Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion

Old 2007.01.19, 05:40 AM   #1
Jonny

Post Mini Z FM ADBand/B.E.T Band Board and Transmitter FOR SALE

Hi all,

Thought I'd post this up on here if there's anybody who fancies trying the FM band out (and who doesn't)!

This is the KOPROPO B.E.T Band FM Board which I 'believe' is the same as the ADBand board minus 2 3010 FET's (So x2 instead of x4). The spaces are ready on the board, so an easy soldering task to install x2 extra 3010's to make this the same. It has the programmable PC socket interface too.

It would need the servo motor swapping to a racer one, aswell as the POT (Original motor and POT still attached so you'll know which is which) and a power switch adding back in if you want one, otherwise you can make a permanent connection, up to you.

Also, I can include the FM TX aswell for those of you not lucky enough to have an upmarket radio with AdBand Module This will need an aerial to complete.

They are tested and fully working!

I know the Ad boards are a little pricey and I'll take reasonable offers, as I don't know how much to ask - Please mail me through the forums with offers.

Anybody with any info as to any differences that there may be between this and the AdBand board, please let me know!

Pics Below:

FM Board

FM Transmitter

Jonny

Last edited by Jonny; 2007.01.19 at 05:42 AM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.19, 07:28 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
some additional info on bet band

these are the mini-z lit boards.

i asked tim about differences/similarities with the ad band board however i have not had a reply

bet band and ad band use the same crystals or they are interchangeable however i could not use my ad band module/helios ex to control the bet band board. spoon is using channel 3 bet band crystals in his ad band mr-02.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.19, 07:31 AM   #3
Jonny

Bet Board For Sale Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
these are the mini-z lit boards.

i asked tim about differences/similarities with the ad band board however i have not had a reply

bet band and ad band use the same crystals or they are interchangeable however i could not use my ad band module/helios ex to control the bet band board. spoon is using channel 3 bet band crystals in his ad band mr-02.
Thanks Arch,

This board is from a Formula Boat Readyset. Strange but I think 'avant' (Jo) in Germany is using his Helios and module for the Lit? I could be wrong, would need to check on that.

Edit: This is the link I found on the compatibility - BET Band Board with Helios/Ad Module

I thought I remembered Jo using it with his Helios when I was in Germany for the 12 Hour Le Mans.

Jonny

Last edited by Jonny; 2007.01.19 at 07:39 AM. Reason: FOUND MORE INFO
Old 2007.01.19, 07:50 AM   #4
arch2b

now i have to go back and figure out why my helios would not control my lit. thank you very much for the correction and the link what would i do without this board and it's members

i will not be correcting my previous reply. it's important that my mistake be seen and noticed

my next question however is, does the formula boat boards have the same voltage tolerances as the racer boards? they use the smaller motors like epochs i believe.
Old 2007.01.19, 08:04 AM   #5
Jonny

Helios Q's

Quote:
now i have to go back and figure out why my helios would not control my lit. thank you very much for the correction and the link what would i do without this board and it's members

i will not be correcting my previous reply. it's important that my mistake be seen and noticed

my next question however is, does the formula boat boards have the same voltage tolerances as the racer boards? they use the smaller motors like epochs i believe.
It doesn't matter Arch, it's just that I was fairly sure I'd seen one used in person and that they were compatible and your post confused the heck out of me! As I don't have either, I couldn't confirm for sure and Jo wasn't online to ask I hope you get it going - perhaps send Jo 'avant' in Germany an E-Mail, his is running that setup, he's a great guy and very knowledgeable to boot!

As for the voltages, I'm no tech expert and only know the basics but it uses a 1x1 3010 setup instead of a 2x2, having tried it it seems fine but perhaps some other guys could help us on this one?

Jonny
Old 2007.01.19, 08:06 AM   #6
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

email sent,

Arch, when you get a chance could you try the Helios FM Ad module with your LIT again. I sent jonny an offer and would like to put this in an AWD if it works with the Helios for sure (which it sounds like it does).
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.19, 08:09 AM   #7
arch2b

sorry for the confusion i'm just as capable of making a mistakes

i'll try it again this weekend. i'll also email avant. i catch him on thier forum occasionally. if he says it works, i trust him. i'm sure it's user error
Old 2007.01.19, 08:11 AM   #8
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
that PCB is very different from the LIT pcb... size and screw ports etc...
Old 2007.01.19, 08:30 AM   #9
Jonny

E-Mail Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
email sent,

Arch, when you get a chance could you try the Helios FM Ad module with your LIT again. I sent jonny an offer and would like to put this in an AWD if it works with the Helios for sure (which it sounds like it does).
Hi again Spoon,

I have replied to your personal mail address.

Thanks, Jonny
Old 2007.01.19, 09:18 AM   #10
avant
Le Zèdeur

OK - here we go - AD-band/B.E.T.-band, I love these toys

@Jonny you're right here, the B.E.T-band esc of the formula boats work perfectly fine with the Helios AD-band module. The only important thing to know is, that you can just use the AD-Band crystals. It doesn't work with the 27MHz FM B.E.T-crystals.

@arch2b yes, I run my Lit with the Helios AD-band module and the AD-band crystals.

Cheers,

Jo
avant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.19, 09:37 AM   #11
arch2b

just to make it idiot proof for me

ad band tx WILL control bet band pcb with ad band crystals
ad band tx WILL NOT control bet band pcb with bet band crystals

i also want to confirm the following:
ad band tx WILL control ad band pcb with bet band crystals

i traded spoon my bet band crystals and want to make sure they work, i think he used them already?
Old 2007.01.19, 10:06 AM   #12
avant
Le Zèdeur

Quote:
That's correct
Quote:
This is what I haven't tested o far ...

Cheers,

Jo
avant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.19, 10:18 AM   #13
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
just to make it idiot proof for me

i traded spoon my bet band crystals and want to make sure they work, i think he used them already?
Okay, if that is the case then the BET crstals are basically useless (to me). Wait, not true. I can use the BET xtals on my current AD setup and my AD xtal on the BET board from Jonny.

Arch I think we actually traded AD Band crystals, you have my AD-4 and your BET (27.145). Is that correct? If so, we should be okay.

This is getting confusing but I think we have it all worked out.

EDIT: I just saw that Avant has not tested the BET xtals in an AD board...

So the jury is still out on the usefulness of the BET xtals.

Last edited by Spoon; 2007.01.19 at 10:20 AM.
Old 2007.01.19, 10:21 AM   #14
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

One last question

Has anyone added a second set of 3010's to the circuit board in the empty spaces?
Old 2007.01.19, 12:10 PM   #15
arch2b

i thought i had traded you my bet band channel 3 for your ad band channel 4? if not what did you run in your ad band last weekend?