Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.07.05, 12:40 PM   #1
sleekun
Sleekun

July 16th Race in Holly Springs, NC

Hey all, if anyones interested I'm hosting another mini-z race at my place July 16th 2016 in Holly Springs, NC (south of Raleigh). We値l use July 23rd as a backup day if rain and/or High Heat is a problem. Practice 1 PM with Racing starting about 3 PM.

We had a decent turn out last time and raced all the way up to about 8 PM or so, hopefully we値l get more and more as time goes on. I've got Three mini-96 tracks with One expansion pack, so if weather holds out we'll run it out the garage and have a large track setup, we値l be using kyosho IC Tag timing system with Flip Side Racing. Likely we値l do a Points for Position style of racing. We値l run a Stock and Modified class which I値l provide more details on if anyone is interested. Unlimited class in case someone wants to run AWD, brushless, or something out of the norm.

NO FEES! Just running for fun to try and get interest going more in the community around the Triangle area.

Anyone interested PM me and we'll connect on the Face social media network so I can send you an invite.

There's also a hobby shop in Wake Forest that's going mobile and hopefully sometime soon can host Mini-z races at various locations around the Triangle area, so watch for Hi Tech Hobbies and if interest gets big enough they'll start stocking more parts/cars. They have two mini-96 tracks and expansion back and kyosho IC tag system as well.

Thanks everyone!
Brian
Old 2016.07.05, 02:33 PM   #2
sleekun
Sleekun

video from June race

Here's 5 minutes of our last 8 minute final race for modified class, i still need to upload the full video at some point just haven't had time.

https://youtu.be/pQm_Hct7d9w
Old 2016.07.05, 05:45 PM   #3
sleekun
Sleekun

more info

here's some info on classes, just trying to kepp it simple

Race Rules & Format

RACE CLASSES
2WD Stock , 2WD Modified (a.k.a. Pro-Stock), Unlimited

Specific Class Requirements:

2WD Stock Class
Models Kyosho Mini-Z MR01, MR015, MR02 and MR03.
Wheel base 90mm to 102mm
Motor has to be original stock class motor included with the car.
Motor connect wire modification allowed (in case it痴 pinched or broken) but no other modification to the motor are allowed.
Optional parts allowed are:
Kyosho Circuit Tuning Pack Model# MZW2015MM, MZW2015RM or any of the individual components of the tuning pack are allowed for tuning the stock car. (e.g. Radial Tires (Front 8.5mm 30 deg Racing Radial, Rear 11mm 20 deg Racing Radial, Carbon and Fiber T Plates, Purple & Red Springs, and Bearings)
Lemans tires included with the stock LM kits are allowed (40 deg front slicks, 30 deg rear slicks)
Tires that are included with the car out of the box are allowed.
Body must be original Kyosho hard body (no lexan windshields)
No modifications to electronics including FETS, ESC, RX, etc.
Must be powered by four AAA batteries. Alkaline, Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries may be used. No other type of battery may be used. For example: Lithium Polymer may not be used.
Maximum front wheel width is 8.5mm. Maximum rear wheel width is 11mm. Maximum wheel diameter is 21mm. LM-size wheels and tires are allowed. All wheel rims must be original design made for Mini-Z RACER, any modification is not allowed, any slot-car design wheel not allowed )

2WD Modified Class
Models Kyosho Mini-Z MR01, MR015, MR02 and MR03.
Wheel base 90mm to 102mm
Motor can be original stock or Kyosho X-speed motor, no other motor modification allowed other than lead wires may be changed/replaced
Stock Motor Pod (no aluminum or aftermarket motor mounts)
Optional parts allowed:
Any brand of production Rubber Mini-Z tire ONLY (Foam tires, Silicon tires, Urethane tires, Ethyl Carbamate tires NOT allowed.)
Any Ball Differential
Any Front Springs or Rear Oil Springs
Any T plates
Body must be original Kyosho hard body (no lexan windshields)
No modifications to electronics including FETS, ESC, RX, etc.
Must be powered by four AAA batteries. Alkaline, Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries may be used. No other type of battery may be used. For example: Lithium Polymer may not be used.
Maximum front wheel width is 8.5mm. Maximum rear wheel width is 11mm. Maximum wheel diameter is 21mm. LM-size wheels and tires are allowed. All wheel rims must be original design made for Mini-Z RACER, any modification is not allowed, any slot-car design wheel not allowed )

