Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.08.11, 10:51 AM   #16
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I have to agree with Jay about the Core, no one in our area is up to speed on the software to reliably run a race yet. If Vicki will be involved with timing she may not want to switch to an unknown system. The AMB does present some real issues in fitting the bulky transponders to visitors cars and most importantly wiring, since we would have to share our personal transponders with one or more visitors. Polarity and plugs could be a problem to sort out. We would all have to come up with some standard and have the corresponding wiring available for visitors or we would have to choose transponder buddies and make sure they were set with the necessary wiring beforehand.
The benefits off the Giro or Core are clear in this case.

Last edited by pedrocamp; 2009.08.11 at 10:53 AM.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 11:00 AM   #17
Daddy Rabbit

I'm in for all classes and looking foward to it.
As far a date, look out for October, it is already pretty busy
And as far as a Friday night dance off, that would be great
I'll have pull out the old leisure suitand lose about 50 lbs
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 11:06 AM   #18
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Sept and Oct are pretty busy for me, I will be in MB Oct 10th of course!
What color is the leisure suit?
Old 2009.08.11, 12:09 PM   #19
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

daddy rabbit cuttin' a rug, this i gotta see.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 12:17 PM   #20
Stuck

I will be home for fall break on Oct 21 (Wed) - Oct 26 (Mon). I would definitley come over to help build it, considering dad and I practically live there. Seriously I'm surprised you guys haven't seen our tents in the corner. Eat, Sleep, and Practice. The life of a mini-z racer... haha.

We have 2 AMB transponders in the mail (should be here by this thursday) and I know the store has at least 2.

Sounds like a good idea. I can probably make it home other weekends, but see if Saturday the 24th or Friday the 23rd works for anyone.

-Taylor

Last edited by Stuck; 2009.08.11 at 12:31 PM.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 12:32 PM   #21
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Giro Z connections

If anyone with really good soldering skills would be willing to permantly hook the Giroz connections to my transponders we would have four transponder to share with out of towner who probably already have Giro Z pigtails. If any one else who regularly or ocassionally travels to Giro Z land does the same we may have a solution to our delema. I think all but one of my transponders is case less so they are not quite as bulky.

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 03:45 PM   #22
pick
Village Idiot

My soldering skills aren't as good as my dancing skills, but I could take care of that Jay . I also have 1 extra AMB transponder with pigtail that I could loan for the cause . That puts us up to 5 loaners plus whatever HSH has. Another option for powering the transponders is a small 1 cell lipo pack. I've got at least 4 or 5 packs that we could pass around for those that don't have a means for powering the transponders. They are very light and quite small in size. I've ran an external pack for quite some time with no issues, just need a little velcro to hold them. I've also got a portable charger I made for the 1 cell packs that charges in a matter of minutes. However, I've ran one for hours before and have never seen it go dead .

James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.12, 11:31 AM   #23
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Below are rules based on Jame's post from a while back, the PN 2009 rules and my understanding of our current rules. All please review and post suggestions and modifications. I added Pan Stock and Pan Mod for inclusions in our larger events, i.e. Diablo, though we no longer run these classes in our regular schedule. I have not mentioned AWD since these chassis are barely raced in our area, we normally just allowed them in with Mod.

SEE POST #30 FOR UPDATED RULES

HIGH SPEED HOBBIES
1/28TH SCALE RACE RULES
(PROPOSED 2009)

Stock

Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only.
Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed.
NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86mm – 100 mm.
Kyosho, IWaver or TRP street car based bodies only.
NOT allowed: Le Mans Prototype (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…), PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies.

Motor – Board
Equivalency formula, these combinations are allowed:

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM or 2.4 GHz Kyosho or aftermarket board, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.
ONLY the following motors may be used:
PN 70T, PN Speedy07 Bush and BB, PN Speedy05, Kyosho stock motor or X-Speed. No armature swapping between motor types or rewinding allowed. Magnets as supplied by manufacturer for motor type, no swapping or substitutions.

DOUBLE 3010 STOCK FETs (2 pair 3010 only) on 2.4 GHz Kyosho boards, AM not allowed to run double 3010. External turbo boards not allowed.
PN 70T, PN Speedy07 Bush and BB, PN Speedy05, Kyosho stock motor or X-Speed. No armature swapping between motor types or rewinding allowed. Magnets as supplied by manufacturer for motor type, no swapping or substitutions.

OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70T armature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Boards and motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 175g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed with the following dimensions:
Maximum front width: 8.5 mm. Maximum rear width: 11mm. Maximum diameter: 21 mm front and rear.

Le Mans
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only. Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed. NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbase allowed: 102mm.
Kyosho Le Mans Protoype bodies only (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…). PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies not allowed.

Motor – Board
OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70Tarmature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 185g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Le Mans tires only, all available compounds.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed which fit the Kyosho Le Mans tires. Front specific tires must be run on the front and rear specific on the rear.

Formula 1
Chassis and Body
Only Kyosho plastic F1 chassis allowed.
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Only Kyosho F1 bodies allowed.

Motor – Board
Any brushed 130 sized motor is allowed. Brushless motors not allowed.

Weight
Minimum of 200g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Formula 1 or equivalent aftermarket tires only, all available compounds.
Only plastic or aluminum F1 type wheels allowed.

Pan Stock
Chassis and Body
Any 1/28th scale chassis allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86 -102 mm.
Any 1/28th scale body is allowed.

Motor – Board
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70Tarmature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed

Pan Mod
Chassis and Body

Motor – Board

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.

No traction compounds are allowed on tires or racing surface.

No foam tires are allowed in any class, only rubber tires will be permitted.

Batteries in all classes will be limited to 4 each of AAA Alkaline, NiCad or NiMH. Lipos of any type are not allowed. External batteries will be permitted only to power transponders.

Additional rules as per PN World Championship. Above rules supercede PN rules when in conflict.

Last edited by pedrocamp; 2009.08.20 at 11:20 AM.
Old 2009.08.12, 02:02 PM   #24
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Good Job!

I like the rules Pedro. The stock rules may be a little complicated for some, but I think they are necessary as so many people getting started in the sport are starting off with RTR single layer AM cars.

Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

I think if we didn't run more than six or seven per heat we could run the whole race with 6 or seven transponders. If we fit six or seven transponders with the Giro-Z female connectorshttp://www.rckenon.com/public_html/s...oducts_id=2508 we could use the Giro-Z pigtails and share transponders like they do the Myrtle Beach events and PN regionals.

I guess the other important thing to establish is a date. Labor day might be cool, however some people may already have plans with family and friends. October has 2 events already planned in the Mini-z community. This leaves us the rest of August, middle of Sept, and November. Any thoughts any one?

Jay

Last edited by cosmicsoul; 2009.08.12 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 2009.08.12, 04:07 PM   #25
pick
Village Idiot

Thanks for posting all the rules Pedro. I still refuse to vote for you, but the effort is greatly appreciated . I think everything is covered and should leave no room for confusion .

I also agree that the giro-z pigtails would be a good idea for sharing transponders. As for a date, what does everyone think about either 9/5 or 9/26 for the main event. Just a suggestion since most seem to be busy during October .

James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.12, 04:21 PM   #26
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

either date is good for me. only thing with the rules i see is a wide range of motor combos for stock class. i would say pic one motor per fet combo. theirs a big difference from stock kyosho motor to th e speedyo5. just my opinion. i'll be there to race either way

forget what i said. this is your event and you should set rules the way you want amongst your group. sorry

Last edited by chad508; 2009.08.12 at 04:24 PM.
Old 2009.08.13, 11:10 AM   #27
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

No need to apologize Chad, we are open to suggestions. We included those motors to allow those with existing stock to race. You can buy a Readyset and throw it on the track, no need to change the motor. You will of course not be competitive with simarlarly skilled drivers with the faster Speedy 05-07 motors but we encourage everyone to just get on the track and have some fun. Sometimes running slower is rewarded with consistentcy which is really more important than outright speed. While all the motor board options make it more confusing and harder to police we don't want to obsolete many of the guys cars that have been running here at HSH for a while.

