Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > 1/28 Scale Chassis Discussion > iWaver > iWaver

Old 2005.04.15, 12:24 AM   #1
Nismo847

IW 02 and the Kyosho X-Speed Mini-Z Motor V

Can the IW 02 fets take the Kyosho X-Speed Mini-Z Motor V???
Nismo847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.15, 12:46 AM   #2
JustinL42

My Iwaver 02 has survived about one and half track days and some street driving so far with the kyosho x-speed with no problems. Can't give a long term report yet, but I think if there were going to be problems they would have come up pretty quickly.

JustinL42
JustinL42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.15, 03:45 AM   #3
will3kgt

Yes you can run a Kyosho X-speed with no problem.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.15, 06:44 PM   #4
saiyan
BooYa!!

I have the IW02 pro with the factory upgraded 5 amp fet and i know for sure that it will handle the x-speed motor and some of the other pnspeedy motors of similar stats to the xspeed. I still plan to get a 'woah nelly' turbo and build a plasmatomic motor for it here in the next couple of weeks. YEAh BABY!! I love all of my mini-z, but my IW02 pro is the one i drive the most, outside of my OLs that is.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.15, 07:32 PM   #5
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
Yes the IW02 will handle the Kyosho X-Speed motor........

Quote:
I have the IW02 pro with the factory upgraded 5 amp fet and i know for sure that it will handle the x-speed motor
Explain to us how you recieved a IW02 PRO when no such car is available?
IW offers a IW01 Pro with upgraded 5A Fets, but the IW02 does not come with these Fets, the only other IW to get those 5A Fets is the IW04.
So you really have us confused.

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.15, 07:54 PM   #6
saiyan
BooYa!!

I've been asked this on another thread to. I got this off of the 'bay through Iweaver ( they have a store on there) and it was listed as a IW02 Pro and it stated it in their auction as well. I had gone on their home web sights a few days ago to look at some stuff and notice that i did not see it in their line up. But when i emailed them before placing my bid for clarification on the 'pro' part they responded with that it was because of the upgraded fet. I have yet to tear down my IW02 to double check if it is indeed a 'pro', but i don't plan to untill something breaks or i get my 'whoah nelly' and plasmatomic motor built and install it. I have pics of the car in my gallery if you've not yet seen it.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2005.04.15, 08:04 PM   #7
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
Was just wondering since a 02 Pro is not listed on thier site and the ebay site lists them as Pro but does not say they have the new Fets....either way the cars run great....and yes I have seen them, I have one on my bench......I did go a replace my Fets with a set of 4562's just to be more than safe.

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.16, 09:17 AM   #8
lightfighter
MINI-Z SOLDIER

DBR I ordered the replacement chassis and I got 2 IW02 pros........they have noticable improvments over the first batch of models
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.16, 11:30 AM   #9
saiyan
BooYa!!

Yeah i'm glad i waited as long as i did to order my IW02 so that i could get one from the new batch. It wasn't planned, i just got lucky.
Old 2005.04.17, 09:06 PM   #10
Desmo

the IW02's that T E is shipping now all have the new "pro" boards. I have three of them. They have black wheels and foam tires now too. The bad part is on all three the foam tires where flat spoted from the box! I have run one with a iwaver x speed pro and it works great. It went from 18kph on my speed checker stock to 39kph with the pro motor. It even spun the tires off the wheels.
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.20, 12:24 PM   #11
saiyan
BooYa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo
........ I have run one with a iwaver x speed pro and it works great. It went from 18kph on my speed checker stock to 39kph with the pro motor. It even spun the tires off the wheels.
That would be a cool vid. Soak the foam is bleach and have it do a burn-out. Then just as it winds out the foam go flyin off leavin smoke trails.

And yes, i know that it wouldn't work that way , hhmmmm but maybe with lighter flu.......
Old 2005.04.20, 07:00 PM   #12
rayban
Rayban is curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfighter
DBR I ordered the replacement chassis and I got 2 IW02 pros........they have noticable improvments over the first batch of models
Ok guys thats great news!!! Finally Iwaver02 with pro boards!
I,ve burned my board including the upgraded fets!
Can you tell me the easiest way to order these upgraded iwaver02s with
proboard?? or just the probaords! I live in holland so it will be shipped from far i think??
So these new boards will have no more steeringproblems with stronger motors??
Waiting for for reply thanx
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.20, 08:04 PM   #13
JustinL42

I'm now running my IW02 with the kyosho x-speed motor armature transplanted into an atomic bb can with neo mags and carbon brushes. Our lhs is upgrading to a new track location so haven't run on a track but I'm running outdoors on pavement with xmod foams on the rear and I think 20 deg treads on the front. this thing has loads of torque and pick up with the atomic can and kyosho x-speed combo. No problems and I don't have the new 02 pro boards. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the architecture of the 01 pro board and the 02 pro board? I have an 01 pro board in my xmod that I could use if I fry the stock board in my 02.

JustinL
JustinL42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.21, 03:16 AM   #14
saiyan
BooYa!!

Supposedly the 01 and the 02 are the same. When ordering make sure it has the 5A fet. If your not sure just go with the new 04 boards as they are for sure supposed to have the 5A fet.

Rayban, You can try the shop here with an e-mail as to what you want. Also i know that iwaver has a store on ebay and sell alot of their chassis there. That's where i got my IW02 that was listed as a 'pro' with the 5A installed.
Old 2005.04.21, 11:34 AM   #15
rayban
Rayban is curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyan
Supposedly the 01 and the 02 are the same. When ordering make sure it has the 5A fet. If your not sure just go with the new 04 boards as they are for sure supposed to have the 5A fet.

Rayban, You can try the shop here with an e-mail as to what you want. Also i know that iwaver has a store on ebay and sell alot of their chassis there. That's where i got my IW02 that was listed as a 'pro' with the 5A installed.
How can the pcb board of 01 and 02 be the same???
The 02 has breakfunctions and the 01 not???
saiyan thanx for your reply, i'm waiting for PH2T and his woah nelly,
if this isn't working i will order a new Iwaver or maybe a Kyosho
board!!!
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote