Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.11.18, 04:03 PM   #1
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

787B side clip fitment and wheelwell space?

I'm starting a new round of paint and decal for my custom one-off fleet and I'm doing a Mazda 787B.

The side clips of the body have a ridge so left and right are clearly delineated. I recall that some of the LMP autoscales (with pre-mounted side clips) had a very large gap between the rear wheels and the body wheel well.

I'm wondering if anyone has had to modify the fitment height of their 787B to give an acceptable/presentable ride height and fitment to their chassis? Figured I'd ask here before actually having to sit down and change one of my chassis to 102mm and go through the fitment process myself....(yes I am that lazy).

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.18, 07:21 PM   #2
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The only LM body that I recall having height issues was the Sauber Mercedes. Some were really jacked up in the rear and some needed to have bubble created in the rear above the spur to keep it from hitting. Seems it was dependent on whether it was going on an 02 or 03 chassis.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.19, 02:04 AM   #3
herman

Yes most of the auto scale LM bodies came with their body mounts mounted lower than they should inside the body. As a result, they have quite a gap between the tire and wheel well / fenders. I took them off (carefully) and relocated them a bit higher in the body (where I think they should really have put them) I posted a diy article and simple pics to show what I did. Will look for it and post it.

Last edited by herman; 2017.11.19 at 02:34 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.19, 02:22 AM   #4
herman

Here's one I did with the Mercedes C9 LM body.
click here

Last edited by herman; 2017.11.28 at 02:48 AM.
Old 2017.11.19, 02:32 AM   #5
herman

I did the same thing (relocated the body posts higher in the body) with the Porsche 962 and the Mazda 787b just can't find the article and pics.
Old 2017.11.19, 04:38 AM   #6
herman

Here are before and after pics of my 962...

Before...

After relocating the body posts...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8937.JPG (404.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8938.JPG (435.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 2017.11.19, 04:19 PM   #7
herman

Still looking for pics of the 787... can't seem to find it...
Old 2017.11.24, 07:27 PM   #8
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

So after an epic parts swap, adjusting a damper lower to fit under the body (obviously too cheap to buy just a 102mm LMP damper) I made a chassis 102mm to test fit the Mazda body.

Huge wheelwell gap....close to (maybe a tiny bit bigger) than the Porsche pictured above.

The side clips have these weird slider stops on one side which don't even come close to being used so by cutting those off and dremeling another 2mm off the actual side clip mount area I was able to get a nice gap and pretty level body/chassis fitment.

Photos to come once I figure out where to host photos without my useless photobucket account.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.11.28, 02:45 AM   #9
herman

nice to hear... looking forward to see your pics and what you did... i still cant find my mazda pics...