Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.10.31, 05:13 AM   #16
Gladi8or

Hi guys, I agree with everything you say apart from the shaming bits, that's just it. We have bigger fish to fry than seating out because one guy is using a part... this should be extra wood for your fire to try to beat him without the gyro. I can give you an example, last meeting I tried for the first time in my life brushless cars... OMG! Pretty darn good! Are they cheating? No... do they have better cars... darn right, but I'm getting closer... and that's a nice objective for me, I take it as a challenge... Eventually I'll have to get one if I feel that I can't do much more, but for now, I'll squeeze every drop of juice from that orange.
I'm totally on your side regarding the classes, we should clearly spec the categories and make it more clear, but there's not much you can do when the big deal is pulling the fastest lap of the day, it's ALL-IN right? Being consistent is no longer needed, you just need to be fast. For instance, last meet, I did my best lap with a setup that was worse than the following ones, but I could actually nail that lap, compromising consistency for the sake of a good lap. With the setup that finally gave me confidence with my car, I couldnt be as fast. But we all know this right, qualification is one thing, race pace is the other, that's while Valentino Rossi keeps kicking a$$ on Sundays at 37 years of age...

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.10.31 at 05:17 AM.
Gladi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.10.31, 06:48 AM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i never understood the obsession with 'fastest lap' and still do not. at the end of the day, unless you can string them together with 'consistency' it really doesn't amount to much, if anything. it's simply one marker of many that one can use to gauge skill, performance but it's far from being the most important. i'll hop off my soap box now...

i went through great stress and countless years of experience and effort to reach a common core set of classes for our club that work well. you won't get 100% from everyone but what you have to realize and knowledge is, you likely never will. work to be inclusive vs. exclusive, offer something for most if not all and most importantly, don't be afraid to get creative once in awhile, it's supposed to be fun after all

i applaud and respect seeking consensus, not everyone interprets it's the same way though at some point however, you just have to lay down the law and make judgement calls. not all are going to like it but if your fair and reasonable about it, it should be respected.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.11.01, 03:43 AM   #18
Racer-HH

We had this discussion in our club with the introduction of gyros way back. At first erverybody was arguing about unfair advantages. But after the first few meetings everybody realized two important things: a) the fast guys will be the fast guys - with or without electronic aids. And b) - way more important - all lap times with gyro were slower than the ones without, as the assist system takes away power and steering. Therefore we did not ban it but emphasized on proper setup for everybody to improve lap times.

With this experience my advise is to keep calm and focus on enjoying your hobby time.
Old 2016.11.04, 08:30 PM   #19
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
With my limited gyro experience, I hated driving with it on.

The gyro limited rotation, and would counter steer into the outside wall on corner exit. With my mod car I was more than a second faster without the gyro than with it.

I tried to setup the car for the gyro, and the gap decreased,just a little, but it was still slower than my pro stock car on a relatively open circuit.

The gyro essentially came and went in our racing scene. Only when it first was released would people use it... A month later, there were no cars with gyros.

Honestly, anything more than a 48t atomic motor, or 43t Pn motor is too much motor for a mini rcp track. I've driven plenty of mini-tile, and best results were 50t/48t max. More motor = more error and broken parts. The gyro won't help running a hot motor with less errors, if anything it makes the car less predictable since you can't get the feel for the setup with the device making corrections.

personally, I feel that it should not be illegal, and that the users will eventually see that it is slowing them down and will pull it from the car on their own. By all means, restrict it for stock, but leave it in a mod/open class.

if people are bumping you out of the way in mod, they will do the same with or without the gyro
Old 2016.11.06, 03:25 AM   #20
herman

interesting read and great input guys...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote