Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.10.13, 08:40 AM   #16
wolfman

Thanks for the reply.
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.13, 08:29 PM   #17
monkeyZ
The Race Dictator!

Just a friendly reminder for saturday!

BATTERIES!!!!!
There will be basically 5 or 6 total battery events. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

30 minute Practice Session
15 minute single fast lap Qualifying

with

Sprint Main 1 (10 minutes)
Sprint Main 2 (10 Minutes)

or
An Enduro Main (20 Minutes)

So, that basically means that you will use 5 or 6 sets of batteries during the night. To help things go smoothly it would be a good idea to charge your cells before and then just top them off at the race before we run. There will be minimal time between Qualifying and the Races. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

Qualifying
Points for qualifying order
Places 1 through 10 will get 10 points down to 1 point.

Races
Again Places 1 through 10 receive points.

In sprint races 1st place will get 10 points down to 1 point for 10th place.
1 - 10
2 - 9
3 - 8
4 - 7
5 - 6
6 - 5
7 - 4
8 - 3
9 - 2
10 - 1

In enduro races the points will simply double with 1st Place taking 20 points and 10th place taking 2 points.
1 - 20
2 - 18
3 - 16
4 - 14
5 - 12
6 - 10
7 - 8
8 - 6
9 - 4
10 - 2

A few guidelines for the racing etiquette:

1. Space will be tight in the dojo around the track so we need to be mindful or obstructing the view of other people on the driver stand.

2. Since space is limited you may have to walk behind the rest of the drivers to another opening between the main rooms to put your car back on the track. Try not to run in front of other drivers to grab a car during the race. (This may be difficult as the space is limited)

3. If you crash during the race and can rejoin by reversing your car you need to wait until the main pack has passed you and an opening in the track is available to rejoin the pack.

4. Execute clean passes!!! Build your driving skill and try to pass without "crash passing" people. This means you may have to actually follow someone for an entire lap to find an opening instead of bullying your way past. Driving through another car isn't the way to pass people.

5. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

Overall, let's have a good time and get a good points series going. If you have any questions or concerns about the points or racing etiquette suggestions please let David or myself know. We are trying to balance a fun time with as much racing as possible. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

Thanks and I look forward to good times racing or in the bar next to the track while you guys race and I yell.
BT
The Race Dictator

Last edited by monkeyZ; 2011.12.06 at 09:46 PM.
monkeyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.13, 09:04 PM   #18
monkeyZ
The Race Dictator!

BTW - We are running the layout Okabe-san suggested on the 1st page of this thread.

Last edited by monkeyZ; 2011.10.13 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2011.10.14, 05:29 PM   #19
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
Wont make the 15th, will be in Chicago.

~My Cars~

RWD:
MR-015 iSeries (AM, present to girlfriend - fun)
MR-015 (AM, no pics, loaner to friends - fun)
MR-02 (AM, no pics, driven by girlfriend - racing)
MR-02 (ASF, pics of old body - racing)
MR-03VE PRO (LM mount - fast racing)
Formula 1 (ASF converted - racing)

AWD:
MA-010 (ASF conversion in progress, no pics - racing)
MA-010 (AM, on conversion list, no pics - drift/fun)

FWD:
MA-03F (An experiment...)
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.15, 04:54 PM   #20
mini-z
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
Hello long time no see... I have been busy doin David's mom Is the new location wheelchair friendly?
Hahahaha awesome. So, the front (where we race) s/b totally accessible - I'm unsure about the parking part, i.e. it w/b on the street at meters etc. - but after that, the sidewalk, door, inside etc. s/b good. Please call me on my cell if you need anything! So great to hear from you/hi to mom!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.15, 05:02 PM   #21
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deca View Post
So you want to alternate layouts each race? My first thought is that we should keep one layout for 4 weeks and then switch for the next 4, just for more consistency and time to get the car tuned to the track (if we ran one track that long I might actually figure some way to alter my setup to better fit the track :P)

But I dunno, maybe I won't feel that way once we get going. What does everyone else think on the matter?
You are correct, we race on one track for 4 events, then the other for the next 4. This allows for optimization of setup, not to mention the chance to name the corners over time etc.!
Old 2011.10.15, 05:03 PM   #22
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo-Pete View Post
We have a race on Saturday night of Halloween weekend?

That's one of the most fun bar/concert/event nights of the year. If I'm at the race that night, it means I failed at life. lol
The irony being that the only reason we're running that night is that we pushed back from running 10/1 because you said you couldn't make it that night!

How would everyone feel about running earlier in the day then?
Old 2011.10.15, 05:21 PM   #23
MRDAVT
nihon-jin

I will go around 8:00 pm.
MRDAVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.16, 12:33 PM   #24
mini-z
Administrator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
The irony being that the only reason we're running that night is that we pushed back from running 10/1 because you said you couldn't make it that night!

How would everyone feel about running earlier in the day then?
Perhaps no need now since John is out of town that weekend...?
Old 2011.10.23, 06:25 PM   #25
monkeyZ
The Race Dictator!

Points standings after round one!

Don't forget you get one drop for the series so don't feel like you are out of it!

Okabe 30
Mini-z 27
YoyoPete 20
Deca 21
Will3000GT 22