Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > PN Racing

Old 2010.06.10, 02:22 PM   #16
Treadmule
Tire Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
how do you get any forward to back action with a solid mount?
See in this photo that there are 2 axes of rotation: one down the centerline of the chassis from front to back, the other across the back of the "firewall", just in front of the motor. That's the axis that provides the fore-aft motion you're talking about.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

I'm near the end of the adjustment range on my setup and I'm not using the damper plates that are provided in the kit on Phillips advice. I may try putting those parts back in to see how it works. This mount system is so totally adjustable that it's possible to arrive at a perfect setup - if you know what you're doing. I'm just a punter...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G-mount bottom.jpg (48.2 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg G-mount3.jpg (52.7 KB, 172 views)
Old 2010.06.11, 03:13 AM   #17
Felix2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
How do you feel the rear end feels compared to the standard setup?
Sorry for the late response. IMHO this mount is excellent.
Quality=A+ ;
Design=A+ ;
Performance=A
Even Pricepoint-wise I give it an A. It is kinda weird when you first install the PN Gimbaled pod+TDS system before connecting the top shock - The whole rear-end just flops around. With no T-plate there's no "bottom-chassis" rear suspension and even when you do attach the top shock the feel of the rear-end is more "open-feeling". The pod moves where it wants to with more ease, the motion is instant - Which you can see when the top shock isn't hitched-up to the rear pod. The PN Tri-Damper System does a very good job of controlling the compression and the unloading of the rear suspension.

For top shocks I am liking the PN "dual" top shock more the more I use it. First I tried the Kyosho yellow oil shock which I've always liked. With the Gimbaled rear-end it is difficult for me to get the right spring tension on the Kyosho oil shock. I tried the K yellow spring(hard) and had to use 4 of the K plastic C-clips to preload the spring enough in order to achieve an acceptable suspension tension. But with the K shock so heavily preloaded it didn't perform like it normally would and it had a weird progressiveness to it. I switched back to the PN dual shock and everything felt smoother.

I think people might compare this Gimbaled mount+TDS to the Atomic SAS for the MA010. It takes a lot of work to get the rear end dialed. There's more slop with the Gimbaled mount, just one of the downsides to having 2 shaft-driven pivot points - There's going to be some play in there or else the system will bind. I agree with what Old Crow mentioned about how H-plates and disk dampers can be imprecise. The Gimbaled mount is capable of being very precise, just more work is involved with setup & maintenance. But even maintenance isn't too bad, esp. if you don't run the disk damper with the TDS (Which is my preference).

***Recommended***
Old 2010.08.02, 01:13 AM   #18
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Is there any possibility that we will see a delrin block for the pivot? Im afraid that the alloy part will wear and start to get sloppy, delrin should hold up longer.
Old 2010.08.06, 03:37 AM   #19
cocowawa

getting rid of the t bars and the disk dampers is the best thing thats happening to miniz now,we are heading to 12 scale direction now with the tds and now these pivots,thx a lot pn its the way to go
cocowawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.06, 06:59 AM   #20
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Is there any possibility that we will see a delrin block for the pivot? Im afraid that the alloy part will wear and start to get sloppy, delrin should hold up longer.
How about adding very small bearings to the pivot points? Total would be 4 small bearings or bushings, or just something that is replaceable.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.06, 07:26 AM   #21
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
when will a mounting plate be made for the mr-03?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.06, 03:29 PM   #22
cocowawa

what i dont get is why would they do it for the mro2 first while the current is the03?are they promoting the 02 again,or it has somthing to do with chad nelson cars are all 02s and hes kicking arse with them
Old 2010.08.06, 03:38 PM   #23
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
This is long project before, so we only arrnage production on MR02, the MR03 not yet release when we production, so the MR03 mount will be coming soon, we also change the design of the MR03 Gimbaled T Mount

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.06, 03:56 PM   #24
cocowawa

ah ok it make sense now,thx for the reply
Old 2010.08.06, 04:32 PM   #25
EMU
EMUracing

Also, by the looks of things, it is MUCH easier to mount it to the MR02 chassis than the MR03 since the MR02 has the springs side by side instead of in front of eachother, so the hinge pin can fit between them.

Also, there are probably more MR02's out there than MR03...
Old 2010.08.06, 08:11 PM   #26
Arahawak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNracing View Post
This is long project before, so we only arrnage production on MR02, the MR03 not yet release when we production, so the MR03 mount will be coming soon, we also change the design of the MR03 Gimbaled T Mount
It be nice on the 03. can't wait.
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.07, 01:34 AM   #27
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowawa View Post
what i dont get is why would they do it for the mro2 first while the current is the03?are they promoting the 02 again,or it has somthing to do with chad nelson cars are all 02s and hes kicking arse with them
funny thing is that chad is not using this mount....lol chad is jus that good!...
we started prototyping the gimbaled mount just after the proto AAarm front came out!
me personally ... i love this setup! ..

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.07, 11:43 AM   #28
EMU
EMUracing

I just finished assembly on an old MR015 chassis without electronics. Just to see how everything goes together, and move to an MR02 when I get a chance. The rear end is very smooth. I am going to try it out today and move my 94mm ATM MR02 setup onto an MR03 to make room for this. Grant, what springs do you recommend for the Mosler? Where you using the top shock as well?

I will be using a standard MR02 front end for now... just to get the feel for the rear end first, and may try the A-Arm after I get the car working well.

This does look impressive. And is surprisingly low clearance despite how it looks in the pictures.
Old 2010.08.07, 08:48 PM   #29
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Grant, what springs do you recommend for the Mosler? Where you using the top shock as well?

I will be using a standard MR02 front end for now... just to get the feel for the rear end first, and may try the A-Arm after I get the car working well.

This does look impressive. And is surprisingly low clearance despite how it looks in the pictures.
for the mosler as well as pancar @ MHS i used yellow main spring and silver rebound spring on the top shock and preloaded blue springs on the side with both top and bottom disc damper plates and blue dds springs
note; after seing all the diifferent set ups i decided to try a few things on my set up last night @ kenon...i learned more about this set up yesterday...i didnt think it could get any better than what i had....but wow....it will get better!

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.07, 09:42 PM   #30
Treadmule
Tire Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
...i learned more about this set up yesterday...
Can you talk more about this? Like, what did you learn that others can also benefit from? Or is it a weapon in your secret arsenal now?