Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2010.02.24, 11:57 AM   #1
pinwc4

Version 0.43 of Flip Side Racing Software now available

Updated to version 0.43 to fix free play bug preventing timed out racers from getting added back in.

A new release is available, you can download it from the site:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/

A couple of weeks have passed so it is time for a new version right? Quite a few things have changed in the past couple weeks so I wanted to get a new version out for people to test before continuing with the next set of changes. Below is a breakdown of the main things that changed with this release:

New Features
  • New graph type, rank over time
  • Speech translation files can be selected within the program
  • Ending count down option added. You can set the number of seconds the program will start counting down for the end of a timed or timed and lap race

Enhancements
  • The program closing prompt is now configurable. You can choose to always be prompted, be prompted only if a race is active or never be prompted
  • MR-03 added to the chassis list (you can add any chassis you want by editing the raceparts.xml file)
  • Configuration of the racer slot colors (colors that the racers appear as on the race screen) is now configured on the General Config Screen
  • Auto adding racers when using Core hardware has been sped up to take much less CPU time
  • Select Racers screen is removed as it is no longer needed
  • The program will now always clear the racer list when a new racer is started

Bug Fixes
  • If a new background is set in the theme.xml or BG_Frame.jpg is replaced with a new background that has a resolution less than the screen size the program will now correctly resize the window
  • Auto adding of racers to a race will no longer allow 2 racers with the same name, each racer in a race must have a unique name
  • Fixed a error message that could occur if a racer was deleted from the most recent race. The results were being stored even though there was an error

Since the select racers screen is gone now the auto delete racers feature is always enabled. I also worked on speeding up auto adding racers for the Core hardware. If anyone has trouble with the auto adding/deleting feature please let me know.

As always please send me feedback or bug reports.

Last edited by pinwc4; 2010.02.25 at 09:58 AM.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.24, 01:07 PM   #2
briankstan

great, we are racing tomorrow, I'll get it loaded up and we'll use it tomorrow.
Old 2010.02.24, 01:42 PM   #3
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
great, we are racing tomorrow, I'll get it loaded up and we'll use it tomorrow.
Sounds good.

Also thanks for the suggestion on adding the rank per lap. I realized after adding it to the database so it could be used for reports that people may want to graph that data hence there is now a rank over time graph.
Old 2010.02.25, 09:48 AM   #4
pinwc4

There was a bug in this version with the Free Play mode that prevents you from adding a racer after they have timed out so I need to release a new version.

I have posted version 0.43 already.

Last edited by pinwc4; 2010.02.25 at 09:59 AM.
Old 2010.02.25, 09:56 AM   #5
QuantumRC

Hi,

With Flipside, how do I sort the Heats into overall standings and re-groups them into Mains?

The last race, I had to copy and paste maunally to excel
Old 2010.02.25, 10:12 AM   #6
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumRC View Post
Hi,

With Flipside, how do I sort the Heats into overall standings and re-groups them into Mains?

The last race, I had to copy and paste maunally to excel
The program can not do that yet, I am still working on the event management features.
Old 2010.02.25, 10:18 AM   #7
QuantumRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwc4 View Post
The program can not do that yet, I am still working on the event management features.
Thanks, stupid me, I just read it on the info thread.
Old 2010.02.25, 05:28 PM   #8
BrianMidnight

Been testing.....don't seem to be able to register more then 6 in a race???....I'm set up for 14 cars
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.25, 07:13 PM   #9
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANMIDNITE View Post
Been testing.....don't seem to be able to register more then 6 in a race???....I'm set up for 14 cars
That is puzzling. I just ran a few test races trying to duplicate this problem and had no trouble running them with 20 racers.

Were you possibly trying to add people with duplicate names? There was a bug in the previous versions that allowed the auto add feature to include racers with the same name that was fixed in this version. Having duplicate names in the same race can lead to problems with merging laps, deleting laps and deleting racers so I had to fix the logic to prevent that. Free Play will still allow duplicate racer names because the results are not saved to the database.

