Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.06.14, 04:52 PM   #31
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
ahh, ok. i see what you mean. i'll have to brainstorm with david as to why that is happening. we upgraded the vb software at the same time so it could be a bug in that or a setting i need to check, etc. thanks for letting me know
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 08:14 PM   #32
Old Crow
Old Crow Racing

Are the forums staying this way, or is it still being looked at?
Old Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 08:37 PM   #33
arch2b

what suggestions do you have? nearly all of the current changes were member suggestions
Old 2009.06.24, 03:40 PM   #34
Old Crow
Old Crow Racing

Wow, Ok, I actually liked it better right before these changes were made, there were fewer categories to look at on the first forum page. This is frustrating and too busy to look at. Obviously, this is just my opinion, I just find myself dreading looking at all of it, I'd rather navigate myself to where I want to go.
Old 2009.06.24, 03:49 PM   #35
arch2b

the flip side to that argument is that members complained they couldn't find x or y and didn't know where to go. we have to strike a balance that will be acceptable to the majority.

i plan to push david to change the forum index so that all forums with subforums are displayed like 'kyosho', such as vendors and tracks and GTG. this will reduce the page scroll required to view the entire index yet still show all the subforums. it's an obvious change that some will not like or be used to but i'd like to evaluate it none the less.
Old 2009.06.24, 05:49 PM   #36
Old Crow
Old Crow Racing

I totally understand arch, can't please everyone, your just going with the majority. Thanks for the update.
Old 2009.06.24, 08:27 PM   #37
xoxide
Hazardous Designs

Its way cluttered, can we get it back to the way it used to meaning clubs and stuff were all sub-forums, not actual forums?
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.25, 07:29 AM   #38
arch2b

i'm hoping the new way subforums are displayed will make it less daunting.

clubs subforums under tracks forum. this was pulled out of general discussion as it's become one of the most active forums thus deserves more prominence. it will remain this way until our next period of evaluation.
Old 2009.06.30, 09:55 AM   #39
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
I don't think we need a category for the Lit since nobody seems to race theme or anything. I've been watching the Lit thread for a long time and it just sits there. I feel the Lit can be deleted.
I just noticed something. Why is the Dnano, which is 1/43 scale, listed under the 1/28 scale category?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.30, 10:19 AM   #40
arch2b

it's there as documentation of it's existance at this point. i am not going to delete manufacturer cat, just because it doesn't get a lot of traffic. if there were the case, xmods, iwaver, catamaran, and several others. would all be candidates for the chopping block. the information contained in those is worth keeping, if only for reference. does it take up visual space, sure. is someone going to ask for it later, you bet. always happens. as soon as you move something, someone asks where it is, even if it's years old.

i am open to collapsing cats under general discussion. to be clear, the posts will remain, just moved to another cat. i do not delete any posts. they simply get moved from one place to another. these were created MANY years ago for the most part.
Old 2009.06.30, 10:52 AM   #41
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
It's almost like cleaning your room or worktable. When thing's are a mess, we tend to know where a certain item is, even though it look's like we can't find it. As soon as we clean it up, organize thing's nice and neatly, that's when we tend to LOSE items! Now where did I put that thing? It was here a minute ago!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.05, 07:25 PM   #42
deloreanaka8

Send a message via MSN to deloreanaka8
I'm not dissing the work arch and the other had but since I disapeared to what I see now it's just a really confusing index.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't here to witniss the members requests.
Old 2009.07.05, 07:32 PM   #43
arch2b

i understand the confusion, change is often confusing at first.

in reality, this site now matches most of our other sites format which in a sense makes it more normal now than it was before.

we've had it the same way for so long that any change can easily offend.

take some time, see if it grows on you. know that there is always room for change however.
Old 2009.07.05, 10:28 PM   #44
ScottGTO
Tinfoil member status

First off. I don't want to offend anyone. I appreciate all of your efforts on here to create an environment for racers and hobbyists to hang out and share experiences. I am merely providing feedback related to how I view and use this site. There is many categories on the home forum page now. It is a lot to load especially in a mobile browser. So much so that I have had to avoid using the Edge iPhone connection to surf the site lately, and must resort to the DSL. I have commonly seen a number of the location based categories filed under the main "Regional Clubs". Maybe create a high level category called "Regional" or "Geo" with all the individual local groups, tracks and get-together' nested under that main header. That would condense it quite a bit and clean up the forum homepage. In its current configuration, it is a lot of scrolling to get to the marketplace now, for example.

Last edited by ScottGTO; 2009.07.05 at 10:38 PM.
ScottGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.06, 08:24 AM   #45
arch2b

changed one value in one setting and now all the subforums are listed differently which condenses the index significantly. i don't have to scroll to see it at all anymore myself.

let me know if this is too much...