Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.12.08, 04:09 PM   #16
Daddy Rabbit

2EZ,

I am sure that LT will there Wed. & Fri., he is on the road today, he will post the days tomorrow. I am in Fl. but I'll see you Wed week.

It sure is good to hear from you, we thought that you fell off the face of the earth.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.09, 09:17 AM   #17
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
nope still here just busy this time of the year. hope to see ya at the track this week.
Old 2008.12.09, 09:57 AM   #18
Daddy Rabbit

Everyone,

The track will be open at CFI this Wed. and Fri., regular hours.
Landon is traveling today and will be at the track tomorrow. Have fun guys and I will see you in a week.
Old 2008.12.11, 09:45 AM   #19
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Sorry for the delayed replies.....

We had a good night of racing last night, and I look forward to another on friday.

Last night did take an extra long time. We got started about 30 minutes late, then suffered numerous delays. I want to go ahead and get strict on hold-ups. From now on, Im going to run all the one class race nights with 3 qualifiers. Im going to be strict about the time in between though. We will have 5 minutes between heats and not any more. 5 minutes is plenty for you to get your batteries put in and get your transponder checked. If you dont get checked within the 5 minute period, you can still run, but if there is some sort of problem with the transponder/lap counter, its on you, not me.

This will also give you 15 minutes between each of your races (race, 5 minute break, other heat runs, 5 minute break, race again), which should be plenty of time for battery charging and adjustments to the cars. If major adjustments end up taking more than your time, you will just have to forfit one of your Q rounds. I reccomend using the practice time before the Qrounds start for these major adjustments, and use the time between rounds for tweaking and minor adjustments.

There will be a short delay before the mains, and between the mains. This should give plenty of time for every one to be prepped for a good run, and allow the bump-up hopefuls to get a second set of batteries going for the A.

The last thing Im going to be hard on, is getting started at 6:00 sharp. At 5 til 6, Ill post the heats and start a 5 minute timer for the first group to get on track and checked in. At 6 we roll off the line to begin the night. If people know they are coming, and call ahead of time, Ill drop them into the last qualifying group, so they can hopefully make it before they start. Real life hold-ups happen, and I dont want people to be turned off from racing because they cant be here until 10 after. In that case, they will be rushed to get started, but can get by only missing one Q round. This is another of the pluses to going to 3 rounds.

I hope this doesnt come of harsh, as its not meant to be. I like the relaxed atmosphere weve always had in our track room, and have always enjoyed the fact that we run on no schedule, and there was no set time to be ready, or to have to be on the track. With us getting more organized and running heats/mains/etc.., its just taking flat out too long now. Its not like the old days, when I can say, Okay, thats enough, Im going home now. These days, I want to be here until the mains are run, and I feel obligated to be here running the CPU. Atleast 4 of the last 6 race nights I havent made it home before 9pm. If this trend continues, Ill likely have to chose between my wife and my race time Its not fair for me to have to make that choice, when I know we can do this the right way, get in plenty of racing, and still get home at decent times. I know its possible as weve been done by 7:30 with two groups running 3 Q rounds in the past. This also doesnt mean Im going to shove you out the door as soon as the A-main is done. There will still be hang out and BS time after the races are run, and those that want to stick around and try to get in a few more test laps will be welcome to do so with the lap timer (you may have to run it yourself though). It will hopefully allow more people to participate beings that it wont take up the whole night. Heck, you may even be able to win a main and make it home for dinner

Feedback and suggestions welcome! See you on friday!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.11, 01:39 PM   #20
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Good thought!

I hope you don't mind my input. I think you have a good plan laid out!

At Highspeed we start at 7 and are usually done by nine. We run three classes and alternate between them running two classes every Thursday. We always run stock and alternate between F-1 and modified. We run two, four minute qualifiers and one eight minute main per class. If we have only a few racers we have been known to run three qualfiers.

Most guys seem to get to the track 1 to 3 hours before the race, this really seems to be the key to being ready to race. At least for me anyway. I like that you are running 3qualifiers, so if for some reason you are not ready you still have several opportunities to qualify.

Well, I hope to make it out to race with you all soon. I haven't touched my cars since our last encounter. I have got my lap counter up and running so I should get some club racing going soon here in Greensboro, NC.

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.17, 07:22 PM   #21
Daddy Rabbit

Greensboro Track

Jay,
Sounds great, we look foward to a possible invite to come race with you guys.
Good luck on your future club racing.
Old 2008.12.19, 07:33 AM   #22
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Thanks for the input Jay! I think its a good plan, and if you guys can run two classes in two hours with the amount of participation you have, we should have no problems getting in one class in the same amount of time with less people

I cant wait until you get your track set up. Interclub competitions will really help this scale grow IMO, and we need more of them on the east coast! Most of our newer racers have been bugging me about when and where the next road trip is. Maybe itll be to your raceway

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.12.20, 11:38 PM   #23
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Sorry that friday was cancled I was looking foward to running hope we get to run again soon.
Tannie
Old 2008.12.21, 10:44 AM   #24
hrdrvr
MBMZR

2EZ - Participation is sketchy at best around the hollidays We would have been alone On nights we cancel out, you should swing by the 843 track. It looks like theyve got people practicing almost every night these days

We are going to play next wednesday by ear (its looking good so far), but we will have to start earlier than normal. We are knocking off after lunch, so racing will begin sometime shortly after that (is 2pm ok for any one?). My dad and I will both have family in town, and will likely need to start the christmas thing that evening. Eric says he will have the kids down sometime around lunch as well, so weve got 5 allready (Thats enough for me ). Id like to turn this weeks times in for the HFAY event, but since none of us have legal 70t motors, I will just do the LM class results (The box stock motor is fine for HFAY). Because of this Ill allow regular racer wheels in the spec class for this one week. FWIW, I think my LM is as fast as it can be on the LM whees and tires. Id also like to run mod. We all have cars that fit those specs, so if three are interested, Ill run that class as well. Id love to run F1 too, but that would entail us all switching our motors out to box stock, and would probably make for a lengthy day if weve got a lot of folks racing.

Im out for next friday. Ill be headed ouut to GA to see some of Sarah's family. Itll be all up to Daddy Rabbit as to wether he will open the doors any over that weekend. Im sure he will chime in, or contact the regulars by other means (meaning me ).

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.12.21, 08:34 PM   #25
kromie101

me and the boys should be their wed.i'm down for some mod if my car don't flip a hundred times at the end of the straight.hope santa brings me a stock chassie. cya wed
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.22, 07:35 AM   #26
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I dont think youll have the flipping problem as bad on our little straight My car was traction rolling on the big track saturday too, and I hardly ever have trouble on our track. I may have to drop the ATM motor back in mine to hang with you though

See ya then!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.12.25, 11:16 AM   #27
kromie101

merry christmas.

the new pits are awesome,it opens up the whole area.
Old 2009.01.02, 10:44 AM   #28
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Hay Guys what is the schedule looking like now that we are thru the Holidays?? I hoop to get some track time in soon.
Tannie
Old 2009.01.04, 02:10 PM   #29
hrdrvr
MBMZR

We will definitly be racing wednesday night, and should have a pretty edecent crowd now that the hollidays are past us.

We will play fridya by ear, based on participation. We should be abel to get some commitments on wednesday.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.01.06, 05:39 PM   #30
kromie101

i'm a 100 miles away and ready to strick.cya tomorrow