Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.11.19, 02:10 PM   #1
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Setting up a reshuffle

Id like to know the proper steps to take to set up a reshuffle after the second round of qualifying. Ive accidentally figured it out a few times, but Id like to know how to do it on purpose.

Thanks for your help!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.19, 03:28 PM   #2
zround

Send a message via Skype™ to zround
There are three differents race format

- Heat and Mains: Racers are grouped depending on their ranking(*). There isn't resort on this format. Only staring grid order is changed based on the "Start Order" property.

- PN Racing. It's based on the PNRWC rules. I think this is what you want.
  • The Heats are configured based on the racer's ranking(*). The race tree holds two "Qualifying Heats" nodes, the first one has the first two rounds, the last one has the third round.
*******_pnformat.jpg
  • After the two first rounds are run you can see the sort by clicking on the first "Qualifying Heats" node. The "Generate Heats" button will be enabled.
*******_pnformat1.jpg
  • The Heats will be resorted and Round 3 can go.
*******_pnformat2.jpg

- Heat, Semifinal & Final: There is no resort on Heats, the difference is how the Mains are sorted. You can see the details in ZRound Quick Start Guide

(*) You always can put a racer on any heat by editing the inscription properties

I hope this helps. Regards.

Jesús
--------
http://www.zround.com

Last edited by zround; 2009.11.19 at 05:46 PM.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.20, 10:26 AM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I always set it up with PNRacing as the format. It only shows however many heats I input, but there is no reshuffle during the night. It would just be one tree, with three rounds in it. Im going to run out to the counter CPU and verify this though

FWIW, Im using the 1.7.5 version. This is the latest right?

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.11.20, 10:49 AM   #4
zround

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
I always set it up with PNRacing as the format. It only shows however many heats I input, but there is no reshuffle during the night. It would just be one tree, with three rounds in it. Im going to run out to the counter CPU and verify this though

FWIW, Im using the 1.7.5 version. This is the latest right?
With "PN Racing" format the race tree must have the two "Qualifying nodes" after the Heats are generated as you can see on the first image in the previous message. Your version is ok and must work as explained.

The latest release is 1.8.4 and 1.8.5 is comming soon ... Here you have the changes from 1.7.5 (reverse order):

• ZRound: Automactic classification reading (every X minutes). Only for Le Mans start mode races (not training
  • Minor translation issues solved
  • ZRound Manager: If a racer has not frequencies defined, he will be excluded from the conflict searching routine (i.e. 2.4GHz systems>

• ZRound Manager: Classification field is shown in Mains only for multi-round mains when other than the best are used for sorting
  • ZRound Manager: New "reports" option menu allows to generate heat/main sheets, classification results and racer registration
  • ZRound Manager: New "File/Open race folder" allows to open the windows explorer on the race directory where data, settings,log and html output are saved
  • ZRound Manager: Heat and Main Sheet report can be generated as HTML on default browser
  • ZViewer: You can choose which columns to show on the monitor view.

• First detection on Le Mans start mode can be configured to count the lap
  • Duration in laps can be forced to continue the race until all racers complete the lap count stablished
  • ZRound Manager: New button to apply pump up even if not all rounds are completed
  • Track Designer: w-oval kit is added to the "stock" menu
  • language files included

• AMB connection light indicator is switched on/off properly
  • Detection are registered from AMB connection until the race is started (the message car not registered is shown on the log)

• AMBrc protocol supported(serial port)
  • Slot rotation works based on the series count in Slot Mode. You must setup the series by heat as the slot count of your track

• ZRound uses DirectSound for overlapping sounds
  • Boost graphics output performance (monitor & raceplay)
  • ZRound allows racers to set his own training time (see racer registration form). Only works when system training time is 0
  • ZViewer supports multi-language user interface
Old 2009.11.21, 07:28 AM   #5
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Thanks a ton! I got it to work last night perfectly. Ive alwaays thought some steps in ZRound were a little tricky to figure out, and this is one of thos equirks. Youve ot to have the right thing highlighted to get it to work, its just not the sequencing of following steps. Ive always said though, once you know how somehting works, its simple to execute

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.11.21, 11:03 AM   #6
zround

I must say you are right about the "tricky" ways ... but it's also simpe to work with finally ... I hope.

Jesús
-------
http://www.zround.com
Old 2018.11.23, 04:32 PM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Does this mean you have 2 rounds of qualifying with no resort?

Is it possible to select the PN format, select 2 rounds only and have a resort for the 2nd round instead of the 3rd? I'm looking got 2 rounds total with a resort and not forward, reverse, the resort.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.25, 09:28 AM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I managed to figure this out as there are no instructions.

In setting up an event (I don't know that this is possible if not created as event), there is a 'resort' button to the bottom right. you will come back to this later.

I created classes using the PN Racing format that includes multiple rounds of qualifying. I unchecked 'Prequalify' option under training tab. No idea what this does so decided not to mess with it. I used the Q1+Q2+... method as we only wanted two rounds, not three.

Setup and run your first qualifier as you would typically do. Once all heats are done for Q1, go back to the Event screen and click the 'Resort' button while the class you are running is selected in the menu above. Go back to the class screen and click on Q1 and then 'Generate Heats' to the right. This will resort and populate Q2 using Q1 results. Keep doing this process up to Q5 is you wish however we stopped at Q2. Once Q2 was done, select qualifying heats in the left menu and then select 'Generate Mains' on the right.

This allowed us to run multiple rounds of qualifying, reshuffling between rounds and generate mains from these results. It would have been easy to follow the PN format but it requires more time than we had as we were aiming for 5 classes and finished 4! Not bad for a single day's racing.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote