Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.12.14, 07:21 PM   #1
Gixer1K

Transmitters for the MR-03VE

What transmitters are compatible with the MR-03VE?

I have the KT-19.

Thanks
Old 2015.12.14, 08:33 PM   #2
byebye

Your KT-19 is not compatible

You need a Mini-z specific ASF radio like the kt=18, Perfex EX-5, EX-10 Helios, Eurus with an Mini-z ASF module.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.15, 10:27 AM   #3
Gixer1K

Thanks Byebye

If I pop for a Perfex, will I be able to use that with the MR-03 and MR-03 Sports?
Old 2015.12.15, 11:14 AM   #4
DMALMAD

no, asf means only regular 03 an dve, sport requires fhss radios like the fly sky it4

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.15, 04:51 PM   #5
Gixer1K

Roger that you two, thanks for the help.

Getting back into Mini-Z world after a 10 years hiatus and trying to catch up/remember some stuff.
Old 2015.12.15, 05:53 PM   #6
DMALMAD

Honestly if you are going to be racing I would seriously consider getting the new kyosho ex-6 radio to use with regular 03 and 03ve. I recently purchased one myself and for under 300 (250-300 depending on which corner of the internet you buy it from) and if you want to race getting a good radio to start will make things a lot easier.

Old 2015.12.15, 06:24 PM   #7
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Honestly if you are going to be racing I would seriously consider getting the new kyosho ex-6 radio to use with regular 03 and 03ve. I recently purchased one myself and for under 300 (250-300 depending on which corner of the internet you buy it from) and if you want to race getting a good radio to start will make things a lot easier.
Ill 2nd this. Great radio.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.15, 06:50 PM   #8
TheSteve
VE7FM

I'd much prefer a Futaba 4PK with a Mini-z module stuffed into it.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.15, 09:21 PM   #9
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
I'd much prefer a Futaba 4PK with a Mini-z module stuffed into it.
Why? The ko feels better in your hand, is half the cost, is faster, is fully customizable, and has useful features that the futaba doesn't. The ex-6 was designed for mini-z use and it really shows, steering response is fast and super smooth, no reason to go back to the helios and ex-1ur quality when the new radios are so affordable and advanced. If you already had that then yeah, but getting something new you should start with the most cost effective, and with the precision and quality for the price there is not a radio on the market that can touch ko right now. I mean some places are charging $600 for the 4px or whatever while the ex-2 is 220 and the ex-6 is 250...(both are the same but ex-2 is 1/10th and 03ve pro)

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.12.15 at 09:24 PM.
Old 2015.12.16, 06:02 AM   #10
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixer1K View Post
Roger that you two, thanks for the help.

Getting back into Mini-Z world after a 10 years hiatus and trying to catch up/remember some stuff.
Yeah I hear ya. That's a long time and a lot has changed since then.

You really don't have to go all-in. You'll find that the radios have an infinite amount of adjustments as well as the electronics in the chassis with ICS. I'm still running a Eurus and a few guys still run the Helios and are just as competitive.

I personally prefer a heavier radio. I don't think I'd be any faster with a more expensive radio.
Old 2015.12.16, 10:33 AM   #11
Gixer1K

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye View Post
Yeah I hear ya. That's a long time and a lot has changed since then.

You really don't have to go all-in. You'll find that the radios have an infinite amount of adjustments as well as the electronics in the chassis with ICS. I'm still running a Eurus and a few guys still run the Helios and are just as competitive.

I personally prefer a heavier radio. I don't think I'd be any faster with a more expensive radio.
I'm a fan of a good radio. I have a 4PL right now for my boats (3) and cars (5). The Kyosho sounds like a worthy investment. The adjustability helps overcome my lack of driving skills.
Old 2015.12.16, 08:59 PM   #12
byebye

Gotcha ;-)
Old 2015.12.17, 11:41 AM   #13
TheSteve
VE7FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Why? The ko feels better in your hand, is half the cost, is faster, is fully customizable, and has useful features that the futaba doesn't. The ex-6 was designed for mini-z use and it really shows, steering response is fast and super smooth, no reason to go back to the helios and ex-1ur quality when the new radios are so affordable and advanced. If you already had that then yeah, but getting something new you should start with the most cost effective, and with the precision and quality for the price there is not a radio on the market that can touch ko right now. I mean some places are charging $600 for the 4px or whatever while the ex-2 is 220 and the ex-6 is 250...(both are the same but ex-2 is 1/10th and 03ve pro)
I recommended a 4PK, not a 4PX - you should be able to pickup a used 4PK for 100 bucks or less quite easily. Much higher quality radio then anything KO/Kyosho has ever made. You can also use it for regular scale cars/boats if needed. You should also be able to stuff a Sports series FHS type module in it so you can control any/all 2.4 GHz Mini-Z vehicles.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.17, 03:11 PM   #14
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
I recommended a 4PK, not a 4PX - you should be able to pickup a used 4PK for 100 bucks or less quite easily. Much higher quality radio then anything KO/Kyosho has ever made. You can also use it for regular scale cars/boats if needed. You should also be able to stuff a Sports series FHS type module in it so you can control any/all 2.4 GHz Mini-Z vehicles.
You defintly cannot get a 4pk for 100 I had searched ebay for about 6months for one at that price, it realistically is 230 which is practically the same price as the KO. Also you are not factoring the cost of inserting a module and the fact that most people do not have the skill to modify their radio to the degree neccesary to make a clean install. For 330 you can have MHS, ASF, and FHSS (1/10th) compatability.

Also I only referenced the 4px to demonstrate the price difference between radios on the market. Having tried or at the very least held most radios out there that can be used with Mini-Z I can say confidently there is not a radio more durable than the Helios/Eurus and there is not a more comfortable radio than the ex-6. Like I said you should not overlook the fact that radios designed specifically for mini-z and the steering speed that we have are at a distinct advantage. There is a clear difference in steering speed and resolution between module based asf and the newer ex-1/6. While the ex-1 had its issues the ex-6 seems to have none of the gremlins that plagued the ex-1.

Everyone prefers a different radio feel but at this point with how modular and adjustable the radios are right now you can set the KO radios to exactly what you feel most comfortable with. Don't get me wrong the Helios/Eurus and ex-1ur all felt sturdy and comfortable and are still outstanding radios (along with other module based radios) but they are not equal to the new radios. The ex-6 was the first radio I bought new and I really can now appreciate the difference between buying someones beat up used radio and having the best radio that is yours from the start.

Old 2015.12.17, 07:48 PM   #15
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

....and since dhalmad had spoken he must be the only right answer. (Insert sarcastic font)

I just finished sourcing 4pk radios for 3 different friends for $125usd. Oddly enough they all looked pretty much new since everyone I know treats radios with respect and doesn't "beat up" the most important aspect of their rc experience.

All most of us are trying to say is that if you are reasonably resourceful and have minor soldering skill (if I can do this mod anyone can) you can save yourself some money and get a radio that is a great steer that you can use for all scales.

But if you say the ex6 is the best there ever was we could all wait another 6 months until the next best improvement from KO comes out and you jump on that bandwagon.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote