Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.01.31, 08:24 AM   #46
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle View Post
I call my GTS (and former OLPS) car the "Silver Moose". I forget now exactly, but its something like 156g. I really need to work on lightening it. About 10g of that is a light kit I built, but its scientific fact that lights make cars faster.
Very true... light kits, underglows and cool paint schemes make Mini-Zs faster! I once built a car with a light kit, underglows, light up disc brakes and a hand-painted scheme of cool lightning bolts, a half-naked Norse goddess killing a dragon with a sword on the hood... I turned it on, put it on the track, squeezed the trigger and it shot into another dimension!!!

Ok... now the weight makes sense. We were gettin the lead out, no doubt!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2012.01.31 at 08:26 AM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.31, 08:35 AM   #47
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
Do you have videos of your races? We are going to post ours as soon as the results are released only because you asked for them.

Which club are you with?... I can't seem to recall any big stink about someone cheating with the bumpouts or changing lap counts.
He races at our club,which is MK Micro racers. There was no public big stink about the barrier issue. I believe someone emailed Dusty about us.
We had a club meeting,and the decision was made to officially drop out of ISRL.
We are going to run a club series based on 3 wide L setups.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.31, 08:44 AM   #48
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
He races at our club,which is MK Micro racers. There was no public big stink about the barrier issue. I believe someone emailed Dusty about us.
We had a club meeting,and the decision was made to officially drop out of ISRL.
We are going to run a club series based on 3 wide L setups.
Someone from your own club emailed Dusty about the bumpouts you had set up?

I'm bummed you won't be racing with us... personally, If you guys ran with no barriers, I'd still want you in the series. But it's Dusty's race series and the rules are clear. I had to cut up a straight side rail just to replace our bumpout that we lost.

Dusty... I will send in our results tonight and we should have our vids up by tomorrow.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.01.31, 12:12 PM   #49
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
No i believe it was a rival club who contacted them about the barriers. We actually bought foam and made our own bumps as RCP will not sell them seperately. I even contacted them direct to try and get them.
The bump barriers are not the issue with us dropping out. Our club drivers would rather have stock or open class,regardless of wheelbase. This is why we have withdrawn.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.31, 12:13 PM   #50
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ive got a question. We aren't participating, so tell me to butt out if that is the answer I deserve, but isn't 125g, and 150g both really light? Race ready weight for PNWC is 175g, which is 50g more (more than the heaviest body or battery set) than you guys are talking about for GTS......

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.31, 12:35 PM   #51
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i just looked at the posted rules and that is w/o batteries
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.31, 12:38 PM   #52
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Ive got a question. We aren't participating, so tell me to butt out if that is the answer I deserve, but isn't 125g, and 150g both really light? Race ready weight for PNWC is 175g, which is 50g more (more than the heaviest body or battery set) than you guys are talking about for GTS......
125g minimum is no problem, right to assume that almost all cars exceed this.

150g minimum is for the LMP (mod) cars so they are kept to around the same speeds as the GTS class.

These weights are both without cells too.

My Porsche 962 in full race trim was around 130g, so I had to add the weight.

It's always been my opinion that the minimum weight for Mini-Zs should be the lightest Autoscale (betting on the Vitz or the Lancia), and a completely stock chassis. Same for F1 as well.

I do understand now as to why they went with the weights they did for this series... I was just in a bit of shock when I had to add all that lead. All good now.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.01.31, 03:07 PM   #53
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Awesome imx! That is exactly how it works.
-----
Sorry to hear that Jayce. Maybe some other season then.
-----
Yes, a few weeks ago there was a concern raised about a club possibly not having all the necessary tile types but it appeared to be resolved. Too bad you guys are dropping, I’d rather see club rivalries settled on the track.

I haven’t heard anything about the OLPS issue before, but that’s Brian’s department. This is little toy cars with no money on the line, so I expect everyone that’s in this is doing it for fun and the challenge. But by all means post videos and promote your club’s activities! Participating in an international series like OLPS or ISRL can be an exciting draw for drivers and I hope this can help grow your clubs.
-----
Hrdrvr, good question (some of the others answered it for me). We’d love to have your club butt into the series.

For the weights we are encouraging drivers to modify and innovate and invent your hearts out to make your cars as light as possible so you can place the weight where you want to meet the minimums and make the most agile, best handling race machine you can! The LMP’s obviously have the greatest latitude in design (the “P” standing for “Prototype” after all). You can put a monster motor in the back, but can you design a car that will put that power on the ground? That’s the challenge!

The weight minimums are without batteries as there is some variability between cell weights, so I felt the car’s ‘dry’ weight was a more consistent and fair representation.
-----
You are partially correct, Foggy. Remember the 80MdM has four championships within the series (reg d.10-d.14):
80MdM Driver’s World Champion: Overall points regardless of class
80MdM LMP Class Champion: Points among the LMP class
80MdM GTS Class Champion: Points among the GTS class
80MdM Club World Champion: Averaged point totals among clubs.
-----
Don’t forget to send those results in tonight. I’ve sent the txt format to the clubs that signed up. The automated scoring software unfortunately wasn’t ready so we’ll have to do this first month the old fashioned way. However the software is mostly developed and should be fully functional soon. This will be v1.0 so it won’t be pretty, but it’ll work. Later versions we plan to have features like filtering for comparisons and so on (and I’m learning some WPF/XAML my own self which should help).
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.01, 03:50 AM   #54
chris130256

We have a couple of stupidly fast drivers at our club (HerefordF28UK) who have scored 110+ laps (Hfay) on quite a few occassions. Because of the unbelievable times posted, I thought it would be a good thing to keep documented evidence of proof without having to resort to videoing every race. I've got the statistics of every lap time (to 1000th second) from every race from the last 2 Hfays seasons. Anyone is welcome to see these if they don't believe what scoes ChrisB and Big Steve attained.
Maybe all the participating clubs should have these results available to non believers to prove they are legit, if so asked?
Anyway, Hereford have their results for January, I'd like to send them but not sure how/where?
Cheers, ChrisD.
chris130256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.01, 04:15 AM   #55
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Hehe, I don't think we'll be seeing hundred laps on these 3L circuits. However Earnhardt (March) is a little shorter and a lot of straightaway, so maaaybe there.

As I mentioned above, the automated software isn't quite ready yet. It should be deployed in the coming weeks. In the meantime I'll have to use brute-force manual scoring this month. Send me the txt file like this:

ClubName_Series_RaceNumber.txt (ex: Mini-AZ_80MdM_Race01.txt)
For the 80MdM: DRIVER, CLASS, LAPS, TIME, FAST LAP, BODY, CHASSIS, MOTOR, NATIONALITY
For the FMWC: DRIVER, LAPS, TIME, FAST LAP, MOTOR, NATIONALITY

(ex: Dusty, GTS, 78, 8:02.37, 6.97, Murcielago, MR-02, PNWC70, USA)
Note: NATIONALITY is the Driver's home country, not the Club's

We will only be using times out to hundredths of a second. Thousandths will be truncated, so no need to include them. Do not round. (I wish all lap counters ran thousandth accuracy, we've had races that close at Mini-AZ).
Use this format for TIME: 0:00.00 (ex:. 8:01.03)
Use this format for FAST: 00.00 (ex:. 07.25)

I currently have results for:
RMZR
Mini-AZ
HerefordF28UK
So everyone please send in your results straight away!

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2012.02.02 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Updated list
Old 2012.02.01, 08:12 AM   #56
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris130256 View Post
We have a couple of stupidly fast drivers at our club (HerefordF28UK) who have scored 110+ laps (Hfay) on quite a few occassions. Because of the unbelievable times posted, I thought it would be a good thing to keep documented evidence of proof without having to resort to videoing every race. I've got the statistics of every lap time (to 1000th second) from every race from the last 2 Hfays seasons. Anyone is welcome to see these if they don't believe what scoes ChrisB and Big Steve attained.
Maybe all the participating clubs should have these results available to non believers to prove they are legit, if so asked?
Anyway, Hereford have their results for January, I'd like to send them but not sure how/where?
Cheers, ChrisD.

I can easily believe 100+ runs on 2WLs... just wish I could do them on a regular basis!

Dusty... when you want the fast lap time, you don't care about which lap was the fastest, correct? LMK if you need anything else.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2012.02.01 at 08:15 AM.
Old 2012.02.01, 01:18 PM   #57
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Nope, just the fastest lap time by each driver for the FAST column. At some point there will be a Hall of Fame type page with champions and track records.

So if anyone gets a lap counter error (like a crash under the loop/minimum time miscount kind of thing), just discard that fast time (and lap obviously) and find the fastest time manually in your lap data.
Old 2012.02.01, 10:25 PM   #58
racerquinn#1

hello, heres just a cool video i have of our reverse a-main LM cars...notice right before the count down starts i notice my car was stuck on the wall....

enjoy

http://youtu.be/WAe09s1kKRk
"The hard road is the better road" So as it is in my favorite sport of road racing, it is in my life. The best tracks are not the easy ones. Racing victoriously to the finish takes skill and knowledge. Followed by courage and determination. The more you navigate the hard turns the better you get at all of them. Follow good lines laid down before you and trust them. Put on the helmet and strap yourself in. Here we go!

-john webber (FB friend)
racerquinn#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.03, 04:08 AM   #59
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Scores are up for the 80 Minutes du Mans:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans201...0MdM_2012a_Jan

(I'll have the Formula Mini World Championship results compiled and posted in the next day or two. Stand by).

Congratulations to Big Steve and LarryX for sweeping the wins in your respective classes. Your overall points leader is Big Steve, and HerefordF28UK begins the season with a 4.4 point lead over 2nd in the Club Championship chase.

The FAST LAP category was not reported to me for all drivers, so I can only go on what I have, but the inaugural Clark circuit records for these classes are:

(Updated with data from Hereford)
GTS: Big Steve of HerefordF28UK with a 5.99sec
LMP: LarryX of RMZR with a 6.59sec

Pennsylvania showing some speed.

I was hoping for more LMP drivers, but its a start. The great thing about the on-line format is we can have large fields which makes Le Mans style multi-class racing practical. Remember LMP drivers you have a higher minimum weight, but you have unlimited power to compensate. Don't let those GTS guys dominate you!

Thanks to everyone for participating, I hope you had a good time with the bigger layouts and enjoy the points challenge of mixed class racing over the coming months. Good luck drivers in February!

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2012.02.05 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Updated Fast Lap Data
Old 2012.02.03, 03:41 PM   #60
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Not that its that important but LARRY in GTS....the body i used was the Honda HSV not the 599XX. I know its fun to see what bodies people run.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote