Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.04.07, 03:54 PM   #1
J-Milz

Atomic BZ

The new Atomic BZ looks great. I pre ordered mine already.
http://youtu.be/ndbeob2qDiM
Old 2016.04.08, 06:07 AM   #2
Minizorro

Belt driven 4wd brushless lipo, that is going to be fast!
Minizorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.08, 06:49 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
links:
Atomic's main wepage

Instruction manual

you can of course find it on their social media page as well.

Wheelbase options:
90mm, 94mm, 98mm

sadly, does not appear to support 102mm

updated the site to include this chassis and moved this thread appropriately.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.04.08 at 09:06 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.08, 07:03 AM   #4
Thorvald

Anyone make a small enough Rx that is compatible with ASF/MHS? Doesn't look like Atomic's is. They do offer the car with a small ESC but then you still need to find a small enough Rx.

Guess could stick in a micro Spektrum or something.
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.08, 07:37 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the whole frequency issue is what has kept me from dipping my feet in the pool so to speak. i do not want to support multiple systems nor the expense of a higher end radio to support multiple systems. That and a servo that matches the speed, re-centering ability and responsiveness of the stock servo.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.08, 09:21 AM   #6
gctkaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
Anyone make a small enough Rx that is compatible with ASF/MHS? Doesn't look like Atomic's is. They do offer the car with a small ESC but then you still need to find a small enough Rx.

Guess could stick in a micro Spektrum or something.
Clone of Gogolap receiver: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40446
I have one running in an Atomic AMZ, works great.

The servo is still a problem, for all the shortfalls arch2b has pointed out. Supposedly the digital MG servo is the answer, but I'm not paying $35 for that Probably have some better options if using the floating servo mount, but I missed the boat on that, sold out at EGR Mart before I even found out about it.
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.08, 09:54 AM   #7
J-Milz

I got an email from EGR mart stating my BZ has shipped. IM EXCITED TO GET BACK INTO MINI! I also ordered a Savox servo for $25. Hope it all goes well.
http://www.savoxusa com/Savox_SH0262...avsh0262mg.htm

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.04.08 at 10:30 AM. Reason: link with pricing
J-Milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.08, 09:19 PM   #8
Thorvald

Let us know how it goes and how you set it up.

Cheers
Tim
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.11, 12:42 PM   #9
doug01n

Send a message via MSN to doug01n
I have a 2WD AMR with savox 261 servo.... And it runs great. I'm on the pre order list with a shipped BZ with Metal ESC. There is a small RX ASF unit available at EGR Racing for U$19.

Pretty excited with this one!
doug01n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.25, 11:40 AM   #10
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi! Just wanted to let you all know the BZ (and parts) has landed in the shop and is ready to ship!
Thanks!
Meridith
Mrs Mini-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.05.01, 01:58 PM   #11
J-Milz

So my preorder finally arrived from egrmart. While I was assembling it (wish I had smaller hands) I noticed that I was missing an aluminum 2.5 upper bulk. There were (3) 0 degree upper bulks and (1) 2.5. I really dont want to have to ship the car all the way back to Hong Kong. Any suggestions?
Old 2016.05.01, 07:48 PM   #12
KWT

Contact them and see if they can send you the correct part.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.05.04, 09:50 PM   #13
DMALMAD

Been out of touch with the newest and greatest next best thing for Mini-Z recently but I am trying to get back into the swing of things and this caught my eye... anyone have anything decent to say about it? For the price it looks promising.. a lot better than the $600 paper weight with the x-power logo I have sitting in my pit box. Anyways I am probably gonna order one and see how it goes.

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.05.05, 06:36 AM   #14
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Had the opportunity to see one in action this past weekend. Impressive, really good quality as you might expect from Atomic. Once the silicone based Atomic tires were discarded and a set of Kyosho rubber installed it was devastatingly fast on a too wide open RCP circuit in the hands of a highly skilled larger scale Touring car pilot. Car equipped with 7.4 Lipo and 5500 VE motor is a good package as a support class or open mod competition class in conjunction with Mini-Z's. I wouldn't blend the two together for regular racing. At full power it was easily 3 seconds per lap quicker, once the throttle was set back to 30% it becomes just slightly better than a well tuned legal 70T on a properly set up 03 chassis. Will they catch on? Possibly. Just don't see a future for another overpowered dart without feathers that has to be detuned 70% to not have an overwhelming advantage over a Mini-Z. Can't see why anyone would want to invest in one for that purpose.

Should the hobby embrace all these offerings from various manufacturer's? Absolutely. They possess the hook for the larger scale guys that incorrectly believe that a Mini-Z is a toy. Wherever possible local clubs should set up a class that keeps everything with a non Kyosho part numbered chassis in a separate class. To do anything else creates the impression that one of these exotics is a must have in order to enter the hobby. However, in a support role they have the opportunity to gain acceptance and perhaps even growth as newer entries to the hobby become more comfortable with the basics and choose to progress to the much faster chassis designs as opposed to feeling that they must just to get in the door..
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.05.05, 10:59 AM   #15
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Had the opportunity to see one in action this past weekend. Impressive, really good quality as you might expect from Atomic. Once the silicone based Atomic tires were discarded and a set of Kyosho rubber installed it was devastatingly fast on a too wide open RCP circuit in the hands of a highly skilled larger scale Touring car pilot. Car equipped with 7.4 Lipo and 5500 VE motor is a good package as a support class or open mod competition class in conjunction with Mini-Z's. I wouldn't blend the two together for regular racing. At full power it was easily 3 seconds per lap quicker, once the throttle was set back to 30% it becomes just slightly better than a well tuned legal 70T on a properly set up 03 chassis. Will they catch on? Possibly. Just don't see a future for another overpowered dart without feathers that has to be detuned 70% to not have an overwhelming advantage over a Mini-Z. Can't see why anyone would want to invest in one for that purpose.

Should the hobby embrace all these offerings from various manufacturer's? Absolutely. They possess the hook for the larger scale guys that incorrectly believe that a Mini-Z is a toy. Wherever possible local clubs should set up a class that keeps everything with a non Kyosho part numbered chassis in a separate class. To do anything else creates the impression that one of these exotics is a must have in order to enter the hobby. However, in a support role they have the opportunity to gain acceptance and perhaps even growth as newer entries to the hobby become more comfortable with the basics and choose to progress to the much faster chassis designs as opposed to feeling that they must just to get in the door..
Thanks for the response, that was exactly what I was looking to hear. I think this is a fun project or side car that is available at a reasonable price. Odviously 4wd is not going to blow away the 2wd but it looks much better quality than the plastic amz and definetly something good to show 10th scale guys who were too afraid of the x-power price tag.

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote