Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.03, 02:55 PM   #1
Mike Keely

What are your thoughts for scheduling a enduro race?

We can schedule it with the HobbyTown in Fredrick, MD or at Mimi's. Either way we will need to take a track for the race. Don't know if Matt and Jeremy are up for it again or not. I know that Gary Thomas would let us use his track and computer if needed. They have three wide L's worth of track.

We could schedule it for Feb. or March. I would like to know how many teams we would have and any thoughts you might have.

I would like to make it a 2 hour race?
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.03, 04:45 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I think with teams you will find 2 hours to be short. I would suggest 4. This makes strategy a much larger part of the team event. Keep in mind the end event is going to be MUCH longer.

Either location is fine with me. Mimi doesn't have much of anything around. Not sure about ht USA as I have not been there yet but I'd like to get some dnano track time.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.04, 09:33 PM   #3
Mike Keely

4 hours sounds good to me.

I had some questions for everyone:
1) What motor does everyone want to use? I vote for a PN 70 Turn stock motor. I would think that everyone would have one and they would have great run time per battery pack.
2) I suggest auto scale bodies only?
3) I would like to have it on Feb. the 13. How would this go over on the Sat before Valentines Day? If not how is March the 13th?
4) Teams would be two to three people and can only run one car.
5) I think that we will need to have it at HobbyTown in Fredrick MD?I will need to reserve the date as soon as we all pick the date.
6) 10 teams max. we are thinking at least a little over three wide L's size track.
Old 2010.01.05, 08:12 AM   #4
arch2b

can i suggest you contact mleemor60 to wrap this into the reflex racing endurance event schedule? there are base guidlines with flexibility for the host to make some decisions. this would get the event a sponsor right off the bat.

feb. is a busy month for me anyway so i prefer march but thats just me

your rules sound very close to the endurance event we held with ncrc racing a couple years back. it was a very successful race which everyone seemed to really enjoy. i wish we could schedule more of these for our area clubs to participate in.
Old 2010.01.05, 02:37 PM   #5
imxlr8ed

Maybe throw on an hour of F1 Enduro as well? Really had fun at that DC F1 Enduro a while back... awesome wrecks!

I say, 70turn... 3 maximum drivers, Kyosho chassis and wheelbases, any body, 4nimh cells... keep it basic.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.05, 05:51 PM   #6
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
can i suggest you contact mleemor60 to wrap this into the reflex racing endurance event schedule? there are base guidlines with flexibility for the host to make some decisions. this would get the event a sponsor right off the bat.

feb. is a busy month for me anyway so i prefer march but thats just me

your rules sound very close to the endurance event we held with ncrc racing a couple years back. it was a very successful race which everyone seemed to really enjoy. i wish we could schedule more of these for our area clubs to participate in.
I have seen the rules that Reflex has and I am not interested in all of the changes that they want to do during the race. I am sure that guys have had fun at those races but not something that I want to do.
Old 2010.01.06, 09:50 AM   #7
imxlr8ed

Mike, I'm going to check the grapevine today... I might have a location for this event if needed. I'll pm you when I hear back from my source.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2010.01.06, 11:19 AM   #8
imxlr8ed

Source appears to be very correct... you've got PM!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2010.01.06, 06:39 PM   #9
Mike Keely

Ed has a hobby shop that is willing to hold the race with Ed supplying the track and lap counting system. The facility is the Mushroom Bowl. All we would need to do is bring our equipment and cars. The track is about a hour and a half from DC. Twenty minutes west of Philly, PA.

The question that I have is, are you guys willing to travel up to PA to run the enduro race? I have no problem having it up at their track. Ed and Larry have came down here so I would be glad to go to his track.
Old 2010.01.06, 06:50 PM   #10
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Ed has a hobby shop that is willing to hold the race with Ed supplying the track and lap counting system. The facility is the Mushroom Bowl. All we would need to do is bring our equipment and cars. The track is about a hour and a half from DC. Twenty minutes west of Philly, PA.

The question that I have is, are you guys willing to travel up to PA to run the enduro race? I have no problem having it up at their track. Ed and Larry have came down here so I would be glad to go to his track.
Mike,

Philli is only a 2 hour drive from NYC; I'll bet a few of the NY drivers would consider it. I know I would.

-Jer
Old 2010.01.06, 06:55 PM   #11
Mike Keely

Ed, you are not wanting to do the Reflex rules are you?

Last edited by Mike Keely; 2010.01.06 at 06:59 PM.
Old 2010.01.06, 08:40 PM   #12
arch2b

i've raced there before with the pa guys so i'm up for the trip it's not a bad trip.
Old 2010.01.07, 09:23 AM   #13
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Ed, you are not wanting to do the Reflex rules are you?
The Reflex Enduro theme is cool but I'm thinking that this one should just be back to basics, same as the previous ones. I wouldn't want to do much more tech than PN 70turn motors (would be great if they were handouts), 4AAA NIMH batteries, Kyosho chassis and Autoscale bodies.

The Spec bodies were a great idea a while back but I think this race should be as easy to attend as possible... minimize effort, maximize fun! just 4 (or more) hours of racing insanity!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2010.01.07, 11:39 AM   #14
arch2b

i'm inclined to agree with Ed, for reference, HERE is the post for the abandoned 2009 dc endurance race. i'd prefer not to get into why it was canceled so lets not worry about that.

if you guys still want a spec body and a march date, i can still swing sponsored autoscales. i don't have any pull in the motor department but i agree, a hand out motor would be a nice attempt to keep it somewhat even tempered for everyone.

heck, if you want to revive the dc endurance race event, i'm all for that as well. location is where it is meaning it doesn't have to be in one spot all the time. i can easily copy some posts, edit some info and get it up before the weekend.

curious, but how does the heat work at the mushroom bowl? there wasn't any air conditioning to speak of the last event i attended there in the summer. march could be warm or snow, it's a crazy month in our region.
Old 2010.01.07, 07:03 PM   #15
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
The Reflex Enduro theme is cool but I'm thinking that this one should just be back to basics, same as the previous ones. I wouldn't want to do much more tech than PN 70turn motors (would be great if they were handouts), 4AAA NIMH batteries, Kyosho chassis and Autoscale bodies.

The Spec bodies were a great idea a while back but I think this race should be as easy to attend as possible... minimize effort, maximize fun! just 4 (or more) hours of racing insanity!
Glad to hear that. Not sure I want to do any more then 4 hours!