Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.05.06, 01:34 PM   #16
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Thank you to everyone for your incredibly valuable input. So far, MR015 90mm and now the Monster/Overland class are leading the votes. I have to say that, in my own opinion, the M/O Class makes sence for a one day event. Here's why: We can run 90mm as the next race class for 8 weeks after NASCAR roacourse. It's a perfect class to add to the great classes we currently RACE. The M/O class would be better for a one-day event as a fun addition to the day, and probably not for a complete points series. I have been really suprised to hear how many people have M's and O's already, but just never run them - myself included. Hearing some of the ideas that people have had for obstacles we can quickly put on and take off the track for this class has been fueling the fun factor tremendously, and I think in these times we could all use some straight-up FUN! (Remember - we'll still be racing two other classes all-out and hardcore that day as well.)

Keep your thoughts coming! We still have some time to decide and come up with the best choice. Thank you again to everyone who has shared their opinions.

Al
ARCMS

PS - Dave: We all know too well that YOU already have a Monster! Hahaha! (For those who don't recall, Dave, in addition be beating our butts in every class, also won the random grand prize raffle at the 08 Summernatonals!)
ActionRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.06, 01:37 PM   #17
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Eugene - It might to time to break out the MZM from storage! Stacked FETS are encouraged for this class - if we do run it. It'll be an unlimited class - so whatever you want to it!

Jamil - You are hilarious!

Anyone ever try mounting large tires on an AWD chassis? Hmmmm....

Al
ARCMS
Old 2009.05.06, 04:51 PM   #18
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
When will the final decision be for this last class? End of May? I need to know so I can start planning my return.
Old 2009.05.08, 10:36 AM   #19
ActionRC
Action RC 2

The latest we would decide what the 3rd class will be is June 19th, but I will announce it sooner if it looks like we have a clear choice before then. I'll give as much notice as possible, but at the very least you'll have one day short of a month to get ready. The race right now is mostly between "Unlimited Monster/Overland" and "90mm Wheelbase". 90mm as it's being discused now, potentially, would include standard MR015 chassis' and narrowed MR02 chassis'.

I'll keep everyone posted! Register soon!

Al
Old 2009.05.08, 04:37 PM   #20
Scrapper
Stu

Send a message via MSN to Scrapper
shawty got low
Old 2009.05.10, 10:04 PM   #21
J-Milz

Vintage Race?

How about a MR01 vintage race for the Summer Nationals? Old school bodies like pre 70's and 70t motor? The vintage 70/70 race at Action. I like it!!
J-Milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.12, 01:52 PM   #22
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Jamil: The greatest class ever would be late 60's - early 70's SCCA Trans Am Series cars - the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. This was the greatest era of American road course racing. Unfortunately, telling this to Kyosho over the last five years has fallen on deaf ears. I cannot imagine that I am the only one telling them that this is what everyone wants, but let your opinion be known to them and shoot them an email. Unfortunately for us, I cannot run a class that there are no bodies for, and modifying model cars, while possible, is a lot of work to have them get bashed up. - Al

Update: Monster/Overland still leading the votes over 90mm Short Wheelbase.

Keep 'em coming!

Al
Old 2009.05.12, 04:10 PM   #23
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Vote for 90mm here!!!
Old 2009.05.13, 06:21 AM   #24
k_bojar

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar Send a message via MSN to k_bojar
if mine counts, I'll vote for 90mm as well

for a vitz and mini cooper that I really wanna run

PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.15, 09:40 AM   #25
ActionRC
Action RC 2

So far, 90mm and Monster/Overland are still neck and neck as the leaders. My personal opinion (which is NOT the deciding factor) is that I'd rather run M/O for the 'Nats. Two reasons:

1) It's a single event, so making the third class something completely out of the ordinary and REALLY FUN would be very cool.
2) You CAN run 90mm in the 015 class.
3) We can run 90mm as it's own class for a points series for 8 weeks.
4) Many people have M's and O's that have not been run for a while and are eager to run them.

Here's another one that popped up recently as a vote: LM w/ Kyosho LM bodies. Any wheel and stock-class motor. Break out those Pan car chassis' again???

Keep 'em coming!

Al
Old 2009.05.16, 08:09 PM   #26
bermbuster
GF Racing

Which one will win.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1092.JPG (228.8 KB, 27 views)
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.17, 03:37 AM   #27
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
Which one will win.....
Your just trying to pick a fight, arent you How dare you do that to an f355.

90mm, LM, Monster... In order of preference. I would have to do TOO much work with the MZM to convert to 2.4ghz, it may not even be worth it...
Old 2009.05.17, 08:20 AM   #28
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Your just trying to pick a fight, arent you How dare you do that to an f355.

90mm, LM, Monster... In order of preference. I would have to do TOO much work with the MZM to convert to 2.4ghz, it may not even be worth it...
Its all good...whatever we race. We are fortunate to have probably the best mini z racing in North America right here in metro NYC.....

My mini monster is still am....(hint...)
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.19, 12:37 PM   #29
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Eugene - You know you CAN still run AM, right??? Run the truck as-is like we all would be doing and have fun with it!

George - AWESOME!!!
Old 2009.05.27, 05:37 PM   #30
ActionRC
Action RC 2

NY/NJ Area Drivers: I know it's still early, but try to let me know soon if you'll be attending the Summernats'. I want to make sure I have enough spots for my regulars and NY area drivers. Many 'non-regular' drivers have contacted me for info.

PS: If you have not voted for the third class yet, let me know ASAP so I can formally announce it!

Thanks!
Al