Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > MC3, Toronto, ON, Canada

Old 2012.02.15, 06:07 PM   #31
Guinness

I think with this many drivers, we should make teams mandatory
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.18, 11:45 AM   #32
BlackBerry

So wah happenin? Its Saturday now and we don't have concrete rules on drivers/teams.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.18, 11:52 AM   #33
pomme de terre

As it says in the first post:

Quote:
Teams: Up to 2 racers per team are allowed. A single transponder must be used per team.
We have 3-4 teams right now, so 3-4 marshalls. Singles can choose to team up or find a partner at the track, but no one is going to force you to.
pomme de terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.19, 03:34 PM   #34
pomme de terre

So I think we can all agree that our 2 hr endurance race pilot project was a great success .

We had a few people who couldn't make it, and unfortunately Shawn had some problems with his car. However, we managed to get almost everyone on teams and only had a couple of single racers. This worked out to an exciting race with about 7 cars on the track at a time. It was pretty impressive of Chris (BlackBerry) and Damien to run the full 2 hours all by themselves, and even more impressive that their cars lasted the full 2 hours.

Race results have been posted on the MC3 website. If anyone's interested, Calvin did some analysis on our team's runs and worked out some stats for our team:

- total of 7 pit stops and 4 runs each, for a total of 8 runs
- longest stint was 21 min 16 sec, on a pack of Orion 900's
- our fastest pit stop took 49.217 secs (time from passing bridge, to pitting, to passing bridge again)
- we both used PN 43 turn motors and AAA's
- no tire changes, but one tire rotation midrace

I can't wait for us to do another endurance race again. Maybe 4 hours? Or 5 hours?

-------------

And on an unrelated note, Shawn got in the new MF015 yesterday. There's only a couple left and we'll be continuing to run a F1 class on Saturdays. Get yours before its all gone!

Here's our favourite underage racer, Joey's brand new Hamilton MP4-25:

Last edited by pomme de terre; 2012.02.19 at 03:41 PM.
pomme de terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.19, 06:38 PM   #35
josyskunk

Based on the experience we earned in yesterday. I believe that next will be even better. Let get the suggestion for next race format started!!
Here are some of my suggestion

A team of 3 racer - now we have relative speed of each team, we can add some of less experience racers to the more experienced team. In this way the new comer can learn more about the setup of their car and promote a more friendly atmosphere. Another thing I notice is the toward the second half of the race, some of the less experienced racer were so far behind in the race that it became a extended test session for them. Integrating them into the faster team will solve that problem because their laps still matters if they are in one of the more experienced team.

Duration - Due to the Shop hours, I think next one should either be a 3 hrs or max 3 1/2 hrs race ( 1/2 hrs qualifying). If it is 3 1/2 hrs, we will start early in 5:30 om sharp on Saturday. No waiting at all. It will be less a problem since each team has 3 members. Also setup and every thing else should be prepared before the race to get everything running smoothly.

Pit Stop - The swapping transponder format work well and I think we should keep it.

that is my suggestion and we can start creating a team of 3 members!!!
josyskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.19, 07:42 PM   #36
Sinister_Y

Thanks to Jon and Casey for their hard work to think of the format and solicit everyone's input. Thanks to all the other racers for their feedback and commitment.

I fully support any event you guys want to run. Maybe I can arrange some sort of sponsorship for the next race. I know that some unnamed manufacturer at this time is open to sponsorship. Maybe we can get them to sponsor motors for everyone? Anyway, think of that too and I can facilitate.

Sincerely,
Shawn
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.19, 09:02 PM   #37
josyskunk

While we greatly appreciated Shawn, the shop-owner; we also miss Shawn, the racer. Hopefully Shawn will get the shop misc stuff done soon and setup his Atomic chassis so that he can race more in the future!!!
josyskunk is offline   Reply With Quote