Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old 2004.01.24, 03:00 PM   #1
gigglesnirt

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt
True street racing, join team? u wanna?

title, is kinda ****ed up, but uh im getting near 16 and will be buying a car, i live in utah, and if there is anyone else out there who wants to street race, and doesn't blow all their money on Z's, then IM me on aol at gigglesnirt, its gunna be some fun stuff, the team name is Platinum imports, and we have quite a few members.
Old 2004.01.24, 04:09 PM   #2
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Re: True street racing, join team? u wanna?

Quote:
Originally posted by gigglesnirt
title, is kinda ****ed
gigglesnirt, kerb your language on the Forums!

Thanks

Mondo

The UberMod is back in town...
Old 2004.01.24, 07:25 PM   #3
RIGDone
015-Focus-3x2

Good thing you are located in Utah. That team name is already being used here in Northern California. I've seen them during a legal race event.
Old 2004.01.24, 09:08 PM   #4
marc12
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via AIM to marc12
your not even 16 yet?? and your looking to do the real deal street race. good luck, but i think its a bit crazy being so young,
1/10
Old 2004.01.24, 10:44 PM   #5
gigglesnirt

i've been

i have friends on the team, that i've gone to the races with, its really fun, and im prepared for wut will happen, so far, we've never been caught, but its been close, we've had to hide behind a semi truck while on the highway while the cop was on the other side of the semi, it was some wierd stuff.
Old 2004.01.25, 12:38 AM   #6
Wedginator

Send a message via ICQ to Wedginator Send a message via MSN to Wedginator
sounds kinda.... unbeleivable.... got pics of your "team"?
Old 2004.01.25, 12:48 AM   #7
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

gigglesnot,
'some do crazy stuff as kids. Hopefully, if you live long enough, you'll eventually grow up. Good luck to you and your 16yr old spirit.
Old 2004.01.25, 01:22 AM   #8
gigglesnirt

pics no,

i dont have pics srry, i never really take pics, its nothing like the fast and furious tho, it is actual racing, and i dont think i'll grow out of it, once you et into it, you never can get out, im opening up a garage in LA, later on in life, but thats if i dont became a pro racer, but im not o****ing on that anyway, so its just kinda wutever.
Old 2004.01.25, 01:29 AM   #9
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

*sigh* ...to be 16 (and delusional) again.
Old 2004.01.25, 08:07 AM   #10
metal_on_metal
Mini-Z Tuner

I used to do that stuff when I was younger. It's in the blood I guess.. ...my Dad told me of his races when he was a kid as well.

Bit-o-trivia time: My Dad grew up racing on the streets of Schenectady NY in the 60's. Back then there was a local speed shop owned by a Jack Muldowney; his wife used to streetrace Jack's Corvettes. His wife's name? SHIRLEY. Yep... ...the same one who went on to become the Top Fuel drag racer.

At any rate, I hope you get lucky like me and my Dad did.. ...IOW you never wound up hurting anyone and never got caught.

I started to grow out of it after I saw a fatal streetracing accident. I didn't want to end up like that nor did I want to wind up accidentally killing anyone over a street race.

Being part of the lifestyle is fun but the risks of actually doing it are not worth it IMHO.

Good Luck.
-Trevor
Old 2004.01.25, 08:20 AM   #11
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Growing up in the same area as Trevor, In high school we also went to the Neba's on state street and rt 7 (Shirley made this sub shop famous). We raced for money (some for pink slips) and this was in the late 70's. one friend had a elcamino (sp?) tricked out. He hit the wall of an overpass and ejected his little brother. Luckily all his brother had was glass embedded in his forehead, right arm and chest. He did survive and was poping the glass out of his face like zits for a year later. I had another friend not be so lucky. He was also a passenger, but in a van that was attending one of these races and enroute, they hit a tree, he was also ejected but didn't survive. We were seniors in high school at the time. one month from graduation. I hate to be a downer but be very careful. Your actions today can effect you for the rest of your life. Seeing a good friend lifeless on the side of the road is not something I wish happened. I am sure he would feel the same way.
Old 2004.01.25, 09:09 AM   #12
gigglesnirt

i woudn't worry

all my times i've gone to the races, i've never seen much, and the races we race in, are all open parking lots, with noone around, so most of the time if u lose control, just let the car do wut it wants and turns out fine, worst i've seen was just a small fender bender, and im not stupid enough to race in a residential area, or race at all in the daytime at that matter.
Old 2004.01.25, 09:55 AM   #13
Mondo

Street Racing

I'm against street racing for the obvious logical reasons.
Here's a Thread that may make you think twice before driving at breakneck speeds in urban areas.
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/sh...&threadid=7255

This was the result of a streetrace, so I know first hand about the tradgedy and misery that this kind of "sport" causes.

If you want to get some frustration out of your system, there is a better way:
http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/show...threadid=11598

Old 2004.01.25, 10:13 AM   #14
Mondo

Street Racing continued...

On Christmas day, my son, his mother and I went to put a wreath on the tree that Ashlee hit.
His Audi A3 slid into this tree sideways at well over 120mph killing Ashlee and his best freind Bradford.
This was the result of a street race. The best of it is that the car that shunted them into the tree didn't even stop.
The police did eventually catch the driver of the other car and a criminal case is still in progress.

The bottom line of this Post is:

- Street racing is just plain dumb
- Criminal cases don't bring dead family members back, they just prevent old wounds from healing
- There is a time and place for everything, the public roads are never the time nor place.

I certainly hope none of our younger Members' end up having wreaths laid in their memory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tree.jpg (55.2 KB, 21 views)

Old 2004.01.25, 10:15 AM   #15
gigglesnirt

im sorry for your loss,

but i assure you, the way we do it is different, i can get you some videos of where we race, we daont have people on the sidelines, or anything like that, all spectators have to stay behind the starting line, therefore nobody to crash into, and in a walmart parking lot at 12 in the morning, i dont think we would have many problems with other cars, the fast and the furious has given a bad name for street racing, and it has made it worse too, in san diego, they actually closed off a highway once to race, and im sorry for how its been changing into more dangerous stunts, but in SLC we do purely how its been since we could remeber, and the cars are safer, not those oldy muscle cars, these cars have good crash ratings, and people equipped them with more than engine parts for hosrepower gains, they add safer brakes, suspension, rollcages, and safety harneses with SCCA certified racing buckets, today, its probably the safest street racing has ever been, except for when some dumbass who thinks he owns the place comes in, and tries to act like a pro, and do something stupid, and when they do, they put other people in danger, and its these people who are the ones who should be blamed, but most racers aren't the type of people who dont care for others, all the other racers understand that there are risk's, and they accept the concequences in these risk's, and if the race track was open everynight for racing, it owuld almost take care of the problem, except for those people who do stupid things, they would be out just for the thrill of getting away with it, and maybe if we had better tracks out here, WITHOUT rednecks who just say jap-crap to all our cars, when their's couldn't run 12's, maybe streetracing would stop, atleast in our area, but until these rednecks dont stop being immature, and these kids stop trying to show off, im afriad street racing isn't dying any time soon, and im sorry for that, but its how the system is, and as places like san diego might have the worst reputated street racing, SLC is nothing like it, SLC is safer, and we dont just think about the speed, atleast most of us dont just think about the speed.

down below is a pic of one of our racing spots, our most popualr, and at night there's not one car there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p7060028.jpg (191.0 KB, 19 views)
Closed Thread