Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.08.28, 07:42 PM   #1
saiyan
BooYa!!

The next race event

I have something going on 2 week-ends from now, so if any body is up for racin again this week-end (09-03-05) let me know. I can't imagine not getting use of the clubhouse by then, so that's where i'm planning to hold it. Otherwise it will be 3 week-ends befor i can join in on any racing, or 1 month with our current every-other-weekend schedule.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.28, 09:38 PM   #2
saiyan
BooYa!!

Here's a pic of my planned practice track that will be put up in my dinning room. It may change a little when i actually start doin it if the wife thinks it's too much. She's already said to go ahead and do it, but once it starts to go up and she see's how much room it will take up, she may ask me to make it smaller. We'll see later tonight after i move some furniture around. This will hopefully allow me to dial in my cars and my skills for the next race.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dinning room track extended.jpg (26.1 KB, 25 views)
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2005.08.30, 12:04 AM   #3
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Heck yeah, I’m up for Saturday the 3rd! Don’t want to go too long between races. Let’s definitely get that clubhouse though. 110deg is just too much.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.30, 01:53 AM   #4
DigitalMafia

I am most likely in! The last race was a great time. Dusty do you have the schematic of our 4L track from Saturday? Want it for our website.
Cheers,
DM.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.30, 02:25 AM   #5
saiyan
BooYa!!

Awright, I'll get the clubhouse secured for this week-end, even if i have to camp out on the porch of the lady that handles the clubhouse.
Old 2005.08.30, 04:51 AM   #6
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I’ve got a render of the track layout over on this page, DM:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attach...chmentid=17035
If you’d rather have a directly top-down render I can make one of those.

Saiyan, if you could, let me know the dimensions of the clubhouse along with any obstacles we may need to deal with. Maybe even snap a picture of the place. That way I can start on a design that will fit the space.

Don’t worry about dropping off the extra track pieces from Saturday. I’ll just collect them after the next GTG. There’s no way I’d get to use them before the 3rd anyway. Busy, busy.

BTW, I have hi-res logos for Vodafone, Bridgestone, Shell, Michelin, Pirelli, and Allianz made for the wall banners (see image, but much bigger and no compression). I doubt I'll get to print them before Saturday, but soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WallBanners.jpg (102.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 2005.08.30, 01:26 PM   #7
saiyan
BooYa!!

Those wall banners are gonna be awsome on the track. Let me know when you're ready to print those up, cause i want some for my track and i'll go in on the cost with ya no problem.

i'll be taliking to them shortly and will get the dimensions of the biggest room. If i can get a look of it befor hand i'll snap some pics.

Old 2005.09.01, 06:37 PM   #8
saiyan
BooYa!!

AWRIGHT!!!! I finally got a hold of someone who cares, and we have use of the clubhouse this Saturday. I'll be taking a look at it either tonight if i get off work soon enough or tomarrow. Dusty, i'll let you know what the rough square footage is. I wear a size 13 shoe so i'll 'walk it' and tell ya what i get. Racin in the A/C !! I can't wait, it will be so COOL!!!
Old 2005.09.03, 01:26 AM   #9
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

What’s the word on the clubhouse. What time should we show up, and where exactly is it?

Any dimensions on the room yet? I measured the track so I have a more accurate model to design from now. The initial model was close, but a tad small.

I’m trying to figure a way to get my truck size 2 Wide L’s into my Mini-96 size economy car for transport.
Old 2005.09.03, 03:09 AM   #10
saiyan
BooYa!!

Well, here's the deal......i screwed up and forgot to call him tonight.

Here's the excuse....i got called in to work unexpectedly to help out one of the guys who was just overloaded with deliveries. I was supposed to call him after 7pm and i didn't get home and see my track and then immediately remember to call him until it was 9:30. I would say 80% of the residents here are retirees, so i thought it was too late to call.

The fix....I have use of the clubhouse tomarrow and then again in 2 weeks, i just don't have a good measurement of the inside. I'll be calling him first thing in the morning around 8am to get the keys and was planning to be over there settin up my half of the track by around 10am. At wich point i'll be runnin sprints back and forth on it like a rallye race. I'll get to know my half of the track real well .

Lucky for me, all i have to do is load my boxes onto my dolly and wheel them over there . I'm open for anytime to start racin. You guys are more then welcome to show up when ever and can just practice until everyone shows.

The rough safe guestimate on the dimensions of the main room is 30'x30'. Though i think it's closer to 35'x35'. I walked along the walls with my size13 shoes heal to toe and after multiplying 32 steps times 13.25" i came up with 35'. My bottom floor is about 32 1/2' and i think it's several feet deeper. Plan for 30' cause we can alway stretch the long straight and shorten 1 of the shorter straights if we feel that we need to. The last track you designed for last weeks racin was 30' on the long side and just over 18' wide, so there should be plenty of room either way.

Dusty, i could probably come up and get your track in the morning and then take it back over to your house after we're done for the night. My wife wants me to figure some other way of storing my track pieces so that they're not in "those crappy looking boxes", so i'll be lookin into some plastic bins wich will be individually smaller and easier to move around.

Last edited by saiyan; 2005.09.03 at 03:16 AM.
Old 2005.09.03, 05:10 AM   #11
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Didn’t see your latest post until after I made a design. I erred on the side of small so it’s only 15’x20, but we can add tiles to extend straights. There’s a couple spots where I’m using Apex blanks to make wider radius corners. I think it’ll work, I don’t have a space uncluttered enough here to actually test fit.

As-is it only uses three Wide L’s and one Apex blank from a fourth L. If the experiment doesn’t work we can always use the corners as per normal.

It’s already late and wee early mornings are not my friend. I’ll try to be there between 10-11:00am though.

Don’t worry about picking up the track here, gas prices are too crazy-go-nuts and that’s a lot of backtracking. I’ll figure something out. I can likely get them both in my Wife’s land yacht, I just hate driving it. And then she’d be left with my car, which I also don’t like. She drives my little Sentra like it’s a freakin’ V8. Never feels right after she’s flung it about the road, and the seats all pushed up into the steering wheel. Probably gives it cooties too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP4x_Layout04.jpg (92.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 2005.09.03, 11:01 AM   #12
saiyan
BooYa!!

"Okay gentleman, the blacktop for today is 10,000'...........".

I HAVE KEYS!! Dusty, I'll see around the time you get here . I have already started the A/C and i did verify that the space is 35' deep by around 30-32' wide. The entrance splits the East wall with an identicle set of double doors on the West wall. The South wall is broken with a fairly large fireplace jutten out about 3 1/2 ' in the middle with a door on eachside for another room that is about 35' deep by 15-20' wide with some small tables and a pool table and couches. The North wall is solid from East to West for about 20' or so and then there is a tiny 'kitchen' with a refridgerater and a door leading into a hall for the seperate mens and womens bathrooms and saunas. And another room that is about 25'x15' with 2 pool tables and a ping-pong table and some chairs. There are plenty of chairs and table through out the clubhouse that we could have 20+ racers pitting in the building with out feeling cramped.

Oh and the Wife just basically gave me permission to get another RCP track.
Old 2005.09.04, 05:46 AM   #13
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

We had a loooong day of racing in the air conditioned comfort of Saiyan’s clubhouse. The place is huge with a large central room that easily fit our four RCP’s. Even a pool out back that Derek ran his R/C boat in.

It’s late now and I’m just too exhausted to edit pictures from the night. In fact my eyes are still drifting in circles, chasing the images of cars glowing on my retinas.

I did process one image, so let this provide anticipation for the rest: Last week we thought our cars had a lot of RCP track dust on them. Ha! Check this out (see attached image).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP_DustGoneWild.jpg (97.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 2005.09.05, 03:33 AM   #14
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Here are more pictures from Mini-AZ’s day in the clubhouse. I have some video too that I’ll post on Tuesday.

The image “ClubPano.jpg” is a series of four pictures I’ve stitched together to show the whole room at once. I couldn’t get it to seam up perfectly, but its close enough. The white blur is Derek’s Subaru appearing in different frames. Look closely at image left to see his car in mid-traction roll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ClubPano.jpg (112.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg PoliceLights.jpg (35.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ClippingTheCurb.jpg (69.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg LightStorm.jpg (71.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg TailLights.jpg (47.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 2005.09.05, 04:11 AM   #15
saiyan
BooYa!!

Ya, it was a long day, but well worth it . Digitalmafia had to leave early for family reasons, but fun was had by all. I got some much needed practice and was able to determine that some of my cars need more tweakin to be race worthy.

The original design for the layout by dustyweasel was cool, but for a smaller area and we were able to add a chicane and lenthen one side giving us a fairly large layout. Lots of great turns (once i got them down) and some speedy straights. Great track to be racing on, now if we could just get some more people to race with us.

I got some pics too of the race track, though they're kinda on the dark side. Check my gallery and look in the 'Phoenix GTG' folder.

Last edited by saiyan; 2005.09.05 at 04:14 AM.