Is it stuck at 6, or was it just particular racers? Any insight you can provide will help me figure this out.
Old 2010.02.26, 06:44 AM   #10
BrianMidnight

Sorry!!! my mistake it is same name tags causing it to happen. I was using our pre installed "race profile" for 30 minute practise where we previously ran all our cars (mods stocks) at the same time. I've now saved it in "race profile" using free play & 1800 timeout, it now runs as before, apart from not announcing the individual lap times at the end of a session. We'll live without that. Sorry for wasting your time.
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.26, 08:57 AM   #11
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANMIDNITE View Post
Sorry!!! my mistake it is same name tags causing it to happen. I was using our pre installed "race profile" for 30 minute practise where we previously ran all our cars (mods stocks) at the same time. I've now saved it in "race profile" using free play & 1800 timeout, it now runs as before, apart from not announcing the individual lap times at the end of a session. We'll live without that. Sorry for wasting your time.
Glad to know that it is not some big bug lurking. This input is not a waste of time for me, feedback is useful regardless if it is bugs, input for features and changes, confusion on how features work or even just simple confirmation that things are working fine.
Old 2010.02.26, 09:30 AM   #12
briankstan

We ran Ver.43 last night at our races, everything worked flawless. I got several comments on the end of race countdown. I had it set to count the last 10 seconds. It’s very cool.

Russ had mentioned to me that is would be cool have the starting horn sound at random intervals, rather than a countdown to the horn. Similar to how F1 works. With the lights. This way it’s a reaction time rather than just timing the horn. I know that you probably can’t to a random interval but maybe give it 3 or 4 different delayed options and have it rotate through them. This way you wouldn’t know what one is coming up next.

I didn’t notice anything not functioning they way it should and didn’t have any issue with the operation of the system. I haven’t checked out the reports or anything yet, I’ll let you know if I find anything when I do.

As always thanks for your great work.
Old 2010.02.26, 11:53 AM   #13
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
We ran Ver.43 last night at our races, everything worked flawless. I got several comments on the end of race countdown. I had it set to count the last 10 seconds. It’s very cool.

Russ had mentioned to me that is would be cool have the starting horn sound at random intervals, rather than a countdown to the horn. Similar to how F1 works. With the lights. This way it’s a reaction time rather than just timing the horn. I know that you probably can’t to a random interval but maybe give it 3 or 4 different delayed options and have it rotate through them. This way you wouldn’t know what one is coming up next.

I didn’t notice anything not functioning they way it should and didn’t have any issue with the operation of the system. I haven’t checked out the reports or anything yet, I’ll let you know if I find anything when I do.

As always thanks for your great work.
The count down to the end of the race was another suggestion from Qon at Nanotrax. The other piece that I do not have done is an ending sound effect, so you can select a horn or beep or something to indicate the end of the race.

For the starting horn sound I do not understand what you are asking for. I have not watched F1 races before so unfortunately I am not familiar with it.

Are you saying you want the horn maybe to randomly sound at 3 seconds then the software says 2,1 then sounds again and for that random time to be configurable? Or are you not really wanting an explicit countdown so that people will not know quite when the horn will go? So you set it to 10 seconds but the software will choose a random number around 10 and not really count down just fire the horn for the start?

Thanks for the feedback
Old 2010.02.26, 12:50 PM   #14
LED

In formula one you have 5 red lights, they all go on one at a time until they are all on. Then they go all off and thats the starting signal. But the times it takes between the last light going on and all of them going out is different each race. So the start signal is not about timing but about reflex.
LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.26, 01:00 PM   #15
briankstan

yep, LED explained it better. I was thinking more along the lines of simulating the lights with the sound.

Like this.

Click start...

systems Says "Prepare to race"

then... Silence...

seconds pass... then...

Horn sounds. drivers hear it and off they go.

it could just be an option