Unlimited Class
Models Kyosho Mini-Z MR01, MR015, MR02, MR03, MA-010, MA-020, and non-kyosho brand Mini-z 1/27 scale pan cars, Atomic chassis, etc. (must fit in wheelbase and size requirements)
2WD and 4WD allowed
Wheel base 90mm to 102mm
Any motor including brushless
Any power source including Lipo
Any Option parts
Body must be a full body but lexan windows are allowed.
Maximum front wheel width is 11mm. Maximum rear wheel width is 14mm, maximum wheel diameter is 21mm

Points for Position RACE FORMAT
There will be ONE qualifier run to determine start order, THREE Heats, and ONE Main for each class.

Qualifier:
∙ There will be ONE qualifying run for each class to determine start order of the first heat.
∙ Qualifying will be a 2 minute timed staggered start
Most laps in 2 minutes
Heats:
∙ There will be THREE Heats of 5 minutes for each class.
∙ Racers will be re-shuffled each round based previous results and use a grid start (1st Heat will be based on the qualifying run laps/time)
∙ The starting order for each run will be based on the number of laps run in the time allowed for the previous heat/qualifier.
∙ Points will be awarded based on the finishing position (e.g., 1st place gets 1 point, 2nd place gets 2 points, 3rd 3 points, etc.)
Main:
∙ All classes Single Main 8 minutes, NO bump ups
∙ Grid start based on points total from Heats (lowest points 1st)
∙ Double Points awarded based on the finishing position (e.g. 1st place 2 points, 2nd place 4 points, 3rd place 6 points, etc.)

NOTE: DNS will be automatic 10 points for Heats and 20 points for Main.

Overall Winner determined by LOWEST total Point count from all Heats and Main.
Ties: determined by lowest point in Main, then lowest points in Heat 3, etc. back to qualifying if needed.
Old 2016.07.11, 10:05 AM   #4
sleekun
Sleekun

Attached is the layout for this Saturday's race (July 16th 2016). Wanted to post in case anyone's interested in coming and want to pre-setup for a relatively fast track.

Remember, PM me if you want details, directions, etc.

We're going to try and hold it even if the temps are hot, only thing that might dampen (pun intended) is if we get a lot of rain, may have to just trim it down to a smaller size or worst case postpone to 23rd...i'll make the postpone call by Friday evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg july2016tracklayout.jpg (265.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 2016.07.11, 11:54 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
wow, long track! inner split straight could be an interesting passing point if someone has the power/speed to do it. will certainly make the hole shot an interesting affair of traffic slits up
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.15, 09:32 PM   #6
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekun View Post
Attached is the layout for this Saturday's race (July 16th 2016). Wanted to post in case anyone's interested in coming and want to pre-setup for a relatively fast track.

Remember, PM me if you want details, directions, etc.

We're going to try and hold it even if the temps are hot, only thing that might dampen (pun intended) is if we get a lot of rain, may have to just trim it down to a smaller size or worst case postpone to 23rd...i'll make the postpone call by Friday evening.
I like the split. Haven't done that in any of my layouts. Might have to include at future shows.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.16, 07:50 AM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z View Post
I like the split. Haven't done that in any of my layouts. Might have to include at future shows.
not to get off topic, but are you still doing mini-z shows? i haven't seen much on the website or posted updates.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.16, 09:14 AM   #8
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
not to get off topic, but are you still doing mini-z shows? i haven't seen much on the website or posted updates.

Sent you PM
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote