough...... I have driven my monster outside adn my T indoors never mind. just get what you like. I liked both so I got both .

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.24, 10:47 PM   #12
solartech
r/c user

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeath
Well i do love my MZM,,,,but it is nowhere as durable as the Mini-T. I broke a lot of parts on my truck shock towers,front servo case, and front spindles. I have got a turbo and an SO-3 motor and it is not even close to the speed of a stock Mini-t. All in all I spent over $300 on it and hop up parts. I spent about the same on my Mini-t. I have yet to break anything but a pinion gear, and i have raced it on a fast big oval track a few times too. My monster I only played around the house. Well its all about fun and I really dont care about the money spent, but if I could only have one it would definetly be a Mini-t!
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.24, 10:58 PM   #13
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by solartech
Well i do love my MZM,,,,but it is nowhere as durable as the Mini-T. I broke a lot of parts on my truck shock towers,front servo case, and front spindles. I have got a turbo and an SO-3 motor and it is not even close to the speed of a stock Mini-t. All in all I spent over $300 on it and hop up parts. I spent about the same on my Mini-t. I have yet to break anything but a pinion gear, and i have raced it on a fast big oval track a few times too. My monster I only played around the house. Well its all about fun and I really dont care about the money spent, but if I could only have one it would definetly be a Mini-t!
The other thing is that lots of tracks both carpet and dirt are supporting the mini-t's...you know I was drivign it around the dogs tonight and it really is a fun little machine and I feel little need to hop it up but there are TONS of hop ups (ok I have a better motor..batteries are a MUST...and bearings...but other thatn wanting shocks thats it...except a ball diff..aluminum............
Old 2004.12.22, 07:41 PM   #14
ruf
4play

I've got a Mini-T that I don't run anymore. Big block and oil suspension. The thing is a little rocket. I'd be willing to entertain trades for Mini-Z's...
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 09:07 PM   #15
terraz

I have a custom Overland with Jeep body and Swampers with a lift, alloy rear diff. WOuld be intrested in a trade....Let me know
terraz is offline   Reply With Quote