Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.01.15, 12:41 PM   #61
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
4 days != a week... and some users may not use f******k.
i don't and never will. it's a professional liability too many people using it in very stupid ways.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.17, 08:09 AM   #62
J-Milz

http://www.minizracing.it/minizshop/...oducts_id=4685

I found them here. It's a bit pricey IMO.
Old 2014.01.17, 08:40 AM   #63
minittrackmann

I believe that price is without a lipo as well. Nice find jamil!
minittrackmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.17, 09:17 AM   #64
J-Milz

Plus the beating you'll receive on shipping. I'll wait
Old 2014.01.17, 10:04 AM   #65
minittrackmann

Are they a euro company?
minittrackmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.17, 02:42 PM   #66
r46

Quote:
Originally Posted by minittrackmann View Post
Are they a euro company?
yes in italy

Dnano
#911 #Enzo #Lambo
Motoracer x2
02ex Hfay
02mod
03 Hfay
03 mod
03VE
F1ve
020 50t
030evo
AMZ
GL racing Rider

TZ4
reserved for
r46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.18, 02:39 PM   #67
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi All! Just wanted to let you know that the Atomic AMZ Chassis and Transmitter Set arrived yesterday and is available for sale now at shop.tinyr.com
Mrs Mini-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.19, 08:22 AM   #68
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mini-Z View Post
Hi All! Just wanted to let you know that the Atomic AMZ Chassis and Transmitter Set arrived yesterday and is available for sale now at shop.tinyr.com
Great!!! I am looking forward to getting mine
Old 2014.01.19, 08:45 AM   #69
J-Milz

What size lipo battery is required? Anybody have dimensions?
Old 2014.01.20, 01:25 AM   #70
gctkaz

Quote:
Great!!! I am looking forward to getting mine
Me too! I couldn't wait for EGR to get their stock, but free USPS Priority shipping from TinyRC is good enough for me! Thank you for the heads-up, Missus Mini-Z, you rightly earned this sale from me.

I think I got the 2nd-to-last one
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.21, 04:45 PM   #71
911need

Has anyone received a new AMZ and checked it out to see if it works with a Ko mini-z module?
911need is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.21, 04:58 PM   #72
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Milz View Post
What size lipo battery is required? Anybody have dimensions?
I havent received mine yet... But I will let you know what dimensions they are. I have a few cells on the way that I want to try with the MRX that may fit this. Although, they are single cells... I also have the MRX cells, which are about 45x20x10 that I can try...

Once I get the chassis, I will update and let you know.

As far as radio, I really don't think that it is compatible with the KO ASF module... although, it may be possible with the FHSS? More will be known once they are received by the racers. I do want to try to use my Helios at least, or be able to buy a mid level radio for it. I wouldnt want to spend $200 on a radio or module to use the car with advanced functionality...
Old 2014.01.21, 06:53 PM   #73
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi All!
Just wanted to let you know everyone who ordered the AMZ over the weekend should receive it soon - they shipped out today (delayed a day due to the MLK postal holiday yesterday).

Also, we should be getting more next month. I can put them up for pre-order if you'd like once I get confirmation on our numbers.

Lastly (but not least) batteries and parts are in the works. Getting them asap and will update you when I have a definite ETA (yes, a definite estimate! ).

Thanks for making the AMZ chassis launch at shop.tinyrc.com a great success! Thanks too for your patience as we get parts/accessories/more chassis as soon as we can. We, as always, are working hard for you.

Mrs. Mini-Z
Mrs Mini-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.21, 07:22 PM   #74
gctkaz

Quote:
I havent received mine yet... But I will let you know what dimensions they are. I have a few cells on the way that I want to try with the MRX that may fit this. Although, they are single cells... I also have the MRX cells, which are about 45x20x10 that I can try...

Once I get the chassis, I will update and let you know.

As far as radio, I really don't think that it is compatible with the KO ASF module... although, it may be possible with the FHSS? More will be known once they are received by the racers. I do want to try to use my Helios at least, or be able to buy a mid level radio for it. I wouldnt want to spend $200 on a radio or module to use the car with advanced functionality...
I'll leave the exact measurements to you!

For the batteries, at least on this preview (in French) from last year, it was tested with a 300mAh Turnigy nano-tech. It appears to be this one for a Blade 130X heli, with a single 3-pin JST-PH discharge plug which goes straight into the Rx/ESC unit from the right side.
I doubt Atomic changed the hardware much since last year so I have gone ahead and ordered 6 of those batteries from HK's US warehouse, they were under $5 each. I will have to make my own balance/charging cable for these, until I get a para-board.
The chassis appears to have some battery retainers so there might only be room to go upwards for a larger battery, or a wider battery can maybe go in vertically.

I would actually be quite interested to see if this thing will run on 1S LiPo. I already have both the LED and LCD Hobbywing program cards so I will see what kind of settings are available for cut-off and such. Again, just need to make my own adapter.

As far as the radio goes, the stock radio with the dials looks serviceable enough for just a single car. I think the most likely candidates for compatible computer-based radios would be the Turnigy 3XS or HK-310. They are stocked at the US warehouse so I might be willing to risk the $40 or so to give it a try later on.

This is all speculation, of course. Hope to update soon once I receive my car!
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.21, 09:51 PM   #75
EMU
EMUracing

I ordered a couple of these for my MRX: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20386
They are 43x24x9mm... I will test fit them on the AMZ stacked and see how they fit. They will be considerably larger than the 300mah that you linked (the one that the AMZ was designed for supposedly), but I think I will need more than 300mah to get 10min runtime. With a 2wd brushed MRX, I can get just about 10min with a 48t ATM Stock motor with the stock X-power 560mah Lipo packs.

Looking at this picture in the BLOG DE WWW.MINI-VOITURE-RC.COM ... it looks like there may be just enough room to fit the 750 cells stacked... I have to see if they make a 2s version of that pack.

In addition, I was concerned that the mass of the 750mah cells may throw off the balance, but I see that an additional 10g of lead has been put on the battery side of the chassis, so I will assume that this is a balanced car.
750mah = 18g each cell, so 18g x 2 = 36g total, -10g lead = 26g
300mah = 16g, +10g lead = 26g...
so 10g of lead would need to be moved to the motor side of the chassis to balance the car.

I think that the MRX batteries may be a little too large to stack (or mount side by side). It would have been nice to see a side picture with the battery to see where it matches the chassis.

Just to get the data consolidated:
Nano-Tech 3.7v 750mah 43x24x9mm, 18g
Nano-Tech 7.4v 300mah 44x18x12mm, 16g
MRX 3.7v 560mah 45x20x11mm, 16g

In comparison, the suggested 300mah cell is very similar in size to the MRX cell... so, it may be a stretch to have two of them on the battery side... and it would definitely increase the CG, although should still have a lower CG than the MA-010 in theory. An adapter would also need to be made to run the cells in series, which will further increase the mass...

I am going to keep my eye out for cells that may fit the chassis that are close in size but larger capacity...