Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.07.26, 03:37 PM   #1
Zephyranthes
Like the Wind

Send a message via AIM to Zephyranthes
15t motor?

Well it's been 2 years since I last drove my Mini-Z MR-01 because I burned out my fets. I decided to put in a Woah Nelly Deluxe turbo, and it can handle any motor you can throw at it. I was wondering how a 15t motor would perform in it. I currently have a 35t motor, and it is quite fast already.
Topcad alloy motor mount, Kyosho 12t pinion, GPM alloy servo gears, Topcad roll shocks, Kyosho rear damper, Kyosho X-speed, dry bearings, GPM alloy rims, GPM alloy flanged nuts, Kyosho clear chassis, GPM steel h plate, GPM 10 deg radials, GPM alloy knuckles 1 degree camber, and Topcad alloy steering bar 1 degree toe in, Kyosho ball diff, Wedgy's carbon fiber bumper
Zephyranthes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.26, 04:08 PM   #2
builthatch
yes, it's a boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyranthes
Well it's been 2 years since I last drove my Mini-Z MR-01 because I burned out my fets. I decided to put in a Woah Nelly Deluxe turbo, and it can handle any motor you can throw at it. I was wondering how a 15t motor would perform in it. I currently have a 35t motor, and it is quite fast already.
it would be good for nothing more than a straight line i can guess...

FS: several built "old school AM" MR-02s + stuffs
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.26, 09:13 PM   #3
nivlacs3z
GSR #222

Send a message via AIM to nivlacs3z
It'd be stupid to do any track racing with it. all you'll ever hear from it is endless spooling everywhere. XD
nivlacs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.27, 02:35 AM   #4
Zephyranthes
Like the Wind

where is the best place to get li-on cells?
Topcad alloy motor mount, Kyosho 12t pinion, GPM alloy servo gears, Topcad roll shocks, Kyosho rear damper, Kyosho X-speed, dry bearings, GPM alloy rims, GPM alloy flanged nuts, Kyosho clear chassis, GPM steel h plate, GPM 10 deg radials, GPM alloy knuckles 1 degree camber, and Topcad alloy steering bar 1 degree toe in, Kyosho ball diff, Wedgy's carbon fiber bumper
Old 2006.07.27, 03:21 AM   #5
ph2t

don't go below 20t with the deluxe Zeph... if you want to use a 15t you'd need the nelly EVO stacked turbo I sell....

Realistically though, you need lithium power to drive a sub 21 turn motor well enough, 4.8V just does not deliver enough power to turn those mega low motors enough to be usefull....

ph2t.
ph2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.27, 02:08 PM   #6
nivlacs3z
GSR #222

err... if you actually plan to mess with a 15T motor then get some li-poly. You'll want something with nice dimensions as well as 10c-20c discharge. The reason for the discharge is to allow the motor to draw a lot of amps. This can't be done with a li-ion setup because the max rate for them is 2c. 2c X 650mAh = 1.3amps continuous vs 10c x700mAh = 7 amps continuous. So.... take some measurements, pick out the right set of li-poly and do it yourself. Theres a lot of people that sell li-poly setups for xmods but im not sure if the same sets would fit on a miniz without modification to the chassis.
Old 2006.07.27, 02:24 PM   #7
Zephyranthes
Like the Wind

Can I run a Plasma Dash motor without getting an atomic case?
Old 2006.07.27, 03:08 PM   #8
nivlacs3z
GSR #222

yeah, you can but its a nice upgrade to get the atomic case.
Old 2006.07.27, 08:40 PM   #9
Zephyranthes
Like the Wind

Well I decided to run the plasma dash armature in my minizworkshop bb can until the Atomic can arrives in the mail. I decided to go with neo magnets instead of ferrites because the acceleration with a 12t pinion was a bit slow with the ferrites.
Old 2006.07.28, 12:44 AM   #10
nivlacs3z
GSR #222

0-0 err.... 12t? you should try 10t.... Do you race on rcp?
Old 2006.07.28, 03:32 AM   #11
jaeneke
miniZ teletubbie

i own a miniZworkshop gold 15T motor...

its stunning fast but only with a 6T !
it gets up to 37kmh on the speedchecker with fetupgrade and 4AAA batteries.

then i bought the li-ion kit from atomicmods to get some "punch" in there but the motor windings keep coming of when it turns on 7V... resulting in burned fet's...

ps : it is impossible to drive that thing on a RCP and i'm talking about the 4AAA batt setup because i never driven it with the li-ions.
with the AAA's its very hard to control, halfway the straight at our RCP track the car starts to come of the ground
HPI savage : 35 full fastlane alloy 4.6BB
hormann HT2 bigscale 26cc
team losi miniT PRO
team losi microT lipo
jaeneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.28, 11:02 AM   #12
nivlacs3z
GSR #222

loll yeah... see i dont think a lot of people understand that, that motor is just for straights/drag racing...
Old 2006.07.28, 11:48 AM   #13
jaeneke
miniZ teletubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivlacs3z
loll yeah... see i dont think a lot of people understand that, that motor is just for straights/drag racing...

pfff i dont care... i just "wanted" that motor

it is usable on a track but only with the li-ion kit and on a wide carpet track orso... or... for dragracing
HPI savage : 35 full fastlane alloy 4.6BB
hormann HT2 bigscale 26cc
team losi miniT PRO
team losi microT lipo
jaeneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.28, 12:44 PM   #14
Zephyranthes
Like the Wind

I heard running the li-on batteries even with the plasma dash, will ruin the batteries. Why is that.
Old 2006.07.28, 01:22 PM   #15
nivlacs3z
GSR #222

the plasma dash pulls quite a bit of amprage, the li-ions can do about 1.4amps continuous which is much less then NiMH and li-poly. Basically you will be lagging about 15 seconds into use. It will go fast and then the li-ion will give bottleneck your setup.