Should the LM class use the stock motor-board formula or remain a 70T motor only class? There also was mention of allowing Lexan prototype bodies in the LM class as long as wheel base was kept at 102mm and the car met minimum weight of 185g. Would this be acceptable?
Old 2009.08.13, 11:38 AM   #28
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

thanks pedro i completely understand why you made the rules. like you said a rtr just will not be as fast as a spedyo5. enough said. as far as the lm class if lexan would be allowed would you then allow other asc to be run if the wheelbase stayed 102. i know a few that run the mclaren gtr at 102. maybe call it a 102 call instead of lm
Old 2009.08.13, 11:46 AM   #29
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

LM class

Personally I think LM should be LM ASC bodies only I think it adds to the realizm of the class. I think open board 70 turn motor keeps things interesting. JMO though.

I like the idea of keeping things classified by body types.

GT, LM, F-1, Pan Cars and etc.

I am not sure where the lexan bodies would fit in, maybe 1/10 touring cars LOL.

I think it would be cool to do an all Corvette race. All NXS race. Or a race with all Nissans, Lexus, Audis or Mercedes. Or my favorite Mclarens. I am not sure how all these cars are catergorized in real racing I don't think they all run together though? I could be wrong. I honestly don't know about any kind of racing other than Mini-z. I think it would definately be fun to try.

Jay
Old 2009.08.14, 11:08 AM   #30
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Made a couple of revisions after some discussions last night: Removed double 3010 FET 2.4 GHz option in Stock, only single FET AM boards and Open board 70T. This doesn't mean you have to FET unless you feel you absolutly must. Most of our guys are slowly transitioning to the 70T open board (PN Rules)option. I also raised the minimum weights in Stock and LM to 180g and 190g respectively. The 180g Stock weight is in line with Atomic rules and it prevents having to get crazy drilling holes and shaving off side marker lenses...

HIGH SPEED HOBBIES
1/28TH SCALE RACE RULES
(PROPOSED 2009)

Stock
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only.
Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed.
NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86mm – 100 mm.
Kyosho, IWaver or TRP street car based bodies only.
NOT allowed: Le Mans Prototype (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…), PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies.

Motor – Board
Equivalency formula, these combinations are allowed:

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM board, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.

The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70T armature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Boards and motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 180g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed with the following dimensions:
Maximum front width: 8.5 mm. Maximum rear width: 11mm. Maximum diameter: 21 mm front and rear.

Le Mans
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only. Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed. NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
Wheelbase allowed: 102mm.
Kyosho Le Mans Protoype bodies only (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…). PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies not allowed.

Motor – Board

Weight
Minimum of 190g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Le Mans tires only, all available compounds.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed which fit the Kyosho Le Mans tires. Front specific tires must be run on the front and rear specific on the rear.

Formula 1
Chassis and Body
Only Kyosho plastic F1 chassis allowed.
Only Kyosho F1 bodies allowed.

Motor – Board

Weight
Minimum of 200g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Formula 1 or equivalent aftermarket tires only, all available compounds.
Only plastic or aluminum F1 type wheels allowed.

Pan Stock
Chassis and Body

Motor – Board

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.

Pan Mod
Chassis and Body

Motor – Board

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.

No traction compounds are allowed on tires or racing surface.

No foam tires are allowed in any class, only rubber tires will be permitted.

Batteries in all classes will be limited to 4 each of AAA Alkaline, NiCad or NiMH. Lipos of any type are not allowed. External batteries will be permitted only to power transponders.

Additional rules as per PN World Championship. Above rules supercede PN rules when in conflict.