Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

View Poll Results: Head count so far? Please only respond if NOT on facebook event group.
Going 2 100.00%
Maybe 0 0%
Not going 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019.09.08, 04:11 PM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I just got back home! It was nice to have taken our time whit the whole trip, not in a rush to be anywhere really.

Thank you to Brian for the invite and hospitality! I had the opportunity to race with a bunch of new people and some I haven't seen in some time which was great! I had a good time sharing a pit table with Dwight, a local Remnant racer which made it feel much more relaxed.

Food was great! I don't believe you will ever run short of pit space. The biggest challenge really was finding the best vantage to stand and still get a car around the far corner turns The track was at least 30-35' in length. Not as long as the runs in Murdertown up in DE but still much longer than i'm accustomed to. The back half was technical with plenty of high speed sections.

I really wish I could borrow the speech engine from Flipside to work with ZRound. The software announcing was informative and better yet, understandable without having to mix-match english/spanish vocabulary. I do like the format used however would recommend using more than 1 hot lap in qualifying as determining factor for setting the heats. The errant hot lap can really upset the apple cart so to speak. Not as big a deal when it sets the heats vs. mains but you avoid anomalies which can cause grief. I really hope Flipside continues development as it's a solid system but short on race management.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.09.08, 04:15 PM   #17
arch2b

I'm not a good narrator so I'll leave that to those more eloquent than myself. Suffice to say I took myself out of 70TLM by mistake, which I felt I had my best car for, out of all the classes I ran. It was also my freshly painted C7 to boot... Purely my mistake, Brian had it all written down and even had the it displayed for reference. I just got distracted and misunderstood which was disappointing for me as I missed my favorite class (HFAY essentially). I managed to place 3rd in Stock GT A Main running a stock MR-03 with ball bearings and white end bell Kyosho motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9763.JPG (91.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9759.jpg (42.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9764.jpg (118.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by arch2b; 2019.09.08 at 04:29 PM.
Old 2019.09.08, 04:16 PM   #18
arch2b

I also placed 3rd in Outlaw A Main with a copy of my HFAY car which is a PN 2.5W ASF board with 50T motor. Taking home a trophy is rare for me so I really enjoyed them! Especially in Outlaw as I rarely run modified class with anything other than my HFAY car. I had built the 50T car especially for modifed/outlaw class and I believe this was only the 2nd event I've ever run that car in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9760.jpg (124.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9761.jpg (39.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9765.jpg (124.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by arch2b; 2019.09.08 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2019.09.08, 08:35 PM   #19
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Sad that I missed this one, have too much on my plate at the moment to travel. Hopefully the next one I can get down there. Looks like a lot of fun was had by all who attended.
Old 2019.09.09, 07:02 AM   #20
sleekun
Sleekun

Thanks for the posts arch2b! and big thanks for the feedback, i love feedback about improvements and all, that's the only way we can make things better is to know what worked and what didn't, otherwise i'm just shooting in the dark!

Agree about the single hot lap, not sure if Zround does that automagically but since i'm using Flipside and manually entering the data into a custom spreadsheet that uses macros that would be tough, but between now and the next race (possibly not until 1st QTR 2020) then maybe i can figure something out, i've already found that Flipside uses SQLLite so i may be able to build a Access Database front end to pull in the data to eliminate the manual entry part which would be HUGE time saver and open up possibilities like you mentioned...kind of best of both worlds at that point....nobody hold breath on that one ;-)

Thanks again to you and everyone else that made it, without the racers there wouldn't be a race!
Old 2019.09.09, 02:24 PM   #21
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Had a great time! It's been a long while since I have raced. Brian and his family put on a great race. Arch it was great to see you after all these years. You where one of the first people I met here on the forum, so long ago. Dwight good seeing you as well. I think this is my first post in 8 years. Hope to see you all again soon!

Jay
Old 2019.09.13, 09:33 PM   #22
arch2b

GT-LM 70T Class
A Main
B Main

LM 50T Class
A Main
B Main

Outlaw Class
A Main