Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.06.06, 12:17 PM   #631
Nic-Z

Send a message via MSN to Nic-Z Send a message via Skype™ to Nic-Z
lol sure, I will add that to my list

Dnano lipos, f1 transponder, mini-z brushless boat vids, Micro-t next to dnano...let me know if I am missing something.
Old 2008.06.06, 12:41 PM   #632
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Custom body!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.08, 04:19 PM   #633
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Has anybody tried one of these track's? I'm very tempted to get a set for my Dnano's. Look's to be perfect for these cars and for someone who does not have room for an RCP track.
http://realtracksonline.com/
Old 2008.06.09, 10:16 AM   #634
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Has anybody tried one of these track's? I'm very tempted to get a set for my Dnano's. Look's to be perfect for these cars and for someone who does not have room for an RCP track.
http://realtracksonline.com/
Most people have said the RCP mini-96 is a bit small for the dnano, so it sounds like you would be a bit cramped on size if you wanted any speed out of the dnano.
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.09, 10:24 AM   #635
simpleskin

Send a message via AIM to simpleskin Send a message via Skype™ to simpleskin
Now that I have the xspeed motor in my dNaNo I would agree that the mini-96 is too small. dNaNo's are very fast. Normal 50cm track is best.

-j

MR-02 AD
MR-02 AD with narrow PN front tower bars
3 x dNaNo
2 x MA-010
3 x MR-03
MR-015
Overland
F1
simpleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.09, 03:53 PM   #636
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Yea, but isn't the 96 the basic starter kit? Is there anything bigger than that of which comes complete? I could alway's start with the 96 and get the extension kit when budget allows.
Old 2008.06.09, 03:56 PM   #637
Nic-Z

Send a message via MSN to Nic-Z Send a message via Skype™ to Nic-Z
I have the mini-96 with expansion and wide turns, its nice since you can down size to a small track if room doesn't permit and open it up with the expansion which is nearly the same width as my regular RCP track, very versitile and works for me and my space, but I still like the larger RCP when I do out door tracks on the weekends racing z's.
Old 2008.06.09, 04:22 PM   #638
LBRC

My problem with the Mini-96+expansion pack and a dNaNo is that it has twice the number of wheel catching tile seams. Tried it on a friends and didn’t care for it, lol we went back to my place.

For a small room size portable track I suspect one of the advantages the track in Marc's realtracks link above would be the smooth walls and smooth single seam tile connections. Looks a bit narrow though but with a limited space I suppose it would be better than nothing, shoot there is always the slower training mode.

But for me even as small as the dNaNo is I just can’t see driving it on anything less than full size RCP. It’s simply a blast on a 2xWide-L+ track, especially once I painstakingly smoothed and leveled out each and every seam. Although looking at the photo’s coming out of Japan I’ve been seriously considering a custom multi level carpet track for the dNaNo.

Last edited by LBRC; 2008.06.09 at 04:24 PM.
LBRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.09, 04:47 PM   #639
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

When I raced my Dnano this past weekend, it was on a very large RCP track that the club build's for running 1/18's on. It's amazing how something so small like the Dnano, can take up so much room being so fast. Upon first glance, you'd think the Dnano would just be a small little cruiser for small track only. But no, it take's up a lot of space for it's tiny size.
I'm just saying that the Mini-96 is where to start. Then expand from there. The only two places I can think of at home, "When DAD is out of town" is in the garage with the 1:1 car's outside, or the back deck. The back deck is certainly big enough, but would have to tear down the track alot when we have rain. The garage is best bet right now.
Old 2008.06.09, 06:06 PM   #640
LBRC

Wish I had a photo of my old Tamtec track, it was made out of grey lint free felt type (no pile) outdoor carpet pieces for the road/track and green indoor/outdoor low pile pieces for non-driving surfaces glued to a woven backing pad, with removable rails and bumpers. We use to roll it out in the garage to race then roll it back up and store it against one wall when done. Approx. 16’x18’, weighed a ton, and wasn’t exactly small or portable when rolled up, but it only took a few minutes to set up or tear down and you could still use the garage for 1x1 cars although we never did it was more of a universal gym, shop, and party room, in the same garage we also had a permanent slot car track that lowered by pulleys from the ceiling.

Last edited by LBRC; 2008.06.13 at 06:36 PM.
Old 2008.06.13, 06:29 PM   #641
fraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
I'm sure the die cast bodies would be way to heavy for the dNaNo chassis.
[I know folks... blast from the past]

Ya know I had a novel idea about the 1/43 die casts. We may be able to use them as a "buck" for a vac tool. Think about standard lexan bodies perhaps held by 2 tiny tabs of velcro or something. Make a tiny foam bumper to support it... that would be dialed!! Not to mention, there are more 1/43 scale diecast cars available than anything and every possible body type. The possibilities could be huge and you could do custom paint jobs.
Old 2008.06.13, 06:38 PM   #642
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz View Post
[I know folks... blast from the past]

Ya know I had a novel idea about the 1/43 die casts. We may be able to use them as a "buck" for a vac tool. Think about standard lexan bodies perhaps held by 2 tiny tabs of velcro or something. Make a tiny foam bumper to support it... that would be dialed!! Not to mention, there are more 1/43 scale diecast cars available than anything and every possible body type. The possibilities could be huge and you could do custom paint jobs.
Very interesting concept, are you considering trying this idea?
Old 2008.06.13, 06:52 PM   #643
LBRC

Sounds good, especially with all of the different offset options for the dNaNo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-293X.JPG (110.4 KB, 74 views)
Old 2008.06.13, 07:25 PM   #644
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Cool LBRC, where did you pick up that body? I've got a IXO 1/43 scale Lamborghini Countach I'd love to see done, except the problem is, if Kyosho is true to scale, and the IXO model is true to scale, I think the Countach's wheel base might be too short. I've lined up my die-cast Countach with my Murcielago and 360, and the Countach comes up short. Maybe it'll fit RM type like on the 1/28, who know's. I'd still love to see a 1/43 scale Countach Dnano. I just don't want to touch my die-cast model for experimenting. Nor do I even know how to do such a thing.
There's almost infinite 1/43 models of nearly every car on the planet!
Old 2008.06.15, 01:26 AM   #645
LBRC

After reading Fraz’s post I remembered that we pulled a couple of dozen different 1/43 bodies two years ago to see which ones would fit on the Epoch chassis. I found the Vette and Z in the photo in a box with a bunch of NASCAR bodies but as long as they didn’t go out with the garbage I should have a larger box somewhere??? Problem is that the Lexan we used was too thin so they din’t paint well.

A little lap timer info coming out.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/topics/inf.../20080423.html

Rough translation form Kyosho website:

You can count the dNaNo lap time's with the home version now under development.

Prices start at 40,000 yen, our goal is for an autumn 2008 release.

Check this website for periodic updates.

Kudasai expectations. (Meaning; Thank You, looking forward to shairing more.)

Last edited by LBRC; 2008.06.15 at 01:29 AM.