Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.03.25, 07:17 AM   #1
Blf

EX-6 and VE Pro

Has anyone else tried the new TX with a VE Pro on MHS mode? I just tried it for first time yesterday. I noticed a little more responsiveness but seems like servo is making glitching noise like a non ve - not sure if it's normal

I much prefer the feel and interface of my ex-1 but the car is running great on my track so

So to these who have the ex-6 and a ve pro ....... What do you think?
Blf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.25, 09:38 AM   #2
Kevinmueller
Bavarian Bullet

I switched over to the EX-6 and pro board from a Helios EX-10 and regular VE board. I noticed a large improvement in steering control and throttle feel, but it was largely due to the controller upgrade as the difference between my ASF car and MHS car using the EX-6 is much smaller but still noticeable. I would definitely recommend the controller if you have something other than the EX - 1 as the improvement is quite large. I have not had any problems with my servo glitching so maybe you have a bad pod/connection or the programming of the board is different from your old VE. If you program the dead band to narrow the servo will twitch back and forth when it's in the neutral position but it wouldn't glitch on the track, so it's probably not the case. You could have also damaged one of the servo gears slightly which sometimes seems like a glitch and is hard to detect without opening up the servo and checking all the gears. Hope that helps.
Kevinmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.26, 03:41 AM   #3
Blf

I should have used a better word - not actually affecting performance but just that noise you hear with the servo correcting. Ive used my ve pro with asf on my ex -1 and don't recall any chatter
My brothers be pro does the same - isn't there specifiic ve pro software to alter gain, dead band etc.? I've done it to my Mr 03s

Also both of ours had to be set to L11 and L15 respectively on subtrim as the wheels are ****ed a bit visibly after bind. I'm very familiar with the "set up " but is this MHS different?

Finally, this may have nothing to do with the above but even with balance set to favor a right turn im still not able to get the insanely tight radius turn I get to the left. I've tried numerous diff settings (Kyosho ball diff). I feel and see that on full throttle blips or close to it, the car will pull to the left.

Any ideas on what issue is? I have on PN top shock, PN dds, #6 pn plate (hard), PN reconfigure mm, 1 degree PN alum front top arms, low down knuckles too. Also running those 2 and 3 offset wheels with the mosler body ( was wondering about that affecting it with all the power of the 8500kv. Oh and is soft all around

Thanks again for the forum dialog guys! Awesome to have a sounding board like this
Old 2016.03.26, 06:00 AM   #4
Minizorro

There are so many places, at this scale, where a little differences between left and right can make the car steer differently, when you are lucky, or give you a tweaked car - which is the real issues it will never go straight.
I personally lost interest in trying to get a perfectly symmetrical mini-z.
I once tried to balance one using 4 micro scales, one per wheel, and try to add shims where I found parts not to be levelled.
I lost interest mainly because I believe the differential construction is just too non-symmetrical and even a perfectly tuned one will never give you the same torque on each wheel.
So since it's impossible -in my opinion- to have a symmetrical differential -and the differential is so important- I decided to accept the other little issues.
In your case, chances are that your insane turn can be reduced so it matches the other side, so at least you get a predictable behaviour.
Minizorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.26, 08:16 AM   #5
Blf

Makes me feel a little better But it irks me that I run an LM (VE), a 94mm MM (VE), 2x 98mm MM (VE) and a few ASF MR-03's and never noticed the balance so off --- do you or anyone else running the ve pro on MHS notice it pulls left under full throttle from a dead stop?

Even with the balance set for 60 left and 100 right it feels like its going wide on rights, getting off the power a bit helps but maybe I should try another diff out, softer t plate..... Any other suggestions to try at least?

Also, what with the "auto" trim set stuff on the EX-6 ? Im just doing all this manually as I did on the EX-10 and EX-1
Old 2016.03.26, 08:47 AM   #6
Kevinmueller
Bavarian Bullet

Ok so I did notice what you described with the car turning more to one side than the other when I switched to the EX-6. I know I fixed most of the problem with the Transmitter settings, but still had to adjust some car settings as was discussed above. If I can remember correctly I think my mistake was that I used the trim instead of the sub trim to set the steering to neutral (even though I thought I was setting the sub trim as you described). Getting to know a new transmitter after years of my old one took some time So if your accedently set the trim to L15 then it would make sense that it won't turn to the right as much. Check to make sure you didn't make the same mistake I did. I don't have my controller at the moment but I believe there is a graphic on the home screen or steering screen that when you turn the wheel a bar moves to show you how the steering is travelling. That helped me fix the problem as it was obvious the bar when to one side more than the other. I also set both right and left steering travel percentages to 70% because 100% as it seemed to make the steering very twitchy. I'll try to figure out any other settings I might have changed when I'm back home
Kevinmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.26, 12:49 PM   #7
Blf

Update - it's much better now that I took some shims off the diff and basically just took apart/reassembled everything. I still have to have the balance about 65/100 but its good like that with sub trim at L11

Do you notice the "MR-03 ASF" servo sound? Meaning that little chatter sound in MHS mode? I don't hear any of that chatter on my reg VE's? Is that a sign of the MHS sensitivity? Its not messing with steering as its great on track.

Also, to hi-jack my own thread , I put a new VE board in a 94mm chassis set up and it runs great but when you apply the lightest throttle pressure forward or reverse, it "cogs" and you can hold it like that, kind of a studder, then it engages with a touch more throttle and takes off and again, doing some good laps otherwise with it. It seems the VE's all do this to varying degrees but I guess I always fixate on the ones exhibiting the most drastic symptoms in the group!